Lite bike lock in production- may be of interest (1 Viewer)

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Oh go on Minxy theirs a love!.......Head down, helmet on awaiting incoming:)

photos here..Sorry but IF its any good 1.1 Kg is lite @DBK . my same length Pragmasis chain and lock is over 4 kg:coffee: (i've lost 3 stone so don't mind:D)

Broken Link Removed

Reactions: DBK
R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Well seeing as you two appear to be well and truly blessed with "the gift of the gab" (in red so you see it!) why not write yourselves, after all I'm sure you'll be able to relay your 'views' much better than I could :rolleyes: .... plus I'm not your PA ... gave that up years ago! :D

hello@litelok.com

I'm not planning to email them again any time soon as they never replied to my previous email.

I'm frankly surprised that having boasted how it only took a little nudge from you to get an update for Funsters, that you shy away from doing the same again.

Why is that?

Are you afraid of what the answer might be? (More bullsh*t etc)

You were very vocal and quick to criticise me when I first raised concerns about this venture. However I believe that your unreserved support for Litelok may have been premature.

Last edited by a moderator:

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Oh! Come on @Minxy Girl you can see how shy and hopeless the boys on here are! they need your female intuition:)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Oh! Come on @Minxy Girl you can see how shy and hopeless the boys on here are! they need your female intuition:)
Do you really think I'm gonna fall for that Eddie??? Not a chance chucky ... got better things to do than work for 'men' again! :D

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Well said the very least they should do is respond personally to you! Have they offered a refund?
Haven't heard anything
To be honest Anthea I just want them to be more honest and also to give me what I paid for in January

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
It's a shame as the lock did seem a great bit of kit! They had spent a few bob on the video but obviously hadn't done their homework on production carefully. Unless it's all a fraudulent scam. I hope not I nearly got Rob to order some but he said wait until funsters reviewed them!an ever careful bloke from Yorkshire my Hubbie! Good luck!

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
Well said the very least they should do is respond personally to you! Have they offered a refund?
I agree with Robert but equally I have to say they have been honourable with me. After they advised April delivery I advised them that it had to be by the 8th as we are away for 3 months and I wanted a new lock. I did not get a reply so I emailed cancelling the order. Within 24 hours an email of apology and full refund on PayPal. So if you can wait I think they may well deliver.... eventually!

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
It's a new to market product. A month or so late is nothing unusual.

I'm not at all concerned yet. Their communication has been fine whenever I've emailed them and as I posed previously I'm happy that I was made fully aware when I ordered that the end of February delivery was an estimate and likely to change.

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
What gets me cross is that they continually give false dates on their website - this is deliberately misleading and hints at more serious problems

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Looking on Kickstarter, seems like Liteloks problems continue to dog them
Many of the investors haven't received their locks either and things are hotting up a bit

What hope for customers like us?

Comments made by investors
"Think my patience has just about run out on this project. Ridiculous slip and poor planning considering the investment. I'm sure I'll like the product if it ever arrives but this stinks of mis-management of a project that got too big for its boots."

"Has anyone in the US received their lock yet?"

"What is happening? When can I expect mine? Beyond a joke now."

"I ordered two and am also waiting and Neil is, as always, unresponsive via email"

"Lack of communication, did not meet deadlines, have yet to receive a final product"

"I have to say I agree with DT - one expects some overruns in Kickstarter projects, but the lack of any real updates or communication makes this experience particularly frustrating."

"2 weeks since the last update and still no sign of the lock or tracking information.
What is happening ?This product was originally planned for August 2015. Best part of 6 months late."

Mel

Free Member
Oct 6, 2012
De Haan Belgium
Funster No
MH
Caravan LMC
Exp
Since 2010 Caravan since 1995
This is an email I recieved today at 17:24 C.E.T.
I emailed them at lunchtime today.
Asking when they whould be avilable.

"Hi Mel

Thank you for your email.

Our lock is available to preorder through our website now. All preorders will be dispatched in April.

Thank you for your interest.

Kind regards Litelok®"

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Personally never get involved with products like this so many never get off the ground and small investors get conned out of their dosh.
Has the smell of a nice scam.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
I'm not sure it is a scam. The link I posted earlier showed reports from folk who had received their lock thingy.

My guess, and a wild one, is their original manufacturer has decided to drop out or the price from the supplier was too high, perhaps they found it too difficult to make and wanted to increase their original price. This scenario suggests they are now having to find a new supplier but are reluctant to go public with the reason. If they are taking the long view then they may reason a few pee'd off customers at the start will be forgotten in a year or so.

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
I'm not sure it is a scam. The link I posted earlier showed reports from folk who had received their lock thingy.

My guess, and a wild one, is their original manufacturer has decided to drop out or the price from the supplier was too high. They are now having to find a new supplier but are reluctant to go public with the reason. If they are taking the long view then they may reason a few peed of customers at the start will be forgotten in a year or so.
If your theory is right, they're stringing their investors along too.
Can't imagine they're going to be too happy if they don't get their Litelok's soon

Reactions: DBK
R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
It's a new to market product. A month or so late is nothing unusual.

Looking on Kitckstarter they've been suggesting delivery since August 2015 - a little more than a month or two's delay me thinks

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Looking on Kitckstarter they've been suggesting delivery since August 2015 - a little more than a month or two's delay me thinks

When I pre ordered the suggested delivery was late Feb. That puts them doubt 6 weeks ish late to date. For a new, crowd funded, product I still say no big deal.

If I had wanted any product for a specific date or project I wouldn't have chosen a new pre launch one.

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
When I pre ordered the suggested delivery was late Feb. That puts them doubt 6 weeks ish late to date. For a new, crowd funded, product I still say no big deal.

If I had wanted any product for a specific date or project I wouldn't have chosen a new pre launch one.
They're yet to deliver orders that were due for delivery in August 2015

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
They're yet to deliver orders that were due for delivery in August 2015
Indeed. Broken Link Removed

I'm a bit suspicious now of the person who said they had received one. They only have seven posts on this forum. Broken Link Removed

I'm not suggesting anything untoward, he says under legal advisement, but it sounds a one off. No one else is reporting they have been sent the lock.

If I remember tomorrow I'll log in to the CTC forum and have a bit more of a dig.

We shall see...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Anyway @Robert Clark far more important than mere bike locks what did you have for your tea tonight?

Your readers have been deprived of pictures recently :D(y)

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Anyway @Robert Clark far more important than mere bike locks what did you have for your tea tonight?

Your readers have been deprived of pictures recently :D(y)
Ahh food
Now you're talking

Our next culinary adventure starts on Friday !

We're heading off in search of some of finest food and wine in the world

Watch this space !

I was going to be taking my bike with me - but it's been nicked

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Ahh food
Now you're talking

Our next culinary adventure starts on Friday !

We're heading off in search of some of finest food and wine in the world

Watch this space !

I was quite happily setting for dry Monday and something at home tonight when the transport manager decided she fancied Thai.

The local Thai has a rather nice Malbec.

Monday result (y):D

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
On a serious note guys - if you paid for your Litelok by PayPal and need to make a claim for a refund you must do so within 180 days.
I'm planning to wait a little bit longer just to see if my lock ever arrives, then I will apply for a refund if necessary via PayPal.
If in the meantime @DBK discovers that the person who claims to have received their Litelok is a 'stooge' then I will cancel and ask for a refund now.

fleurette

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2012
worcester
Funster No
MH
A Class Frankia I640 SD
Exp
I'm right up there with you Robert, it's just the total lack of communication from them that really gets me, certainly no way to get satisfied customers is it

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
On a serious note guys - if you paid for your Litelok by PayPal and need to make a claim for a refund you must do so within 180 days.
I'm planning to wait a little bit longer just to see if my lock ever arrives, then I will apply for a refund if necessary via PayPal.
If in the meantime @DBK discovers that the person who claims to have received their Litelok is a 'stooge' then I will cancel and ask for a refund now.
And just hope it works as claimed :)

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
And just hope it works as claimed :)
Thankfully getting a refund is down to PayPal rather than Litelok, they're liable like it or not.
If the poop does hit the fan PayPal could have a massive liability

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back