Is there an Interactive map to plot where we have been - any suggestions (1 Viewer)

Aug 18, 2012
essex
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
im a newbie
Hi

I’ve done a search but can’t find the answer other than somebody suggesting an app.

We have racked up so many sites and places, that I’m forgetting where we have been to some degree.

I wondered if it is it possible to load a map (Google maps?), and mark all the places we have visited and perhaps a note/tag of the site we stayed at, what we thought of it, price etc, so we can just load the map easily and make reference to it?

Thanks
Polar steps is a good app . I know of someone that travelled Europe and sent friends link to watch thier progress with photos and written articles easily attached

POH

May 29, 2018
Funster No
MH
Pilote 740c
Exp
5 years
Hi ,I have tried to get Google timeline working on my phone and tablet but it just won't ,turned history on but nothing can someone point me in the right direction please .

Bob Clewley

Free Member
Jan 7, 2019
Funster No
MH
Hymer MLT560
Exp
since 2005
We track our route with pocket Earth app and the import into Google MyMaps to get maps like these.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 12, 2021
North East Scotland
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 194
Exp
2000 in some capacity
Honestly couldn't praise Polarsteps highly enough, it looks complicated at the start but is the perfect way to plot your trip with photos and words. We share it with the kids and people we meet on the road that are using it. It's free and they make money from selling the trip as an album once the trip is finished, but there is no hard sell, just an option at the end. I've included a snap shot of our last trip to Morocco

Screenshot 2023-03-22 at 2.11.04 pm.png
Screenshot 2023-03-22 at 2.11.04 pm.png

Last edited:
Jan 25, 2022
Funster No
MH
Elddis
Just downloaded the app but can't see this page so uninstalled it then re done it but page still not there
For Android it's under: Settings - Apps - Manage Apps - Polarsteps - App Permissions - Location.
Probably similar in IOS or you will get the gist.

Jul 12, 2021
North East Scotland
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 194
Exp
2000 in some capacity
Just downloaded the app but can't see this page so uninstalled it then re done it but page still not there
Once you have downloaded the app (I have iPhone) go to settings and scroll till you see Polarsteps, click on it then click on “location” to access that page.

jumartoo

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
I've just used Polarsteps for the first time on a short trip. So far I'm very happy with it.

(You do have to remember to start it though 😀)

kevenh

Free Member
Jun 1, 2019
Thatcham
Funster No
MH
Compass C-Class
Exp
I'm a Progressing Newbie
Not sure about Tom Tom/others but my Garmin satnav defaults to leaving a trace.
It can be fun to be reminded of the motorhome journeys when I’ve connected the satnav to the PC for a map updates, etc.

Jul 12, 2021
North East Scotland
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 194
Exp
2000 in some capacity
Can you export or save your Polarsteps trip when you have finished or do you have to access it on the app?
Don't think you can export the actual information about a given trip, you can just share the link with others that can then access your account. We have lots of trips saved on our account and would be gutted if it were lost but that just the way they choose to operate it. We have been using it for about 5 years without a glitch.

Jul 12, 2021
North East Scotland
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 194
Exp
2000 in some capacity
Can you export or save your Polarsteps trip when you have finished or do you have to access it on the app?
Sorry, obviously you can buy the album that they produce after the trip is finished (they even show you an exact copy of it). They are expensive and we have never purchased one but the option it there, then I suppose you would have it forever.

Jan 25, 2022
Funster No
MH
Elddis
I use Google Maps and simply plonk a star [saved places] on a destination
Google TimeLine is the backup & details
Would be good to have the ability to turn on/off lists of saved places in Google Maps to stop it getting cluttered.
I've suggested it a few times as feedback but nothing comes of it.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back