Morocco 2015 (2 Viewers)

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
all i know is some of the countries in africa wont let you in if you havent had yellow fever jabs .
we were a bit cautious as we had planned to spend 5 years about . just travelling the coast of africa . give or take a thousand miles or so in places . we were traveling in a vw van so facilities at times would have been minimal. if it had been a 6 month dash to south africa i might not have had so many . never heard of ebola then .
That has raised an interesting point ! My surgery no longer issues inoculation/medical cards and all Inoculation data are kept on a database.

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
at the time we went to a yellow fever vaccination clinic .
the yellow fever is a certificate issued or was , by dhss form port 37.
the other jabs were listed on a computer print out .
dare say you would know that anyway.
took about 6 months to go through them all.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
i,m sure if you emailed juan carlos they can let you know ticket.gutierrez@telefonica.net
great family business and good prices .or ring 0034 606288880 they do speak english.

Attachments

• img107.jpg
    img107.jpg
    145.4 KB · Views: 19

voyagerstan

Free Member
Aug 7, 2011
torquay sometimes
Funster No
MH
library bus (ford voyager
Exp
since1976
yellow fever cert needed in a lot of countries , mid and far east . :oops::oops:STAN

Eamless

Free Member
Nov 29, 2013
London
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Currently in Gijon and heading south. Will be around Algercias Mid Jan for trip to Maroc. So please include us. Cheers

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
In February, via Carlos, it was around 200€ open return, payment in cash only, i.e. no cheques or bank cards.
thats strange i normally pay with a card and get some dirhams off him to start us off.
might have changed his game though.

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Right, let’s start putting some tentative detail in, (none of it yet cast in stone)!

I’m aiming to arrive at Algeciras around lunchtime on Tuesday 13 January to arrange purchase of ferry tickets, staying overnight in a supermarket car park to stock up then crossing from Algeciras to Tangier Med on Wednesday 14 January. For those who want to, we’ll stick together once across and head for Sidi Ifni (less than an hour) for an overnight at one of the guardian sites. Whilst there we can sort out internet etc. after which everybody can then do their own thing, be it stay in a small group or go off on your own.

Here’s the list of people who have so far expressed an interest in being part of this group:
1 TerryL
2 TucanoTwo
3 Abforfun
4 Philippft
5 Champers
6 Canopus
7 Busman
8 Timetraveller
9 Eamless

Anybody else who would like to be added, please post a reply here. I know there are a few who are still contemplating and of course there will be others already in Morocco we can perhaps join up with.

I tried to put a guideline to taking a motorhome to Morocco, based on our experiences, onto the resources section. However it doesn’t seem to have made it so if anybody would like a copy let me know.

The 2014 crowd met up beforehand at Bella Vista and I’m thinking that perhaps it might be a good idea this time too so I’ll maybe make a few enquiries

As noted by various people already, we’ll be watching the situation as regards IS and Ebola, but we’re not going to let it put us off unless the Foreign Office advises otherwise; both threats are currently a long distance and several countries away. Up-to-date advice is available at www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/morocco. Remember the trip is cancellable right up until the Tuesday lunchtime.

Terry

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
Put my name down. Went in 2012, and would be great to go back.
Will be keeping an eye on Ebola and political situation. Any sniff of a problem and I won't go. It's really not worth the risk.

Sep 4, 2013
North Hants
Funster No
MH
Chatsworth CV40
Exp
Motorhome since 1997 Camping since 1990
Terry

We may well meet you at Algeciras and cross with you and our first stop will be Asilah going onto Taghazoute. Will not be going to Bella Vista this year though.

Colin & Tina

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Bugger! We depart the UK on the 10th, so will not arrive in time to join up with your group. I will however follow in your footsteps so to speak and keep up to speed with your updates/posts. Who knows, we may even catch up with you or part of your group as we will only be a few days behind. Therefore, we would be most grateful for regular and relevant updates.
Safe travels.

Last edited:

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
:eek:You know, you're dead right - why on earth did I write Sidi Ifni?:confused: It's at least 2 days away!

Of course I meant Asilah - thanks for putting me right. Now when we get to Tangers-Med I'd better let t.o.h. navigate....:whistle:

Last edited:

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
:eek:You know, you're dead right - why on earth did I write Sidi Ifni?:confused: It's at least 2 days away!

Of course I meant Asilah - thanks for putting me right. Now when we get to Tangers-Med I'd better let t.o.h. navigate....:whistle:
sidi ifni is weeks away. just follow the coast . slowly . stay off the m way at kinitra and hug the coast , at safi take the port road then turn left before the port and hug the sea . you will find lots places to stop . wild or campsites .
but have fun . we take two weeks or more usually three to get to agadir area .

Apr 23, 2014
Spain ??
Funster No
MH
Ice cream van
Exp
Since 2011
Will be going over on the 8th already sorted green card etc
Was beginning to think Rocky was goin to be Funless this year as not seen any recent posts :unsure:
Nevertheless will no doubt bump into you guys on your travels and look forward to meeting over there..
If you could forward me your notes Terry on taking a MoHo over there it would be very much appreciated, can never have too much info (y)
Read 2013 & 2014 Funster threads and got a boxful of good advise, ta to all the contributors
Was there with mates in 76 mainly Taghazoute for roughly 3 months !! everywhere was free them days ;)

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
Put Simon and Marg down for this please, would love to make this trip, I like that it's informal as we might have to postpone due to family commitments. Is this trip do-able in say 4-6 weeks and can you take a dog? Terry, can you also forward a copy of your notes to me. Thanks

Simon

Apr 23, 2014
Spain ??
Funster No
MH
Ice cream van
Exp
Since 2011
Hi Simon we are taking a dog also "Jack Russell" make sure he has a titra ?
Rabies blood test stamped in his passport and certificate if possible as needed when you return into Spain
We had reservations about taking Max into Morocco but havin read the 2014 thread quite a few funsters have done so and it has given us re-assurance (y)
I think its do-able 6 weeks IMO ? albeit you may be on the move but could get to see quite abit

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
my old dog hardly missed a year away in morocco. she was in morocco when the passport scheme came out . we had left in the dec of 99. we had return papers for us organized bt tony blair . he was very helpfull . i can give him full marks for that.

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
Do most people get the ferry to Santander or Calais and drive down?

Busman

Free Member
Jul 25, 2013
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Esterel
Exp
A few years
Oh no Simon Marg & Tillie!!! Haha look forward to seeing you hope you can make it.
Dave (y)

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Put Simon and Marg down for this please, would love to make this trip, I like that it's informal as we might have to postpone due to family commitments. Is this trip do-able in say 4-6 weeks and can you take a dog? Terry, can you also forward a copy of your notes to me. Thanks

Simon

Hi Simon, out of 4/6 weeks I would say to make it worth going you would get much more from the 6 weeks, don't forget you when you get into Morocco you will be travelling another approx 500 miles to get to Tagazout Beach, then if you want to go to Tafroute and most do further again.

Amazing totally different and well worth doing, any one who has not read the 2013 and 2014 threads I would take the time to do so.

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
best do the 90 days really . but even then it takes several more trips to even scratch the surface . but its all good fun .you do need to get well away from tanger to enjoy maroc .

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
Trying to get through all the old posts, looks like fun, lookout Ebola and Isis here I come

Dazzlin

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 31, 2012
La Marina, Costa Blanca.
Funster No
MH
1986 Hymer A Class
Exp
From 2013
As anounced by peter and elaine, we will be there from the middle of december. Mainly in Tagazoute and Tafroute this year.
I am sure we will see folks on the journey this/next year.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back