"Firstly"............. Grateful Thanks to........ (1 Viewer)

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
Not long enough, but a little common sense helps..........
Mo, what about running a "dig" weekend I'm sure there are enough members who would come down do the cable laying, hole digging etc etc etc for a sandwich and a beer. There might even be a few qualified electricians for certificate required. I would be happy to come down and sweat a bit. (y)

Feb 15, 2016
Essex
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since April 2016
Looks good in a great position, will certainly visit when in the area, possibly next year. Well done(y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Huwmari

Free Member
Jul 26, 2013
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 201
Exp
since Apr 2013
Perhaps we can have differential pricing for those that are happy with £5 a night and those that are happy to pay much more :)

Lecky would be extra.
Let's face it - most of us don't actually need electricity and we seldom use it so dual pricing (with/without) seems to be the way to go.

adt

Mar 28, 2016
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Nuevo
Exp
Since 2016
We stayed on a CS at Windermere who had 6A supplies.
The leaflet they gave out and signs at the site asks people to be careful with the electric loading as similar to yours, anybody plugging everything in will blow the fuse which means all are without power until it is replaced.
If I remember right they had examples of what could blow the fuse, so just take care.

Just a simple courtesy from all using the EHU to be aware to limit their use, then stops you from having to replace fuses.
In this case, we were just using the EHU to keep batteries charged with all cooking and heating coming off the gas.

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
What are the wardens like?

PenelopePitstop

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 3, 2007
Royston Vasey and beyond!
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 1999
Brilliant!!! We'll be down sometime late October on our way to Portsmouth for the great escape ;-)
Will be great to see you and Judy and Paul again. We've missed you all!

mjltigger

Free Member
Nov 12, 2014
Trowbridge
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota Max
Exp
I think those prices are reasonable and can't wait until our window is fixed so we can come visit..

enery8

Free Member
Oct 11, 2012
Dorset
Funster No
MH
FFB Tabbert Classic 660
Exp
towing for 20 odd years but now have our first motorhome.
We went to Sir Old Mo's CL for a rekki the other day seeing as he is only about 10 miles from us and we thought what a great way to spend the odd few days away from the neighbours! Well, I have to say what a lovely location and what a brilliant job Mo has made of the place. Glorious views across open country and pretty central for Weymouth, Dorchester and Bridport and close to the A35 and A37 trunk roads also not far from the A31. It has all you might need for civilised basic camping, water, waste disposal and even a couple of hock ups (6amp). Ideal as a stop over on your way somewhere else, but beware, you might decide to stay and you will certainly be back.

Feb 14, 2014
Ainsworth, Bolton, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2011
Spent the last 2 nights at old mo's delightful cfl and what can I say other than absolutely beautiful and very peaceful. Maurice and Judy made us so welcome and we even met the new addition to the family Daisy the dog.
The views from the garden are quite spectacular and are what I would describe as a little corner of paradise and I am sure we will visit again whenever we are in the area.
Thanks @old-mo and Judy for a wonderful weekend on your stunning cfl
Hope to see you soon
Gary and Janet and Ruby

OP
OP
old-mo

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Thanks @garjanco (Gary & Janet and not forgetting the gorgeous Ruby..)

Much appreciated..

The bill for the Gate Post you snapped wont be so bad... I replaced it myself, yesterday... so you wont have any humungus bill to pay from some contractor ... I come cheap.. :wink: :giggler:.

Good to put a face to a name... enjoy the rest of your holiday.. :cheers: :dogthanks:

Feb 14, 2014
Ainsworth, Bolton, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2011
Thanks @garjanco (Gary & Janet and not forgetting the gorgeous Ruby..)

Much appreciated..

The bill for the Gate Post you snapped wont be so bad... I replaced it myself, yesterday... so you wont have any humungus bill to pay from some contractor ... I come cheap.. :wink: :giggler:.

Good to put a face to a name... enjoy the rest of your holiday.. :cheers: :dogthanks:
See Maurice that's what you get for leaning on the gate watching Judy working away in the garden while you are chit chatting away to us
Thanks again
Gary, Janet and Ruby:ta:

Hymie

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 29, 2013
Essex
Funster No
MH
Classic Hymer B564
Exp
Since 1981
Sounds good Old'un, can't wait for a visit, just need Caroline to be released from the lunatic asylum.

No, she isn't a patient, she works there, although she
says it is like a home from home. :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Hymie.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Rather an unfortunate shadow Mo :D

DSC01788 (600 x 450).jpg

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Before you go digging trench Mo, find out what size wire has been used and the run length.
It MAY be big enough to increase the supply fuse/breaker to 10AMP.
Plenty of online cable sizing calculators to work it out.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back