How do LV do it (1 Viewer)

Dec 31, 2021
Funster No
MH
Adria matrix supreme
Been ringing around for quotes on insurance , adria sonic tag 10k miles pa full windscreen cover and 180 days in EU. Nfu quoted 731, comfort quoted 532 lv quoted 322 yes 322 such a variation , any reasons I shouldn't choose lv?

Sep 26, 2013
Market Rasen
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2003
We are with LV and paying £190 this year, no idea if they are okay when you make a claim though.

Jolak

Free Member
Nov 6, 2022
Funster No
MH
Elddis Majestic 175
We are with LV and paying £190 this year, no idea if they are okay when you make a claim though.
When I worked as an Enquiry Agent, I did a lot of work for Liverpool Victoria who were happy to pay for people like myself to investigate the "cash for crash" scammers and do their best to make sure the scumbags didn't get anything and if possible, get them prosecuted. A lot of other Insurers would just roll over and pay out. So, if ever you've been a victim of the induced accident scam, you'll appreciate an Insurance Company like this. Personally, I have had insurance with them, but never had to make a claim.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
If you have an A class van just check the limit amount on the windscreen.. I can lower my insurance but the cover has a £1500 limit. not really enough for one of those big screens from what I have read.

Oct 18, 2022
South West
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Since 1992
I’ve been with LV for years (vehicle & travel insurance) and, although never having had to claim, I’ve always found them to be very efficient and competitive. On Trustpilot they’ve got nearly 61,000 reviews with 95% rating them good or excellent.

May 2, 2014
Washington
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 584DL
Exp
17 years + 35 tugging
I always do comparisons but over the past few years we've become exclusively LV as they've consistently been cheapest. Even so I usually find that I undercut their renewal quote on comparison sites by LV. Yes they undercut themselves on comparison sites. We also found last year that you get a further discount by doing multicover for all vehicles. Haven't had a claim though.

Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011
I’ve been with LV for years (vehicle & travel insurance) and, although never having had to claim, I’ve always found them to be very efficient and competitive. On Trustpilot they’ve got nearly 61,000 reviews with 95% rating them good or excellent.
Do they offer European breakdown cover?

OP
OP
M
Dec 31, 2021
Funster No
MH
Adria matrix supreme
Breakdown I am not sure, I have breakdown with my warranty

Apr 17, 2016
Peterborough, Cambridgeshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic E Line
Exp
Since March 2004
No reason you should not go with them provided you are happy with the answers to your questions. We have car and motorhome with them currently £434 per annum for both!! Have made a claim for glass and no issues (only issue was getting the glass in France for a Le Voyager so went to the factory) I am about to renew our home insurance with them. With home insurance they give 60 days unoccupied but told us to call them when we went away last year with the dates we were going to be away and they will charge a small excess, then call them upon our return and they may give us a refund on the excess. If I remember correctly they charged us about £26 initially we were then away for about 70 days and they refunded about £20!!

Apr 12, 2013
Shrewsbury
Funster No
MH
Carthago 144
Exp
I am with LV and the only Downside I could find reading through their terms and conditions was glass windows only were covered, which would suggest that plastic windows aren't.
But I could be wrong but needs clarification.

Suenliam

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 14, 2013
Scotland
Funster No
MH
van conversion CV40
Exp
20+
Been with LV for years with the car and now multi vehicle with the pvc. Had a claim for the car in about 2014 - someone keyed right down one side which needed a polish out and complete respray. LV were quite straightforward with the claim and I have stuck with them since then.
Sue

Sep 24, 2013
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Carthago A class
Exp
Since 2014
Looking around now for our new Carthago when it arrives. Seems LV have a very broad brush when it comes to motorhomes, classifying them under a "motorcaravan" umbrella. Only vehicle make and engine size. Quoted me a basic price of £211. Breakdown (UK and EU) was another £110. I was told no limits on windscreen cover. I was very surprised that they didn't want to know the value of the MH and didn't ask for any alarm or tracker. Seems too good to be true! Not tried any other insurers yet as this thread was fresh in my mind!

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
With home insurance they give 60 days unoccupied but told us to call them when we went away last year with the dates we were going to be away and they will charge a small excess, then call them upon our return and they may give us a refund on the excess. If I remember correctly they charged us about £26 initially we were then away for about 70 days and they refunded about £20!!
You need to check the restrictions on cover imposed over 60 days, you can often pay to extend but then aren't covered for some things such as vandalism etc, this was the case with our home insurer so as it was too big a risk with the other cover reductions we stuck with 60 days.

I did a thread about it if you want to search for it.

Aug 2, 2022
Funster No
MH
Sun Living S70 SC
LV excellent company had to make a claim in Turkey last year prompt efficiency no issues Civil Service Motoring Club membership (Boundless) gives a further discount.
I’ve been with LV since Frizzells came under their ownership!
I had no idea they insured Motorhomes until I saw, whilst reading the blurb from one of the leisure market insurers that their policies were underwritten by LV.
A quick phone call to them and Motorhome covered on my multi policy.
Perhaps they are cheaper because by going direct, you are cutting out the middle man?

PeterCarole29

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 23, 2013
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Renault Master Fleetwood
Exp
20 years
Looking around now for our new Carthago when it arrives. Seems LV have a very broad brush when it comes to motorhomes, classifying them under a "motorcaravan" umbrella. Only vehicle make and engine size. Quoted me a basic price of £211. Breakdown (UK and EU) was another £110. I was told no limits on windscreen cover. I was very surprised that they didn't want to know the value of the MH and didn't ask for any alarm or tracker. Seems too good to be true! Not tried any other insurers yet as this thread was fresh in my mind!
I asked them this question ,they explained if a claim was made it is at the time of claim you have a conversation about its value.
This i thought happened regardless of what insurance company you are with. I went with them have Camper and 3 cars. Not at the value you have mind.

Sep 17, 2017
Birmingham, UK
Funster No
MH
A-Class
Exp
What's the contents cover like? I know that NFU are normally cheap because it's effectively a car policy. The cover for possessions in the vehicle is low.

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
I had a strange thing when I was getting a quote with LV.

Going through all the info about our Moho and the as asked do you carry gas.
Well yes it’s a Moho and used for cooking heating etc.

The woman doing the quote then said we can’t insure you because of the gas 😳

Bizarre or what 🤷‍♂️

Coolcats

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 24, 2019
Funster No
MH
HymerCar Ayres Rock
I think that LV look at the risk so when we were asked about claimed in the past 5 years and we stated the theft claim they did not want to know

Mr B

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 1, 2015
Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7065ff Design Edit
Exp
Since 2015.......
Just tried their website, and it won’t recognise my registration number???
Rang the help line, and basically was told to put everything in manually 😳

PeterCarole29

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 23, 2013
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Renault Master Fleetwood
Exp
20 years
I just rang them to add a tow bar to the camper and add the tow frame to the smart car.
No admin costs and a refund of £2.58 ??????

Jan 22, 2019
Bucks
Funster No
MH
Adria PVC
Exp
Rented a few times...now an owner.
LV are fine …have been with them for a few years now, but every now and again, they decide they don‘t want my business and quote accordingly. Had my car with them for a few years - no changes but this year the renewal is 30% higher, so renewed with Tesco for the same price as last year.

Insurance premiums seem to be a lot about whether they really want your type of customer/business as much as risk factors

OP
OP
M
Dec 31, 2021
Funster No
MH
Adria matrix supreme
Yes toad they dont seem to care about, 3pty cover only

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun