"Firstly"............. Grateful Thanks to........ (1 Viewer)

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Best of luck with your new venture Mo

How should people book?

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Can one use more than £2 worth of EHU overnight Jim... it`s only 6amp..
Hi Mo

6 amp will supply almost 1.5kw .. (6 x240v = 1.44kw )

Don't know your kwh unit cost .. let's assume 12p .. (it may be more or less, please check you last bill )

24hrs x 12p x 1.44 = £4.14

So, depending on unit cost , yes some people will use more than £2.. a lot more..

Example.. 1kw fan heater on 24 hours cost = £2.88

CLs with EHU and depending on other facilities.. like showers and toilets.. will charge between £12 - £15 per night..

As far as I know, please check, it's illegal to charge a separate price for electricity, it must be included in the pitch price unless it is metered.. and the metered unit price cannot be more than you pay for it..

As regarding Non members.. unless you are fully booked with Funsters, which is unlikely, why turn away trade.... ? I certainly wouldn't.
After all the hard graft, the last thing you want is looking out at 5 empty pitches..

You have invested a lot of time and money.. it needs to at least pay that back and cover running costs..

I have a friend in Colchester we stayed with while full time.. they were charging £12 with a 16A EHU .. over one winter period the cost of the electric used was astronomical.. it nearly bankrupted them.. They have since installed pay meters and reduced the pitch cost ..

Some people have the attitude.. 'I've paid for an EHU, so I'll bloody well use it' we all know the type.. fan heater on all day in the awning.. etc..

good luck .. it's hard work, running a CL but enjoyable..

Last edited:

kcy

Free Member
Nov 7, 2013
east yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chausson flash
Exp
since 2012
I wish you all the best, it's good to see a site that is charging a reasonable price, I agree with people's comments about your outlay etc. But the reason britstops are so popular is that the cost of campsites is getting silly. And also the more facility's you have the more you must charge. Especially electricity.
But I must say it would be nice to pay under a fiver a night for just a field to park in for a few days

Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Well done, looks really good. We will have to visit one day.(y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

jumartoo

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Some people have the attitude.. 'I've paid for an EHU, so I'll bloody well use it' we all know the type.. fan heater on all day in the awning.. etc..

We found this was happening on the camperstop in Totana. During the day when it was warm people had their doors open but we could see heaters still on inside some people's vans!

Am I being daft, but I haven't seen any prices!!!???

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
We found this was happening on the camperstop in Totana. During the day when it was warm people had their doors open but we could see heaters still on inside some people's vans!

Am I being daft, but I haven't seen any prices!!!???

.. Mo is revising his pricing..

As some one has asked............. Now the nasty bit... nightly "Fee`s".... :Eeek:

Revision on "Fee`s" taking place, sorry..,

Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
Well done it looks lovely. Sherborne is not far and is a nice town to visit. Could you charge a winter supplement, after all your hard work you really should make a bit of a profit even if you do plough it all back into the place.

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
Having stayed with Judy and Paul I can confirm it a lovely place and spotless and I wish them both great success in their new venture and will hopefully see them Soon. :hi5:

The only downside to the whole stay was the scruffy, miserable handy man that Judy employs, not sure of his name but @old-mo springs to mind. I think Judy has shortened it to that from "old moaning scruffy git" but I'm not sure.

Just sayin. :imoutahere:

Jun 1, 2016
Ferndown, Dorset, UK
Funster No
MH
Laika Kreos 4009
Exp
Since early 90's
Living just down the road @Ringwood, I would visit here for one of our Saturday Night Breaks, can you let me know prices please @old-mo once you have them sorted, and any other relevant info i may need.
It looks lovely, well done.
BTW it would me+the Wife+small Cockerpoo dog
many thanks

Mark

Feb 14, 2014
Ainsworth, Bolton, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2011
Looks lovely and we will be visiting when in the area in September.
I agree with others that you need to recoup your monies and I am sure that the majority of funsters will pay what ever you ask and support you in this venture
Well done @old-mo and good luck
Gary and Janet

Aug 21, 2014
Isle of Wight
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
20 yrs on and off
:smiley: So pleased to learn about your CL we travel your way when we go down to Devon & Cornwall (which is often). We stop in Bridport to shop in Morrison's because it's Moho friendly and a good place to let dogs have a stretch. It will be great to have a moho friendly site to stay in Dorset, it's such a lovely county which people often miss out exploring in their rush further down south. Your CL is in a particularly nice part so you should get a lot of visitors.
Good luck with your new venture :smiley::smiley: looking forward to visiting, we're down that way end of Oct after we get back from France :smiley::smiley:

Reactions: kcy

kcy

Free Member
Nov 7, 2013
east yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chausson flash
Exp
since 2012
Ok you need a sign, pointing to an rough area with no electricity, saying 'tight gits :LOL:

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
One of my Favourite CL's near Leicester charges £10 a night and has the old fashioned coin meters per pitch. Takes £1 coins. Some people were putting £1 in a day. My £1 lasted more than a week.

He said he had to either put the prices up to £15/16 or install electric meters. He didn't think it was fair that some people took a lot and others took practically nothing but all paid the same price. He held his price to to £10 and ensured his electric costs were covered.

The meters were the really old fashioned ones that he had reconditioned.

Neckender

Free Member
Oct 15, 2007
Neckend or North Wales.
Funster No
MH
VW T6.1Kombi day Van
Exp
Since 2004
We were parked at a beautiful CL near Skeggness this week end, they charged per night £12-50 and £15 with electric.
We paid the £15 and was well worth it, again good luck Mo with your venture.

John.

themogs

Free Member
Oct 23, 2012
Wales
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Not Long Enough.
'way to go Mo !!!!!
It looks great...(y)(y)(y)

Now to find it on map. so's we can book sometime soon.
:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
Perhaps we can have differential pricing for those that are happy with £5 a night and those that are happy to pay much more :)

Lecky would be extra.

Hymie

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 29, 2013
Essex
Funster No
MH
Classic Hymer B564
Exp
Since 1981
We pay 6 quid a night without leccy and 9 quid with at Sunnybrook, don't often have leccy as we have worked towards selt-sufficiency to enable us to become freeloading tossers as often as possible. :imoutahere:

OP
OP
old-mo

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Thanks for the interest, and PM`s/Conversations.. (y)

I have done my home work as far as possible, and spoken to a few and what I have come up with that will hopefully cover all outgoings and be pleasing on the pocket for most , is =

Basic Camping Field or Hard standing £7-00 per unit per night.

From 1st June till 30th October with 6amp EHU = £10-00 per night per unit..

From 1st November till 31st May, (Which down here are the coldest months) £13-00 per unit per night...

This should cover all cost`s..... :nod:

Did not realise how expensive Electricity has gone up, we have always paid by direct debit and I don`t check.. :Eeek:

How does that sound.. ???

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
You thievin' git, I'm not paying all that, I'll give you the £7 and fire up my Gennie..........

.....seriously Mo, that's more like it. ( I assume that is Breakfast too) :wink:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back