MHF App Now working well on iPhone and iPad (1 Viewer)

Oct 13, 2019
Funster No
MH
Carado 348
Exp
Hi, did it on my iPad Pro, worked well but it’s all old stuff? Searched for the Orkney rally for 2024, nothing there, searched messages as I had messaged a couple about it, no messages? So not sure what’s happening, for now will watch web version

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hi, did it on my iPad Pro, worked well but it’s all old stuff? Searched for the Orkney rally for 2024, nothing there, searched messages as I had messaged a couple about it, no messages? So not sure what’s happening, for now will watch web version

You must still have the old app installed. Its impossible for the app to show old stuff as it sits on the live site, changes are live, so if your content is liked or there is a new post on the website, it is instantly shown on the app too

denisejoe

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 6, 2014
Warden isle of sheppy
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2004
If I go on “if you don’t like Benidorm” thread post 20 and click the links I can’t get rid of the picture and have to close the window swipe up to close then reopen the app?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
If I go on “if you don’t like Benidorm” thread post 20 and click the links I can’t get rid of the picture and have to close the window swipe up to close then reopen the app?

What happens when on that picture if you just swipe your screen, one finger, left to right?

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Even in the regular browser, Ive never clicked a back button, just swipe/flick, left to right, to go back.

Oct 13, 2019
Funster No
MH
Carado 348
Exp
You must still have the old app installed. Its impossible for the app to show old stuff as it sits on the live site, changes are live, so if your content is liked or there is a new post on the website, it is instantly shown on the app too
I didn’t have it on my iPad before, but will uninstall and try again.

Reactions: Jim
May 5, 2014
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Beginners, got Doggy the van - March 2014
With the latest iOS updates, Apple have fixed some things that were stopping progressive web apps from working properly. Suffice to say you can now add MotorhomeFun to your phone or iPad as an app and you will receive notifications just like any other app on your phone. When you open the app, you won't be in a browser window, you will be in a dedicated MHF application.

The notifications are not important for those who spend a lot of time on the forum, but if you are just dipping in and out, then notifications that let you know when a post of yours has been liked, or if your thread has been answered, can prove to be very useful.

It's easy to install the app on your phone or iPad. The first thing you want to do is delete the old one if you have it installed. Do that by the long press and then getting rid of it just like you would any other application, then using safari go to MotorhomeFun and choose to share.

It looks like this, on an iPhone and iPad at the top or bottom of the page.

View attachment 824763

Then scroll down and choose Add to Home screen

View attachment 824764

The app will appear on your homepage. Click it and you'll be in the app. You'll need to login again, once you're logged in you'll be asked if you want to receive push notifications. Check that, and MotorhomeFun will work like any app on your phone. You'll also be able to adjust the notifications in your regular notifications settings.

Give it a go. I've been using a few days now and found it pretty good.
I am using iPhone & iPad blogged on Motirhomefun but can’t find the iOS Hare Button!

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I would like to know also. Is the android version still under development?

The Android version has been around for 3 years

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
It won’t swipe left or right only up and when I open it again it is still there unless I clear the app

Swipe from the very edge of your phone/ipad. on mine it’s set, left to right to go back, right to left to go forward.

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
well there is on mine. It doesn’t appear untill you stop scrolling.
There are photo attachments that I can open but no matter what I do I cannot close them.
There is no arrow in any direction it will not swipe in any direction.
Even exiting the app does not clear it.
The only way to exit is to switch off my phone. Then it clears.

Everything else acts as normal.

I have posted an example in this thread I would be interested if anyone else could open that photo without experiencing the same issue.

Jan 4, 2023
North Devon, UK
Funster No
MH
Autocruise carrera 4
Exp
Since 2011
The Android version has been around for 3 years

Thanks. Now installed. I was looking in the Google app store, where apps are usually downloaded from.

May 7, 2011
East Anglia
Funster No
MH
Kontiki 669
Exp
Since 2010
There are photo attachments that I can open but no matter what I do I cannot close them.
There is no arrow in any direction it will not swipe in any direction.
Even exiting the app does not clear it.
The only way to exit is to switch off my phone. Then it clears.

Everything else acts as normal.

I have posted an example in this thread I would be interested if anyone else could open that photo without experiencing the same issue.

Thats strange. Perhaps you could delete the app and reload it and start again.

Aug 10, 2012
cambridge
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
since2001
I’m getting a flashing top blue bar when I scroll the page up
The blue top bar flashes white text for a millisecond before going blue again as the text passes underneath it

denisejoe

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 6, 2014
Warden isle of sheppy
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2004
Nothing only the photo
IMG_0700.png

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
The arrow appears after a few seconds at the bottom left of screen, after you stop scrolling/touching the screen.
Is that after opening the photo attachment please
As I don’t get that on that attachment

May 7, 2011
East Anglia
Funster No
MH
Kontiki 669
Exp
Since 2010
Is that after opening the photo attachment please
As I don’t get that on that attachment

Yes it’s after you open an attachment or a page it appears at the bottom left hand side of the page. if you touch the screen in disappears then reappears ,if that makes sense. Just tap the arrow and it goes back to previous page.

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
Hopefully you can see the arrow in the attached photo,bottom left.
View attachment 826727
i get all that but not on a specific photo attachment after opening the photo. there is no way back for me without switching my phone off or deleting and reinstalling the app.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back