Morocco 2015 (2 Viewers)

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Yesterday we had a look at tours offered by the hotel and did not fancy any of them, 50 € per person to be taken into the desert and spend the night ? We, like others just walked in and back after the sun set which was fine. Went next door to Kazbah Timbuckto for lunch this afternoon and sat by the pool having hotel served beer and omelette. Overheard English speaking women who said' spent the night in a Berber tent and when we got there, their was a blanket on the ground in the tent and they gave us one more and we froze all night, never again, not a nice experience! Be warned !

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Wonderful sunset tonight!
IMG_6981.JPG
IMG_6971.JPG
IMG_6969.JPG
IMG_6968.JPG
IMG_6966.JPG

Apr 23, 2014
Spain ??
Funster No
MH
Ice cream van
Exp
Since 2011
Hi,
How much did Mustapha charge for the work - it looks like a good job.And where did you stay while it was being done ?
We had a variety of things done total price about 280 quid.
We stayed in the van in his yard!not the most salubrious of pitches but had hook up and not too far from Agadir souk

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Well we and Colin/Tina are gradually working our way north. After Safi we had a night at the guardian parking at Oualidia - 25Dh - lovely quiet spot close to the lagoon. Town a stroll up the hill. Then looked at El Jadida, brand new Marjane signposted from all directions. Looked around Camping International, didn't like the look of it so pushed on to Oasis at Dar Bouazza. Cleaned up since last year and now a nice spot to overnight, reliable leccy 95Dh.

We're now at Chenaie at Kenitra - thanks for rec Graham. It's 28 deg in shade, stopping for couple days getting washing up to date then we'll go sniff out the souk. From here we're planning Moulay Bousselhem before a dash to the ferry at the weekend.

Keep the photies coming Phil, they're superb.

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Keep the photies coming Phil, they're superb.
Thanks Terry, I appreciate those kind words. Trouble is there's only so much you can photograph in the desert, sand every where. Yesterday, Mena and I were lazing in our chairs just taking in the vista and out of the blue she said 'you must do something with that back garden Philip'
Went into town to get fresh supplies today, changed an empty 13 KG bottle and a small one for 74 MAD (brilliant!) bought a headscarf thing for me which is now round Menas neck as apparently her favourite colour ! (new to me !) Looks too loose to me Ha! Ha!
Well, tonight there have been a lot more venturing into the Dunes at 50€ a pop to sleep (Ha! fat chance) in a Berber tent. If only they knew.
IMG_7005.JPG
IMG_7002.JPG
IMG_6996.JPG

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Went up top of the motorhome this morning to clean solar panel and top windows. I thought I would share my idea with you, that saves my knees, helps spread the load and costs nothing. (That is, assuming you still have a pair of Crocks lying around.
I know I have short fat legs by the way. (I can even wipe my own footprints out as I walk in the snow!)
IMG_7010.JPG

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Costa Warrior

Free Member
Apr 15, 2012
Estepona, Spain
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Since 2012
Went up top of the motorhome this morning to clean solar panel and top windows. I thought I would share my idea with you, that saves my knees, helps spread the load and costs nothing. (That is, assuming you still have a pair of Crocks lying around.
I know I have short fat legs by the way. (I can even wipe my own footprints out as I walk in the snow!)
View attachment 55832

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Hi, looks a great spot. Any chance of a few pix of the camp site. Would you recommend it?
Is this directed at me ? if so, then no chance !
It is not a campsite! It's a hotel ! There are many dotted along the dunes and most provide some sort of parking area, suitable for motorhomes.
I would recommend next door Camping Timbucto. However, no views of the dunes due to development work but the hotel and it's facilities are first class, including alcohol. You can sit by the pool all day long just relaxing. There is also a spa and other refinements you would expect in a good hotel.
We chose the hotel next door as it's parking area for motorhomes provides a clear view of the Dunes and we can walk the 100 yds next door if we want to use their facilities.
There is not a great deal to do here but if you just want to relax in a very quiet and peacefull place then this is ideal. Camel walks and 4 x 4 trips offered by the Hotel and all the supplies you need in Merzouger, 2 K down the road.

Busman

Free Member
Jul 25, 2013
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Esterel
Exp
A few years
View from the Surf board
Ahhhhh
Not trying anymore pics and vid on the Funster Facebook

Last edited:

Busman

Free Member
Jul 25, 2013
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Esterel
Exp
A few years
View from the Surf board
As above

Last edited:
Sep 4, 2013
North Hants
Funster No
MH
Chatsworth CV40
Exp
Motorhome since 1997 Camping since 1990
So who's going to be brave and own up ....

Last year we were stopped for speeding and again for going through traffic lights. Nothing this year yet.....

Any one been stopped this year?

Colin

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
So who's going to be brave and own up ....

Last year we were stopped for speeding and again for going through traffic lights. Nothing this year yet.....

Any one been stopped this year?

Colin
Now that's what I call ASKING for it. You're in the lead from now!

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
We are both fine Dave. Thinking about leaving here tomorrow and taking a slow drive in the direction of Meknez. Will leave Wazzazat for next time. Not a lot between here and Meknes, Some minkeys on the way and a Roman Town worth visiting just North of Meknes but we will take it nice and slow. Plan to stay for up to a week at the lagoon at MB and then jumping ship around the 25th. Certainly relaxing here. A coach load of young international travellers arrived here during the night. The young women got a bit of a shock when yours truly wondered into his shower block this morning. Ladies and Gents not signed and so it's a bit of mixed affair. Be interesting tonight when I go to my shower block, there will be a fight for the hot water but as I gave the hot water man my chair 2 days ago (yes that one!) I should be ok, might even get my back washed by a young traveller, not!
Might stay a bit longer if they all dissapear tomorrow, this is the 3rd time I've said to Mena we will go tomorrow then we soak up the ray's instead. The fact that the hotel next door sells bottles of cold lager for 20 MAD has nothing to do with it. Getting hotter each day now, the wind when it comes in each afternoon is hotter each day but were in amonst the palm trees and there is a swimming pool that we could use but choose not to as it's bloody freezing.

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Arrived at the lovely Mouley Bousselham today to glorious sunshine and a little Funster gathering with CheeryPirate and TerryL already here soaking up the sun.

The boats are off the roof already and we are just off to get the harbour masters permission to put them in the lagoon, if I can tear Colin away from helping the site owner repaire the hook up posts!! :groan::doh:

image.jpg
image.jpg

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back