Morocco 2015

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by TUCANO, Oct 11, 2014.

1. TUCANO

TUCANO Funster

Yawn yawn I know but has anyone got an update, or anything o_O about going thataway PLEASE.
    Tried to find new stuff but failed, thank you all but tomorrow will do at this time.
    G,NIGHT.

2. tonka

tonka Funster Life Member

Very open ended from our position.. No decision made as yet but it is still only October and we always have Xmas at home and then ship out 1st week of January. Currently thinking that as my Insurance is due 12th January, will have a green card issued before we leave UK and then decide from there..
    There will no doubt be Funsters around, several have said they are going..

3. Peter & Elaine

Peter & Elaine Funster

We are not going this year :cry::cry:
    But I think you will find the front runners for this year will be dazzlin
    Who are on their way now down though france heading over into moroc for Christmas (y)

• Like Like x 1
  4. scotjimland

scotjimland Funster Life Member

5. BreweryDave

BreweryDave Funster Life Member

Ebola and militant Islamists not that far away. I think Africa is out of bounds for me for the next few years at least. These things spread!!!

• Like Like x 4
  6. Theonlysue

Theonlysue Funster Life Member

As Dave said, the Ebola and militants have put paid to 2015. I think that this Ebola will appear in the UK and Spain this year :-(

• Like Like x 1
  7. BreweryDave

BreweryDave Funster Life Member

I actually think it will spread wider than that - but it won't be as widespread as in Africa - and I wouldn't put myself deliberately in harms way in a third world country where it is rife.
    Won't stop me heading to benidorm though!!!

• Like Like x 3
  8. Robert Clark

Robert Clark Funster Life Member

Sadly Ebola is already in Spain

• Like Like x 1
  9. TerryL

TerryL Funster

Well unless the powers that be tell us it's unwise, we're definitely going and we're prepared to accompany a SMALL group along the lines of 2014 i.e. meet up somewhere close to/at Algeciras and cross on the ferry together, get "acclimatised" then you do your own thing. Like Tonka, haven't decided on a date yet (got Xmas to sort first) but it's probably going to be mid-January. So if you're interested post on here and I'll start a list - but please note this is NOT a rally, I'm not going to be "the organiser" just do a bit of co-ordination. Would be helpful if the group contained a few who've done it before (Steve? Interested?)

If you haven't done so make sure you read the Morocco 2014 thread to ensure you know what you need to sort out yourselves.

I'm probably going to regret this.........

• Like Like x 1
  10. TUCANO

TUCANO Funster

Peoples,
    Many thanks for the replies, much appreciated.

TerryL,

Probably going to regret it myself also but what the hell, not computa litrit really but will happily do some co-co-ordinating with you.

Take care,
    Norman.

11. abforfun

abforfun Funster

We're definitely interested

12. PhilandMena

PhilandMena Funster

Please add me to your list. Your proposal is exactly what we are looking for.

Also, I note that the Morocco thread of 2014 was exceptionally long and I thought it would be helpful for members if the 2015 thread was split.
    i.e. Morocco 2015 Campsites and Ferry Information: Morocco 2015 General Information: Morocco 2015 Arrangements for travelling groups/parties etc.:
    Just a thought as it would direct interested members to the right group and cut down on the overall length of each thread. Would need Jim to set up I guess.

• Like Like x 1
  13. TUCANO

TUCANO Funster

Thanks for that gents, can I start my ball rolling, I have driven through France a number of times and I got as far as Gibraltar when my wife was alive but I have not traveled out of season before.
    Personally I would be happy to meet and travel in company from the UK, but that is just me, open to ideas though.

Norman.

14. makems

makems Funster Life Member

We will be returning to Morocco in January unless Ebola or ISIL make it unsafe.
    Unable to commit to a specific date though as we are planning to take our time meandering down to Algeciras.
    We will be keeping in touch via this thread though and will help out with advice if we can.
    Re splitting thread, my advice would be to keep it all in one place. For those actually travelling in Morocco you know you only have one place to look to find out what's happening/get help/provide advice.
    It's only looking at it in hindsight that it appears daunting. I think It's worked the last two years, it ain't broke, so why fix it?

• Like Like x 6
  15. TerryL

TerryL Funster

Okay folks, I'll get the ball rolling. Fully agree with makems, keep it all in one place - when we get home (at Gravelines tonight on our way back from Germany) I'll have a look at the 2014 thread and identify the most relevant bits. So from now on we'll use this thread to communicate etc.

As regards numbers, a group any bigger than 20 would be a bit much, particularly finding stopovers that can take that many all in one go, so for the moment that's the limit I'm working to. However if someone wants to go on a different date and is willing to co-ordinate I don't see any problem with a second or even a third group. I know that many people we've talked to about 2014 could be interested.

TucanoTwo - thanks Norman will keep you in mind but I'm hoping that there won't be too much messing about although "on the day" it would be nice to have an extra pair of hands/feet.

Terry

• Like Like x 2
  16. champers

champers Funster Life Member

We are waiting to see what the situation is regarding Ebola and Isis , we are already nr Almunecar Spain, the plan was to cross over some time beginning of January all being well so will watch this thread

• Like Like x 2
  17. canopus

canopus Funster Life Member

• Like Like x 2
  18. Busman

Busman Funster

Same here, leaving UK middle to end of November for Spain then plan is to head to Morroco early January so count me in, obviously give it a check nearer the time but will be around that area ready to go.
    Thanks
    Dave

19. horshamjack

horshamjack Funster

Ditto leaving mid November tunnel across, meandering down thru France into Spain and Portugal.. December down south:D plan to cross into Morocco early Jan
    Dependant on date ? will keep an eye on this thread with a view to meeting up with funsters and agree with makems that its best to keep it all under one thread
    :cool:

20. Timetraveller

Timetraveller Funster

We'll be around Algeciras early January and would like to visit Morocco for the first time, but, like many others we're waiting to see how things are over there, so it will likely be a last minute decision for us. (Had the jabs & bought the T shirt). Will also keep an eye on this thread. If a list gets started, please include us.

• Like Like x 2