Rally Flower show and messing about on the river @Shrewsbury (1 Viewer)

lindyloot

LIFE MEMBER
May 28, 2008
Yeovil
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker
Exp
since 2007
Dates at work have been taken so am unable to have the time off. :(

louise65

Free Member
Aug 23, 2014
Funster No
MH
low line
Exp
Put us down on list please no electric needed look forward to flower show

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
Pencil us in please E H U if poss not quite sure of how many nights yet will know for certain when it's time to pay

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

louise65

Free Member
Aug 23, 2014
Funster No
MH
low line
Exp
Oops sorry not very good at this and hubby cant even turn it on

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Oops sorry not very good at this and hubby cant even turn it on
Hi @louise65

Dont worry, practice makes perfect they say, just one tip:D go to the top of this page and just under the title on the right hand side you will see "watch thread" click that so that it is on and then over time when anything is updated like activities added, time to pay or just general discussion on that thread you will get an alert in the "alerts" section (top right) then click on and it will take you straight to the updated info.

Apologies if you knew this already.

Martin(y)

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
Hi @louise65

Dont worry, practice makes perfect they say, just one tip:D go to the top of this page and just under the title on the right hand side you will see "watch thread" click that so that it is on and then over time when anything is updated like activities added, time to pay or just general discussion on that thread you will get an alert in the "alerts" section (top right) then click on and it will take you straight to the updated info.

Apologies if you knew this already.

Martin(y)

Thanks for that ff , learn something every day I didn't know :LOL:

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Hi Martin. Can you put us down for all six days. We are 99% sure we can make this. No EHU needed.
You are on at No25, I take it you will have your Kayaks(y) would you be up for an open canoe trip down the river if I can get it organised at the right price, there are various options at the moment but I am going to have tp put the costings to people and see what they think.

1 we can just hire canoes and all the kit for a couple of days and mess about from the site.

2 we could organise the canoes to be taken upstream and we would have to get a taxi/mini bus to take us to the start and then all paddle back.

3 the guy that does the canoe hire offers a guided paddle down to the quarry site (where the flower show is) for a view of the fireworks from the river, quite spectacular by all accounts, I know the cost of this is £40 per boat so that like £20 each but the rest of the options are still to be negotiated.

Martin

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Yes we will have the boats with us and will be up for river trip. Will be happy to go along with either plan. We would prefer to use our own boats and kit though.

Having said that I do have some experience in an open canoe so if there is someone that's wants to canoe but is not confident going it alone, I could brush off my J stroke and team up. Leaving Colin to take our dog in his Kayak.

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
3 the guy that does the canoe hire offers a guided paddle down to the quarry site (where the flower show is) for a view of the fireworks from the river, quite spectacular by all accounts, I know the cost of this is £40 per boat so that like £20 each but the rest of the options are still to be negotiated.
We would have to give this option a miss if the camping area is close to where the fireworks are, as we would have to stay in to hold the dogs paw!

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
We would have to give this option a miss if the camping area is close to where the fireworks are, as we would have to stay in to hold the dogs paw!
The fireworks are far enough away from the camping to not upset the dogs, but on the river underneath it all it could be a tad noisy.

Martin

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
The fireworks are far enough away from the camping to not upset the dogs, but on the river underneath it all it could be a tad noisy.

Martin
Glad you've clarified that Martin - that's the reason why I didn't sign up for the bonfire meet as much as I love fireworks.

Wildge

Free Member
Jul 24, 2013
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
Coach built.
Exp
since 2000
(n) Has anyone else had an email from a Peter Bush ???? headed Shrewsbury Flower show ? Not opened it but a good name if genuine .:)

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
(n) Has anyone else had an email from a Peter Bush ???? headed Shrewsbury Flower show ? Not opened it but a good name if genuine .:)
Not me but good name.

Martin

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
It appears to be genuine, and is connected with the CSMA Boundless Group Rallies, ie, ........................Shrewsbury Flower Show Rally. Chester & Wirral Group. Peter Bush- 01873 859830 peter.bush233@btinternet .com

Does that help?

Cheers,

Jock. :)

Wildge

Free Member
Jul 24, 2013
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
Coach built.
Exp
since 2000
Sorry Martin but going to have to remove ourselves from this one. Unforseen circumstances I'm afraid.
Jude

Feb 15, 2016
Essex
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since April 2016
Hi Martin

Can you add us to your list (looks good for our first meet). We will probably stay for the 6 days and we would like to use the canoe's including the trip down the river.
Should be ok without EHU (3 nights has not been a problem in the past).

Thanks
John & Sharon

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Hi John and Sharon @Jasz

Slipped you in at no 9 as there was a spare space, will confirm the canoeing activities at a later date when I have seen the guy and got a sensible price out of him.

Martin

Dave K

Free Member
Mar 24, 2015
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740C
Exp
Since 2013
Hi Martin/Jen
Do you have many spaces left, I might try and make this one, Kath likes a flower show and I've got an excuse as I'll have to watch the hounds.
Thanks
Dave

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Hi Martin/Jen
Do you have many spaces left, I might try and make this one, Kath likes a flower show and I've got an excuse as I'll have to watch the hounds.
Thanks
Dave
Hi Dave

OK for space so will put you on the list.

You are at no 26.

Martin

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back