Having bad bad thoughts about the dark side , let me explain. ...... (7 Viewers)

Ivory55

Free Member
May 23, 2012
North West Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2012
I don't agree that with a motorhome you pull up, level, turn the gas on, kettle on.

I am not too fussy about level, just find a levellish spot, and I always travel with the gas on except on the tunnel, so only have to do one of the first three, and if its hot I prefer a beer.

You don't need an awning on a caravan, though for some reason most seem to. They are difficult to erect and collapse and restrict ventilation when its hot, can't see the attraction.
The buccaneer he was on about has self levelling legs similar to what techno fitted to his van.

Huwmari

Free Member
Jul 26, 2013
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 201
Exp
since Apr 2013
When we were looking we were really impressed with the space in modern caravans and loved the end bedrom and it was a third of the price of a motorhome. On paper a caravan made so much sense as I drive a 4x4 that could happily tow and with no mot, tax, insurance and cheaper servicing to pay it would have cost so much less.

I would not have used a caravan as much, because our Moho gets used for day trips and long journeys so we can stop over and split up the journey. Do I use the Moho three times more? Probably not. But I enjoy driving my Motorhome, when I have towed a caravan it was a chore and just a means to an end.

Our Moho is only 6.3 metres long so we can squeeze it in to most car parks without a height barrier and like to go off site in it knowing we have everything on hand. But we have compromises, we can't have a fixed bed and a spacious lounge so we have to make up a bed every night.

It is really down to your usage, and what works for you. I find it hard to understand why someone has a Moho so big you need to tow a car to get about but if it works for them then that is all that matters.

I hope whatever you choose works long term for you.
Yes you CAN have a fixed bed. We have a Benimar Mileo 201 and it has it all and under 6m. Like you, we can't understand why on earth anyone would have a moho and tow a car - defeats the object of having a motorhome and people would be better off having a car and caravan.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

ABZSteve

Free Member
Banned
Jan 8, 2014
Aberdeen
Funster No
MH
2018, Apache 634 150 Auto
Exp
Since 2015
Aberdonians are deemed tight, even by Scottish standards :Eeek::cheers:
All bollocks, I can drop a penny without it hitting me on the back of the head as It drops to the ground, no problem (y)........... oh shit, Ma heids is sore:D

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
... I was Ostrichized taken the *iss out of called names,

... has Judy stopped now?:rolleyes:

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
Yes and who wants to drive around in something that sounds like the Capital of PRNK. what is it a Pongingvan or something. How about one of those 5th wheel things, bigger and better than a caravan for handling and capacity just get a LOW one. AND one more thing look on youtube for the dangers of misloading a van.

ABZSteve

Free Member
Banned
Jan 8, 2014
Aberdeen
Funster No
MH
2018, Apache 634 150 Auto
Exp
Since 2015
To whoever I gave offended with my posts on this subject! you win. THE END.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back