LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
Im really really please your sorted becuase, when asked recently "which funsters would I like most to meet" you were on top of my list, or would have been had I rememberd your name.

but you get my drift dont you, by the was what happended to your swift?:whistle:

Thank you, what a lovely thing to say. I struggle to remember my own name when most people meet me ;-)
I got rid of the swift, damp throughout the floor I'm afraid. However to be honest, it was my favorite van out of the 4 I have owned.

Dave K

Free Member
Mar 24, 2015
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740C
Exp
Since 2013
Glad to hear you're sorted Paul, you're obviously held in high regard on the forum and I've witnessed your karaoke at Chester :confused: :D2, it would've been a huge shame for you to have give it all up mate, all the best.
Dave

RAGGITY

Free Member
Mar 23, 2014
LIVERPOOL
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
3 years
Glad you chose Toxteth for your static.
From the Georgian grandeur of Falkner square where the average house price is £550k to the leafy walks in princess park, this diverse community has much to offer. If you like good food then check out all the restaurants.
I just hope you can find a Space! I wouldn't wild camp though as the boys & girls in blue tend to frown on this !(y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Ginge3685

Free Member
Jun 5, 2014
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
K
Thank goodness I have a 27 year old motorhome nice and simple, switch it on, switch it off ........ No electric trickery and after all these years it all still works!!! I've heard so many sad stories of newer motor homes with all kinds of problems , why can't it all be made simple again!

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
Well said @Ginge3685 . Mine is also 27 years old. Had mine from new. Still going strong. But well done to those funsters who can fix these new monsters.

Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
1996, then break 'til 2011
My 26 year old camper has a Carver (Truma) gas heater - it would not light

It was (originally) fitted with a battery operated 'spark generator' to light it.

As happens the batteries had corroded and destroyed the 'spark generator'.............

I replaced it with the 'old school' piezo ignition - no batteries - just a quartz crystal spark - result - the fire lights first time every time - no batteries required.............

Spark generator £50........ Piezo unit £5..............

Progress ?.................. sometimes it's just changing stuff to 'improve' things...........NO !!

Silkcut1105

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 3, 2011
Swansea
Funster No
MH
autotrail chieftain
Exp
Since 1991
His real name is the marathon man ,and on a sat night we call him J D