Morocco 2017 (1 Viewer)

Apr 12, 2011
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
Burstner ixeo t 590
Exp
4yrs
For those heading towards Sidi Ifni we can thoroughly recommend a stop off at Camping Erkounte. Located on the R104 between Mirleft and Legzira its run by Abdullah who spent 25 years in Denmark. He is in tune with what Europeans require of a camp site. The showers and toilets were the best we've seen in two trips to Maroc. He's also a very good chef and rustles up some good grub.
View attachment 144445
Is there a local village you can walk to ??

tgee

Free Member
Oct 9, 2010
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
Mercedes Hymer s660
Exp
Since 2009
Apart from a local village, is there also a washing machine at Erkounte? We are back on the road tomorrow but need the washing done -- but like the look of Erkounte and the idea of some Danish pastries!

Busman

Free Member
Jul 25, 2013
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Esterel
Exp
A few years
No but there is a bus stop outside the campsite
Also there is a well stocked shop on site at very reasonable prices.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 23, 2014
Spain ??
Funster No
MH
Ice cream van
Exp
Since 2011
Cheers Bud Have a great time and get ready for more tears in Feb when the 6 Nations begins. Our side is well depleted but we will still molicate the Leek Munchers. I do fear the Irish though.
Safe Travels.

Lol Phil :D if I didn't know you better I'd say you got your fishing tackle out!!
Are you getting the excuses in early re depleted ? Looking forward to the six nations were trying some kids out and the RFU has stolen our manager again for the lions but hey ho

Will miss you at the Hamam washing my back this year:)

Oct 12, 2013
Filey
Funster No
MH
N and B Flair
Exp
Since 2014
Any suggestions as where to stay in agadir for a couple of nights ?

Oct 12, 2013
Filey
Funster No
MH
N and B Flair
Exp
Since 2014
P.s anyone driving down the coast road from essouruia to agadir, especially around Tamanar, where it says 60km per hour stick to it, I didn't and got pulled over by a very charming police man (swmbo was impressed), well , he asked for our paper work, which he didn't check, told me the fine was 300d, which I gave him, he gave me 200d back and said 'have a safe journey ' , I obviously decided against asking for a receipt to add to my collection

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Lol Phil :D if I didn't know you better I'd say you got your fishing tackle out!!
Are you getting the excuses in early re depleted ? Looking forward to the six nations were trying some kids out and the RFU has stolen our manager again for the lions but hey ho

Will miss you at the Hamam washing my back this year:)
Me too Marc ! You have the body of an athlete LOL

Sep 2, 2012
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
P.s anyone driving down the coast road from essouruia to agadir, especially around Tamanar, where it says 60km per hour stick to it, I didn't and got pulled over by a very charming police man (swmbo was impressed), well , he asked for our paper work, which he didn't check, told me the fine was 300d, which I gave him, he gave me 200d back and said 'have a safe journey ' , I obviously decided against asking for a receipt to add to my collection

Know the place well, spent 10 minutes there when the not so nice Bobby went through all my paperwork. By the way a receipt cost an extra 50dh is 150.

tgee

Free Member
Oct 9, 2010
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
Mercedes Hymer s660
Exp
Since 2009
Hotelman, there is a campsite on the left as you pass by the main beach on Mohammad V Avenue -- but always looks full. You can always stay at the school around from MUstafa's if you know where that is. Plenty people park near the Souk -- but police often move people on at 10pm, so I have been told.

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010

Hi Anne & Brian

There is a small village on the hillside opposite Erkounte. We had a walk up there but its just a rural farming village no shops or suchlike. Mirleft or Sidi Ifni are a fourpenny bus ride either way from the site or Legzira before Sidi.

If you come out of the camp site entrance and turn to your right and then first right again, follow a narrow road down to the sea. From memory its like a fisherman's wharf down there with the waves from the Atlantic lapping the rocks.

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
Any suggestions as where to stay in agadir for a couple of nights ?

There is a campsite right in the town at the Northern End but its always busy with people queuing outside waiting for vans to depart.

Camping International d'Agadir
Rue Chouha da Mokhtar Soussi, Agadir 80000, Morocco

There is also Camping Atlantica d'Imourane off the main N1 road close to Banana Village - between Tagazhout and Agadir. I think a few Funsters have stayed here and again its always busy.

Last edited:

makems

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2011
Ingleby Barwick,,Teesside
Funster No
MH
Sadly had to give up
Exp
2010-2017
AGADIR:
If you are only going to stop for a couple of nights we have frequently parked at the school near the recently departed Mustafa's workshop.

The coordinates are
N 30°25'29.8" W 9°34'44.2"
The school guardian is on duty all night and will probably make himself known and usually appreciates (but will not demand) a donation of Dh10 or Dh20.
It can occasionally be noisy but gets quiet after 9pm
There are no facilities although it always used to be possible to empty out at Mustafas or the cafe adjacent on the corner with a donation of a few Dh to the proprietor.
A petit taxi to the Grand Souk takes less than 5 minutes and is usually less than 10Dh. Make sure the driver puts the meter on!
If he won't and asks you for something outrageous like 20Dh, don't argue, wait until you get to the souk. Then just give him 10Dh get out and walk away saying you have been here many times and you know this is the going rate. (y)

Last edited:
OP
OP
TerryL

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Relaxing here at Moulay Bousselham - Camping Atlantic Gate, the second camping sign - with the group reformed. Not very busy and loads of room, but not where the electricity is working! Those who've been here will know what I mean.

It has been warm and sunny although the night was clear so very cold. Unfortunately it clouded over this afternoon and is now raining but it was forecast and is said to be a short weather front; might make it warmer overnight though. Probably move on Saturday.

Oct 12, 2013
Filey
Funster No
MH
N and B Flair
Exp
Since 2014
Are there any French left in France....I think they are all here on Camping Agadir !!, we had a great cycle along the prom, and got a taxi to the Grand Souk, and it is huge.....

Tomorrow another little drive down the coast, to 'who knows where' courtesy of Camper Contact.

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Relaxing here at Moulay Bousselham - Camping Atlantic Gate, the second camping sign - with the group reformed. Not very busy and loads of room, but not where the electricity is working! Those who've been here will know what I mean.

It has been warm and sunny although the night was clear so very cold. Unfortunately it clouded over this afternoon and is now raining but it was forecast and is said to be a short weather front; might make it warmer overnight though. Probably move on Saturday.
Enjoy Terry, It's below zero here, at home and bloody freezing. Things set to improve though with temperatures rising tomorrow to 4 Deg.

Oct 12, 2013
Filey
Funster No
MH
N and B Flair
Exp
Since 2014
We'll be down in the next few days probably, but we have a crisis, it's 22.30 hours and it's raining here in agadir, and swmbo has left my washing on the line !!!, she's ok, her small s are inside the van drying out !!!

makems

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2011
Funster No
MH
Sadly had to give up
Exp
2010-2017
Often when travelling we dry out smalls, t shirts etc on the dasboard as we are driving (or when we are parked) The great expanse of an A class dashboard is ideal in Morocco where the sun beats through the window

Nov 6, 2011
Worthing
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sky Ti
Exp
2001 to date
Our Maroc trip plan now includes driving the N8 between Marrakech and Fes. Any sugestions for places to see, stop etc?

Keith :cool:

makems

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2011
Funster No
MH
Sadly had to give up
Exp
2010-2017
Meknes is one of our favourite places in Morocco. Almost no tourists, so the souk depends entirely on locals and there is none of the pestering you get in Marrakesh and to a lesser extent Agadir.
The square gets very lively in the evenings, like a mini version of the Jemma el Fnar in Marrakesh.
The best parking is by the city walls just outside the entrance to the Royal Golf course which is permanently guarded by Army and Police so as safe as you can get.
Coordinates:
N 33deg 53.437. W 05deg 33.853

Oct 12, 2013
Filey
Funster No
MH
N and B Flair
Exp
Since 2014
Do you share a little gem if place ?, well here at sidi wassay, just south of agadir, really well signposted, and huge pitches , a really GREAT site, it's on campers stop

SUGGY

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 23, 2011
scunthorpe
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Update on essaouria. ..parking overnight in the port car park is still allowed . 50 mad .

The aire / car park at the circle as you get to the sea front is 30 mad .

Had a meal at the Beach and Friends bar tonight and a great band playing Rasta . Blues and a bit of rockabilly .

Still 13 : 2 c outside and a promise of sunshine tomorrow .

Malcolm Bolt

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 10, 2011
Harrogate
Funster No
MH
old A class
Exp
since 2011
25 litre cartons of vino Tinto, 4 litres of gin, 18 litre bottles of San Miguel, 36 cans of San Miguel, 120 cans of kronenburg, 3 bottles of champagne, and three quarters of a bottle of baileys, oops sorry now only half a bottle swmbo is drinking it. And, I forgot, 20 bottles of 8% dutch beer from the micro brewery under the windmill in Amsterdam, sorry now only 19 , and 4 litres of don Simone sangria !!
No great problem there BUT
With all the choices available why the San Miguel?

Running Wild

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 13, 2016
Wareham Dorset
Funster No
MH
Hymer DL678
Exp
Since 2013
Now in Zagora took the N12 after Tata / Foum Z..... which is good, just be careful with some of the fords as the dips can be quite bumpy. Managed 45 mph average

Apr 23, 2014
Spain ??
Funster No
MH
Ice cream van
Exp
Since 2011
Hot sunny day here at La Relais washing done n dried, heading to the coast for some r&r tomorrow.

If it's of help to any dog owners we came over with FRS on thurs, we were able to take our dog on top deck unlike Balearics where we have always had to leave him in the van

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back