Gaslow

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Jackomet, Nov 5, 2009.

1. Jackomet

Jackomet Read Only Funster

Filled my bottles in UK and France OK, no problems. Finally found a Repsol garage that sold LPG near Alicante. Guess what, none of my adapters inc. "Euro adapter" fitted, so no gas.:cry:
    Talked to Gaslow, "Well the UK bayonet should fit", no.
    Any ideas?
    JK

2. activecampers

activecampers Read Only Funster

Not gaslow fault :( Joys of LPG standards I am afraid

You should have the bayonette type (UK) and 2 different screw-on adapters - one has an external thread, the other is like, erm, a toilet bowl!

I have been to one station in Spain where "their" standards didn't fit. The guy came out with a box of 20-30 adapters and bodged some together to make it fit. So only suggestion is ask them to help?

HTH

3. pappajohn

pappajohn Funster Life Member

like anything else spanish.....they make it up as they go along.:Sad:

4. hogan

hogan Read Only Funster

The one at Elche has UK bayonett fittings.

5. ArenqueRojo

ArenqueRojo Read Only Funster

These 3 came with our Autogas cylinders and have always done the job - UK, France, Germany, Austria, Spain, Portugal & Italy
    Note as shown here screwed into their keeping block in the garage but all have the same base thread that you can't see here.
    Patrick

Attached Files:

6. activecampers

activecampers Read Only Funster

Yep - they are the main 3.
    But I have seen something different in Spain that was unique....!:Blush:

7. ArenqueRojo

Should have appended to piccy, the left is Italian Dish, the middle is the Dutch Bayonet and the right hand one is the Acme Thread
    Names help sometimes...
    Patrick

8. lebesset

lebesset Read Only Funster

what you have seen in spain which you say is unique is undoubtedly the new standard euroconnector ; saw the first one at barajas about 18 months ago ...yet to see a car with this fitting though , but I understand new conversions in spain are being fitted with it ; the sooner it comes everywhere , the better ! no more adaptors ; the idea at this stage seems to be to fit one pump at each station in spain with the new fitting , leaving one with the dutch system as used in the uk

am curious jackomet , where the repsol filling station you refer to near alicante is ? the one opposite the old gas factory on the elche road has always had the dutch system on both pumps although maybe they have now changed one to the euroconnector [ haven't been since march] ; and what are you calling the euroadaptor , what does it look like ?
    surely you are referring to either acme or italian cup !

but it seems that there are some new pumps around fitted at out of town normal fuel stations [ like around barcelona ]

pity I didn't think to take a photo of the new euroconnector when I saw it !
    haven't seen an adaptor yet :Smile:

9. Jackomet

Yep,
    That's the 3 I have, unfortunately none worked at the Repsol garage.
    Where is the LPG at Elche?
    JK

10. hogan

hogan Read Only Funster

LPG at Elche
    N 38 18 08 W 00 31 40
    Follow N332 South from Alicante,turn right onto N340 about a mile along this road on the right it is a bit hidden but stop when you see the large gasometers on the left.

11. lebesset

not elche , on the elche road out of alicante

if you go around the bypass going south , head for the airport and you go over the elche road just before you get to it ; turn towards alicante and you pass between the olg gas factory [ you can still seem the balls ] and the lpg filling station
    ps , good water pressure at the tap as you go in ; you can also change your repsol gas bottle there , he has a truck full

12. ArenqueRojo

Can't find the address for the Elche filling station at the moment but it is about 2Km West of the airport but note that it is an industrial unit so keeps factory hours!

Part of the problem is that Repsol have gone off on their own with a 60mm thread which is all theirs:Doh:
    My understanding is that the universal euroconnector is intended to be - wait for it - the Acme Thread:Eeek:
    but it isn't that common yet...

Quite a useful document here Index of /silkroute/equipment/wordlpgeurope.doc

Patrick

13. lebesset

et voila , thanks to google , the euroconnector !

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYvAD2naC_s"]YouTube - Euro connector - nowy pistolet do tankowania[/ame]

as you can see , a huge improvement , virtually no gas loss when you disconnect ...and an adaptor possible if you have one of the old systems

Last edited: Nov 5, 2009
  14. ArenqueRojo

This gets even stranger.
    The film clip shows a Staubli pump.
    Now go to Staubli website and... they are promoting the Cup (which they refer to as the French/Italian system):Eeek:
    No mention of any other type of connector for LPG.

I have no idea what is going on...:cry:
    Patrick

15. lebesset

the new euroconnector has been agreed after years of discussion , and has been installed for the last 18 months at least ; just haven't seen any adaptors for the old systems advertised , although they are clearly available as you can see

can't see any pump though , pistol yes ; the pump and hose will remain the same

trouble is , too many people are using the wrong nomenclature ! I have seen the italian cup described as the euroconnector , and the italians have been discussing conversion to the new euroconnector , something else again which is as seen in the film clip ; i have also seem the euroconnector called the spanish connector , probably because they are first of the mark [ with poland by the look of it ] in installing the new system

but it is clear that standardisation isn't the only object here ...it is reduction of pollution !

no wonder so many people seem confused:Laughing:

16. Jackomet

17. wanderer

wanderer Funster

Hi
    Filled my gaslow at Galp station in Barcelona last week but none of my adaptors fitted,. the guy behind the counter had a box of allsorts and soon sorted out the correct one and even came out to fill up for me.
    By the way the Repsol garage Barcelona listed in the dutch lpg guide for europe is now a galp station
    Wanderer

18. Jackomet

That's the pump/connected they now use at Elche, just been there. The guy did not offer any "box" of adaptors.
    Have sent the link to Jacquie at Gaslow for their comments
    JK

19. lebesset

jk

are you saying they have changed BOTH pumps at alicante to euroconnector ?
    isn't one still on the dutch system which most vehicles in spain still use ; are you saying you couldn't fill because you had no adaptor?
    and unless they have thrown them away there are several adaptors in on the windowsill in the office ! doubtless not for euroconnector though , as yet

and please stop saying elche , there is no pump at elche ! ; would you call london road Reading london? you will confuse people !

incidentally , an agreed design feature on the new system is that any gas loss had to be limited to less than 0.1 ml per fill

Last edited: Nov 6, 2009
  20. Jackomet

Lebesset
    "are you saying they have changed BOTH pumps at alicante to euroconnector ?
    isn't one still on the dutch system which most vehicles in spain still use ; are you saying you couldn't fill because you had no adaptor?
    and unless they have thrown them away there are several adaptors in on the windowsill in the office ! doubtless not for euroconnector though , as yet

and please stop saying elche , there is no pump at elche ! ; would you call london road Reading london? you will confuse people !

incidentally , an agreed design feature on the new system is that any gas loss had to be limited to less than 0.1 ml per fill "

I went there yesterday, yes toward Elche out of Alicante (38°18'6"N 0°31'41"W), and the guy came out to me and I showed him the 3 connectors (already shown earlier in this topic) and he made it plain that they would not fit on either pump.
    Now he could have been wrong/new to the job, whatever, he did not produce any adaptors from the "windowsill" either. When were you last there, recently?
    I'm going to try the one in Murcia next.
    JK