Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Andy.
That looks a great bit of kit and will be a bonus!
Also I :h: How immaculate and tidy your locker space is!!

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
Now the milencos have gone my toolboxes reside in their place
image.jpeg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
Question to owners
Does the novelty ever wear off?

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
Auto is fine as long as you check all four jacks hit the deck
I noticed on very poor ground like where I store it that my front right is a bit light of the floor so I follow up with a manual front
I can't imagine losing the smile factor

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
Yes

Question to new owner, do you prefer auto or manual setting
FYI Mick adjusted the angle of the brain on the under floor to reflect the fact that our van is nose down by default
So we get level in auto baring the final tweek in manual if the ground is very uneven

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
Question to owners
Does the novelty ever wear off?
NO. I have both full VB air and the jacks. If a quick stop or on reasonable flat pitch I just level on air. If on a very un-level pitch like here in Barcelona then I put out the jacks and even they may need pads to reduce the stroke. As an aside I think levelling is important to the fridge, so I always level if the fridge is on. I would say we use the jacks 50% of the stops we make. I bought the remote so i can use that to sight up the pad positions.

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
It's suggested leaving the jacks down when storing as it reduces stress on the tyres.
The only thing I'm concerned about is leaving the handbrake on for long periods, which may cause the pads to stick.
Maybe the trick is to extend the jacks, release the brake, then re apply the brake before turning on the ignition and raising the jacks

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
It's suggested leaving the jacks down when storing as it reduces stress on the tyres.
The only thing I'm concerned about is leaving the handbrake on for long periods, which may cause the pads to stick.
Maybe the trick is to extend the jacks, release the brake, then re apply the brake before turning on the ignition and raising the jacks
Jacks will lift if handbrake is off I think.

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Martin @funflair will give the SP
Thanks for the vote of confidence Michael(y) hope I can live up to it.

Should be OK on jacks in storage, but be carefull outside that the extended rams don't get rust on them as they will just be chromed steel.

I don't bother with ours but it never sits for long.

I did leave it 3 weeks with the wheels off a while back and all was fine.

Martin

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
Spec of new Rams is stainless steel I think it says in the manual

Yes mine is jacked in storage but only to the extent that it is level , the tyres are on the ground but no weight on them
image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited:
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
we have had a quite a few attempts to deploy our jacks where they fail, due to 'uneven ground', I don't fully understand that message and the ground is often not that far out of level when we have had issues

It was worrying / annoying early on but I have now found that we can deploy the jacks in manual option and overcome the 'problem', just odd that the auto option wouldn't allow what turns out to be OK o_O

we do love ours though, very easy levelling and totally stable when moving around or when windy, possibly more of an issue with the Mercedes Hymer wheels being quite a long way inset relative to body width

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
FYI Mick adjusted the angle of the brain on the under floor to reflect the fact that our van is nose down by default
So we get level in auto baring the final tweek in manual if the ground is very uneven

I think I need to relearn the operation of mine

If I use auto, but then want to 'tweak' the settings I thought the legs would retract fully when the 'hand' button is used effectively meaning you then start again

I will go and have a play later (y)

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
we have had a quite a few attempts to deploy our jacks where they fail, due to 'uneven ground', I don't fully understand that message and the ground is often not that far out of level when we have had issues

It was worrying / annoying early on but I have now found that we can deploy the jacks in manual option and overcome the 'problem', just odd that the auto option wouldn't allow what turns out to be OK o_O

we do love ours though, very easy levelling and totally stable when moving around or when windy, possibly more of an issue with the Mercedes Hymer wheels being quite a long way inset relative to body width
When you get that message David, switch to manual and get the van as level as you can - often virtually level

Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
On Robert, they will retract with it off.
Might be an idea to see how many clicks on it takes rather than full lock
Reading through the manual on the website I had the impression that you could release the handbrake once the ignition was off.

Some vehicles have swivel chairs that do not function when the hand brake is engaged. As soon as the levelling system is finished and the ignition switch is off, you are able to disengage the hand- brake. Before doing that, you must of course check if the car is in gear.

Are you saying Andy that this doesn't happen or haven't you tried it yet?

Richard.

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
I could have sworn that they retracted but I'll check again next time