Morocco 2015 (2 Viewers)

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
They started bringing in extra Camels this afternoon for tonight's big adventure! They were self propelled Camels!
I'd love to be a fly on the wall in that Berber tent tonight. At least I'm guaranteed a hot shower.
IMG_7045.JPG
IMG_7049.JPG

Apr 23, 2014
Spain ??
Funster No
MH
Ice cream van
Exp
Since 2011
The Horsham nomads are finally arriving at Tafroute tomorrow "sometime"(y)
after our treck back from Laayoune
We're at Camping Takat at the mo !! Scorchio last 2 days, hope there are still some funsters around..

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
We're at Camping Takat at the mo !! Scorchio last 2 days, hope there are still some funsters around..
Max is going to love the goats that wonder through the camping area and the cats in the town, he is going to have a great time!!!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010

Marc & Sam

If you get here by midday you are welcome to join us all at the Hotel Tafouine in town. We have a table booked for 12 people around midday for a meal to celebrate my birthday followed by beer o clock and a sing song back at the vans.

We are all camped just beyond Camping 3 Palmieres , on land which is just behind the new college.

TTFN

Ken & Lynda

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Hi, The photo's are amazing. Where were you, and when.
We are just out of Ouarzazate, about 20 miles. The photo's are so good we would love to go there!
All these photo's were taken in the last 9 days at the Erg Chebbi sand dunes at Merzouga. We are based at the Hotel Kenz Rimel and still here.
If you are coming this way, I would recommend coming via the N10 and then down the N13. (there was a bridge out on the N12 and the only way across was to ford the river. (It was ok and not a problem but do not know what current situation is).
There are hotels all along the base of the sand dunes and most if not all provide camping areas for motor-homes with electricity and access to hotel facilities.
I can give you more precise directions if your coming to this hotel, just let me know.

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Arrived at the lovely Mouley Bousselham today to glorious sunshine and a little Funster gathering with CheeryPirate and TerryL already here soaking up the sun.
Love those pictures! It truly looks a smashing place and we look forward to staying there! What are the daily rates and could you get a discount for 5 or more nights ?
I'm guess most of the Funsters will be gone by the time we arrive (about a weeks time which is a pity. Both Mena and I really enjoyed meeting up and being in the company of so many fine people.........and dogs! And talking of dog's guess who has bonded with the hotel dog 'Kenz' Yep! Yours truly. You should see him go after the locals when they leave the hotel on their mopeds (He must have been abused as a pup but intimidated by no one now). He can run like the wind and chases them out of the hotel grounds when they leave, great fun. He now sleeps outside our motorhome.

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Peace and quite again, all the students have now left! Spoke to some of them as they were getting on the coach this morning. They are from different universities in Spain and spending six days in Moroc before heading back to Spain. They looked absolutly knackered this morning after partying in the Berber tent last night. By all accounts they had a memorable time and IMO great to see you guy's enjoying themselves and getting out there in the desert and doing their thing..............away from me LOL.
Decided to stay here a bit longer, Clearly, I'm a man who know's his own mind.
Safe Travels.

WanderingWolves

Free Member
Mar 8, 2014
Penkridge. Staffs
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2011
All these photo's were taken in the last 9 days at the Erg Chebbi sand dunes at Merzouga. We are based at the Hotel Kenz Rimel and still here.
If you are coming this way, I would recommend coming via the N10 and then down the N13. (there was a bridge out on the N12 and the only way across was to ford the river. (It was ok and not a problem but do not know what current situation is).
There are hotels all along the base of the sand dunes and most if not all provide camping areas for motor-homes with electricity and access to hotel facilities.
I can give you more precise directions if your coming to this hotel, just let me know.

WanderingWolves

Free Member
Mar 8, 2014
Penkridge. Staffs
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2011
Thanks very much for your reply.
We will look into going there soon. We are at Skoura at the moment, and had a wonderful tour of the
Amridil Kasbah, with the guide who runs the hotel attached to it. We went there for a meal last night, and it was amazing.
Onwards and upwards!!!

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Two mornings ago I set out to climb to the top of the tallest sand dune. After 70 minutes I finally manged to get to the top. Hard work, especially going uphill in soft sand but the views were stunning.
This is one of the pictures taken from the top. You can see the hotel we are camped at and even our motorhome tucked into the palm trees in the prime slot. Today a whole bunch of Dutch and French arrived, so plenty here now. Tonight we're going to try the restaurant next door.
IMG_7022.JPG

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
@Phillippft The man said 80dirhams when we arrived.

Desert Detours a la Francoise turned up this afternoon with 11 units including a big RV pulling a huge car trailer. Mr le Chef de Tour made a bloody nuisance of himself trying to push vans in here there and everywhere - the RV has had to park on one of the roadways, near the café and dump point. Then he proceeded to rewire the circuit breaker, bypassing it, so that it wouldn't keep tripping! Think I might unplug overnight......!

Still, we're moving on up to Tangiers Med tomorrow to cross back to Spain. Thanks to everyone who once again has helped to make this venture a success - we'll keep watching the thread while we continue our break in Spain and Portugal. See you all somewhere!

Dec 18, 2010
Norfolk.
Funster No
MH
Autotrail cheyenne
Exp
2008-20??
Happy birthday Ken it was really great to meet you hope you have (had) a lovely day and meal/singalong.

Apr 12, 2011
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
Burstner ixeo t 590
Exp
4yrs
Marc & Sam

If you get here by midday you are welcome to join us all at the Hotel Tafouine in town. We have a table booked for 12 people around midday for a meal to celebrate my birthday followed by beer o clock and a sing song back at the vans.

We are all camped just beyond Camping 3 Palmieres , on land which is just behind the new college.

TTFN

Ken & Lynda
Happy birthday, enjoy
Ann & Brian xx

Sep 4, 2013
North Hants
Funster No
MH
Chatsworth CV40
Exp
Motorhome since 1997 Camping since 1990
We are returning with Terry & Brenda tomorrow and then turning East on our way home.

Thanks everyone for you company ... We had a great time. Hope to see many of you at one of the shows I.e Peterborough or Malvern. Safe journey all and for those that are continuing their holiday carry on enjoying the sunshine.

Colin & Tina

PS Phillip - Bournemouth back at the top of the championship tonight. Maybe change tomorrow.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back