Morocco 2017 (1 Viewer)

May 7, 2011
Devon
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
Planning to go over to Morocco mid February. Does anyone know where we can get water and dump grey before we leave Algeciras. We know where to get lpg at Los Barios fuel station, but the aire on the way to it seemed closed last year.

Dasja

Free Member
Jan 18, 2017
The Netherlands
Funster No
MH
Eura Mobil, Fiat Ducato
Exp
Since 2015
@TerryL We've heard from @Anna-Gabor that you will going to Morocco on Tuesday. We like to join as well if that is possible. First wanted to check if it's ok to join the group before we pay to be a member :)

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
Hi Dasja

Im sure you will be more than welcome to join @TerryL's group crossing from Algiceras next Tuesday. You need to be a member of MotorHome Fun to ensure you get a bit of discount from the Ticket agent. You will more than save the cost of joining MotorhomeFun with the discount Terry will arrange.

Those crossing on 24th will be meeting at the car park by the Ticket Agents office on the 23rd. This is located at :-

Calle Fragata, 32, 11379 Los Barrios, Cádiz, Spain

It says Cadiz but its in Algeiceras behind the Carrefour Supermarket.

Hebben een geweldige tijd en welkom om Fun

Ken & Lynda

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 12, 2011
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
Burstner ixeo t 590
Exp
4yrs
IMG_1032.JPG IMG_1011.JPG First musical beer o'clock

OP
OP
TerryL

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
@Dasja you're very welcome to join our little band. I've included you in a Conversation which you'll probably already have been advised about by the forum. All the details are there but if you don't see them let me know and I'll do a new one, just for you ('cos I'm generous like that!)

Running Wild

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 13, 2016
Wareham Dorset
Funster No
MH
Hymer DL678
Exp
Since 2013
Now enjoying the sunshine in Sidi Ifni at the SI campsite. The one with a twin tub and a dobi wallah all for 5 Dhm. Not met another Funster yet out of the 1/2doz. MH,s from the Uk. Heading to Tafroute soon. Where do most folk stay?
ATB. Floss &Ali

Apr 12, 2011
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
Burstner ixeo t 590
Exp
4yrs
Now enjoying the sunshine in Sidi Ifni at the SI campsite. The one with a twin tub and a dobi wallah all for 5 Dhm. Not met another Funster yet out of the 1/2doz. MH,s from the Uk. Heading to Tafroute soon. Where do most folk stay?
ATB. Floss &Ali
We are a group of 6 heading towards sidi ifni

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Gents there's an interesting museum in Sidi Ifni on the way to the market. It covers the war with spain and has some interesting artefacts worth seeing. Beware of the lonely Ostrich LOL. Also, a great indoor fish-market, not far from the Marketplace.

Bob and Ibby

Free Member
Sep 29, 2016
Torre Del Mar Andelucia
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Esprit I7870
Exp
Since 2014
Does anyone know if an printed email copy of my Green Card will be acceptable to Moroccan Migration...the origanal was posted but has not arrived yet

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
ATB. Floss &Ali

I dare say you will find the days but especially the evenings a good deal colder up at Tafroute (5000 ft above sea level) than down on the coast. End of February is when the almond trees start to blossom and thats usually when the weather starts to warm up a bit. Most Funsters stay on scrub land behind the towns new technical college, or they did the last three years.

Temperature currently 10 deg:eek:

Last edited:

SUGGY

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 23, 2011
scunthorpe
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Planning to go over to Morocco mid February. Does anyone know where we can get water and dump grey before we leave Algeciras. We know where to get lpg at Los Barios fuel station, but the aire on the way to it seemed closed last year.

Depends on where you are coming from.....
We serviced up at the caceras campsite .
our last stop before algeciras. .

OP
OP
TerryL

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp

There's a new aire at La Linea, just before the border crossing to Gibraltar, you might be able to dump there. We're currently heading for the ACSI site just outside Estepona and will service there before Algeciras. That'll do us until we get to Asilah, first stop in Morocco, where we will dump at the guardian parking.

OP
OP
TerryL

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Does anyone know if an printed email copy of my Green Card will be acceptable to Moroccan Migration...the origanal was posted but has not arrived yet

Can it be printed on pale green paper?:sneaky: In fairness I don't recall being asked for it at the entry point, but if you are asked "in-country" for any reason it may be a problem or it may be accepted, sorry don't really know. You can buy third-party insurance just after (!) the Immigration point if it's a problem for you. tgee gave some figures earlier on.

OP
OP
TerryL

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
I dare say you will find the days but especially the evenings a good deal colder up at Tafroute (5000 ft above sea level) than down on the coast. End of February is when the almond trees start to blossom and thats usually when the weather starts to warm up a bit. Most Funsters stay on scrub land behind the towns new technical college, or they did the last three years.

@canopus thanks for your input Ken, you're obviously watching the thread with, I suspect, a touch of jealousy?

Or are you just bored after your first dental rebuild?

SUGGY

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 23, 2011
scunthorpe
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Music and Almond festival in Tafroute is 6 / 8 March .
Weather doesn't start to warm up until the end of February. ... ie gets above 0c at night.

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
I was under the knife for an hour last night Terry - I'm stitched swollen and sore today. Im not really jealous more envious I would say. :rofl:

Running Wild

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 13, 2016
Wareham Dorset
Funster No
MH
Hymer DL678
Exp
Since 2013
Thanks re Tafroute.
The aire in the marina at La Linea is right by the runway of Gib. And is great. This time of year it would probably take 100 vans. They were parked all over 3 weeks ago and a stroll into Gib for cheap Gin!:)

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
Thanks re Tafroute.
The aire in the marina at La Linea is right by the runway of Gib. And is great. This time of year it would probably take 100 vans. They were parked all over 3 weeks ago and a stroll into Gib for cheap Gin!:)

Bit noisy by the Airport. We've stayed in the car park of the football team at La Linea.
Real Balompédica Linense.
The seafront is just across the road and they have a reasonable restaurant at the ground. Its a reasonable stroll to the crossing point.

Bob and Ibby

Free Member
Sep 29, 2016
Torre Del Mar Andelucia
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Esprit I7870
Exp
Since 2014
Thanks Terry
I have printed on a green background so maybe okay
Yeh I though of buying a Green Card at the border if its refused
The main thing for me is that I have fully comp with Saga

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
We stayed on the football ground Aire last April. There is a waste dump (Cover on the ground near the grassed section). Not certain about drinking water but believe you can get it if you have bottles to carry it in. Fresh water across the road by the beach as well.

Franck

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 10, 2014
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
13 years

Just checked my diary for last year, 2016, and we arrived at Tafraoute on 14th January and left on 31st January. The weather was superb, hot and sunny. On the 15th I had written "too hot to sit outside for breakfast without shade".
I remember good weather in January 2008 and January 2012 as well.

We have stayed at the campsite Les Trois Palmiers which is good but last year we parked on the wild camping area past the campsite, you'll see all the vans parked there, spread out over a large area, just pick your spot. The guardian will be along for the payment in the late afternoon, 10 Dh.

Apr 23, 2014
Spain ??
Funster No
MH
Ice cream van
Exp
Since 2011
Heard on FB from someone there at the mo that a guy comes around to empty your cassette for 10mad comes back sparkling, apperntly trying to stop the dumping at the cess pit? Can't see the French buying into that, ?
We are back at Tarifa after wilding along the coast to Cadiz, our plan is to hole up here till later next week then enter on the 27/28th hopefully by then the cold snap will have gone and we'll have better weather.

May 7, 2011
Devon
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
Thanks for replies about water etc before crossing from Algeciras. Might see if the La Linea Marina will just allow a service visit.

Nov 6, 2011
Worthing
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sky Ti
Exp
2001 to date
Thanks for replies about water etc before crossing from Algeciras. Might see if the La Linea Marina will just allow a service visit.

We are on aire at the moment. 12 euros a night, all the services available, including loos and washer/drier. Not sure you would get away with a service visit, it is barrier controlled. Keith
:cool:

OP
OP
TerryL

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Heard on FB from someone there at the mo that a guy comes around to empty your cassette for 10mad comes back sparkling, apperntly trying to stop the dumping at the cess pit? Can't see the French buying into that, ?

There's always some enterprising Arab and I, for one, would encourage it. Always thought just emptying onto a bit of waste ground was really a bit too much and surprised we got away with it. Agree the French probably won't go for it though!

Something similar at Asilah last year - one of the guardians had built a proper waste disposal point, in a small hut he kept locked. For the princely sum of 5dh he would unlock it and provide half a bucket of water to rinse. Told me he would charge until he'd recovered the cost then it would be free. @abforfun is it still there?

May 12, 2016
Blackwood Caerphilly
Funster No
MH
N&B Arto
Exp
Since 1986
I ass
There's always some enterprising Arab and I, for one, would encourage it. Always thought just emptying onto a bit of waste ground was really a bit too much and surprised we got away with it. Agree the French probably won't go for it though!

Something similar at Asilah last year - one of the guardians had built a proper waste disposal point, in a small hut he kept locked. For the princely sum of 5dh he would unlock it and provide half a bucket of water to rinse. Told me he would charge until he'd recovered the cost then it would be free. @abforfun is it still there?

I assume that was grey waste not cassette.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back