Morocco 2017 (1 Viewer)

Apr 12, 2011
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
Burstner ixeo t 590
Exp
4yrs
Found a lovely little restaurant in Sidi Ifni last night, appetiser, chicken tagine and local entertainment all got 50 dirhams a head, great night

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Found a lovely little restaurant in Sidi Ifni last night, appetiser, chicken tagine and local entertainment all got 50 dirhams a head, great night
Did they serve alcohol, or allow you to take your own?

Aug 30, 2012
Home of the war horse
Funster No
MH
burstnar T640
Exp
That's great news.
Is that allowed in restaurants in general?
Some will some won't
if they do it tends to be allowed indoors and not on street side restaurants where it can be seen by passerby
Just watch for locals wanting to :rolleyes:"sample " :whistle:your booze they may sample you dry :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
We went in a pizza restaurant bar with Dabhand, close to the guardian parking in Essaouira, and Simon played a few numbers on his guitar. We were all rewarded with a few complimentary beers from da management. (y) We bought quite a few as well.:(

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Can anyone recommend where to park up in Taghazout?
Can't see anywhere on Campercontact - would appreciate somewhere with water.

Aslo in Taroudant, has anyone stayed at Hotel Palais Salam ?
One review on Campercontact suggests that there is now water and a chemical toilet dump.

Thanks in advance!

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
I beleive there is no longer any wild camping any more in Taghazout. You may be able to park up and go for a meal or provisions etc but the wild spot was fenced off two seasons back in readiness for development.

The nearest campsite is close to Tamraght (Banana Village).

http://www.atlanticaparc.com/camping-imourane-km-14/

Sorry cant help with Taroudant.

Last edited:
Feb 3, 2013
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
ENC Fifer Touring M
Exp
Since the 90's
......Aslo in Taroudant, has anyone stayed at Hotel Palais Salam ?
One review on Campercontact suggests that there is now water and a chemical toilet dump.

Thanks in advance!

We stayed at guardian parking on Ave Moulay Ismail opposite the city walls, 20dh pn, no facilities and that was in 2013 so things might have changed. There was also parking just around the corner in the car park as well, same price.

N30.47532 W8.87243

Pete

taroudant.jpg

Feb 3, 2013
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
ENC Fifer Touring M
Exp
Since the 90's
Ahh, just realised, the one mentioned on Campercontact is actually the car park I referred to just around the corner from where we stayed. Sorry for any confusion. :)

Pete

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Ahh, just realised, the one mentioned on Campercontact is actually the car park I referred to just around the corner from where we stayed. Sorry for any confusion. :)

Pete
Thanks Pete
Do you recall if there is water and dump facilities there?

SUGGY

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 23, 2011
scunthorpe
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Taroudant N 30* 28. 649 W 08* 52.146
Get water before you go there ...
Petrol station maybe .
Don't think you can park next to the walls now comments were the French were camped there for weeks so the police stopped all parking in the lay bye in the photo.
If you go to Taroudant take a horse n carriage ride it is the best way to see the city walks and the interior.
If you are doing the Tiz nTess pass leave at about 8 / 8:30 to avoid meeting the 56 seater coaches coming from Marakech. ...
Good parking about 10 miles after the Tiz n Tess high point .

makems

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2011
Ingleby Barwick,,Teesside
Funster No
MH
Sadly had to give up
Exp
2010-2017
QUOTE="Robert Clark, post: 2212613, member: 32375"]Thanks Pete
Do you recall if there is water and dump facilities there?[/QUOTE]
Coordinates for the car park N30.477520, W08.869451
If you speak to the guardians they will get water for you (a hose over the wall of an adjacent garden wall) and toilet dump is in the outside lav of a house across the road next to the Court buildings!
The car park is used by numerous visitors to the courts opposite but it all gets very quiet in the evening.
It can be lively when there is a football match on at the nearby stadium but no bother at all.

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
IMO, if you own a high value motorhome, one which is 8 mtrs in length or more, or if you are fastidious about its appearance then I would seek advice before attempting to cross many of the High Atlas passes.

One year we followed Suggy from Tafraout to Agadir on the R105 in our 8 mtr van, and for me its was a brown trouser ride for most of the summit level. Not only did we have to contend with the 56 seater coaches hurtling towards us, but there were numerous road repair crews pecking rock out of the mountainsides with huge Kubota machines in order to make passing places. We also had to contend with the rock spoil which was mostly scattered across the road surface and we had drive over the debris in a few places. Also don't forget to take account of your passenger who will probably be in the 'kamikaze' seat depending on which direction you're travelling in.

For those who fancy the Tizi-n-Test there are numerous videos on YouTube such as this:-

Apr 23, 2014
Spain ??
Funster No
MH
Ice cream van
Exp
Since 2011
Beautiful day here at Sidi Kouki, couple of other funsters here, Graham n Rosie "Suggy" and George Clayton
Not heard from TerryL and his group? Last heard in Moulay?

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Thanks for the feedback guys!

I've got my detailed Itinerary ready, have I missed off any important places?
Don't like big cities or crowds, more interested in scenery and seeing the 'real' Morocco.
Like authentic fishing villages more than sitting on the beach.

Here's what I've got so far

Moulay Bousselham
(need an overnight stop between these two)
Sidi kaouki
Aourir
Taroudant
Mirleft
Sidi Ifni
Tafraoute
Tata
Tissint
Zagora
Aït Benhaddou
Tinerhir
Errachidia
Meknes
Chefchaouen

We've only got 1 month in Morocco, so want to see the best places.
Any comments or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks
Robert

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
If you don't like big cities you might not like Meknes, but which, in my opinion, gives a true taste of "busy Morocco" at its finest, and if you want a truely authentic fishing village, you won't beat Tifnite (not Tifnit) about an hours drive past Aguirre which, although a tad strange was a great chill out place for several of us in 2015, not sure if you can stay on the "waste" ground that we did as I did hear reports of the Police moving people on, although there is a campsite nearby. I loved it there on the little cliff overlooking the beach, stayed a week.

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
Moulay Bousselham
(need an overnight stop between these two)
Sidi kaouki

Safi is a small town on the coast. Its a centre for Moroccan clay ware. If you need a Tagine, this is where they make a lot of them. There is a tidy campsite 'Camping Safi' on the hill above the town. Im sure its in the Vicarious book.

OP
OP
TerryL

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
We're still here! Few days at Moulay Bousselham then 3 nights at Camping Oasis at Dar Bouazza (Dh90 pn) where some went into Casablanca by taxi (Dh600 arranged by guardian) to see the Grand Mosque, also had a nice meal. Got the impression that although very nice it is very modern, Dh120 to visit the mosque was thought to be a bit steep but it is very touristy.

Today we've had a long drive to Essaouria, 207 miles, on the N1. There is a new motorway as far as Safi open now, Dh38. The two first timers have gone to the camp site along from the GP but apparently it is disgusting; we expect to see them back with us and Portland (Derek/June) on the GP shortly! There is a sea fret covering us at the moment, since mid-afternoon according to Dutch couple alongside us, which we could see from miles away - otherwise sunny and warm today. Stop a few days then continue south, probably past Agadir, not yet looked for anywhere - just taking it day by day. Maybe at Tafraoute next week.

The other two "newbie" couples, the Hungarian and Dutch "youngsters", were at Moulay B then heading for Mohamadia and Rabat.

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010

If you haven't time to drive down to Zagora and then on to Mhamid in the Sahara Desert, then an alternative desert scene can be experienced at Erg Chebbi. You can camp at many of the small hotels right on the edge of the dunes.

You can then head North from Erg Chebbi via the N13 to Midelt and on to Meknes via stunning scenery and possibly snow depending on the time of year.

Dec 18, 2010
Norfolk.
Funster No
MH
Autotrail cheyenne
Exp
2008-20??
We're sat here at Carlos's parking with 40 other vans not one GB plate to be seen.We will probably get the 12 noon ferry and just see how far we get before darkness.By the way anyone know where the nearest fuel station is on
the motorway headed south from Tangier Med?

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User

If you haven't time to drive down to Zagora and then on to Mhamid in the Sahara Desert, then an alternative desert scene can be experienced at Erg Chebbi. You can camp at many of the small hotels right on the edge of the dunes.

You can then head North from Erg Chebbi via the N13 to Midelt and on to Meknes via stunning scenery and possibly snow depending on the time of year.

Brilliant - just what we're looking for.
Thank you!

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
If anyone is driving along the the R102 and fancies a stop at a French owned Auberge with good food and drink then this place was a worthy one nighter.
http://www.borj-biramane.com/en/hotel-in-southern-morocco/
We also had a guided tour around the nearby village of Icht which was very interesting.

Another place worth stopping for photos along the N12 between Tata and Foum Zguid is Tissint. Turn left at the right hander as you enter the town and park behind the military radio mast/station. You will be greeted by Les Cascades de Tissint.

See attached video courtesy of our very own Marc (Horsham Jack).

Apr 23, 2014
Spain ??
Funster No
MH
Ice cream van
Exp
Since 2011
There is a sea fret covering us at the moment, since mid-afternoon according to Dutch couple alongside us, which we could see from miles away - otherwise sunny and warm today. Stop a few days then continue south, probably past Agadir, not yet looked for anywhere - just taking it day by day. Maybe at Tafraoute next week.

Hi Terry good to hear from you,
About 6pm tonight it got colder and damp very quick as a mist drcended on us here at Sidi Kouki, a rain shower predicted tomorrow ? Hope their wrong and it blows over tonight

Busman

Free Member
Jul 25, 2013
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Esterel
Exp
A few years
Brilliant - just what we're looking for.
Thank you!
Hi @Robert Clark if you do decide to go to erg chebbi and unless someone who has been on this road lately says different the best route is up the N9 then the R108 to Tazzarine not the N12 from Zagorra. Also if you are stuck for time the N9 to ouarzazate then the N10 to Errachida is a good road and you can stop off at the Dades and Todra gorges. Good wild camping next to the lake at ouarzazate think I've got the co ords if you want them

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back