"Firstly"............. Grateful Thanks to........ (1 Viewer)

May 8, 2016
silver coast, portugal
Funster No
MH
C Class: Low profile
Exp
Boatie for 20 years
Sounds like a good deal.

Congratulations on this venture. Let's hope we all give it the support it deserves

Hymie

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 29, 2013
Essex
Funster No
MH
Classic Hymer B564
Exp
Since 1981
That's more like it Mo, and still a bargain at that price.

Hymie.

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Sounds great (y) Think you will be busy :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 14, 2014
Ainsworth, Bolton, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2011
Sounds great and I am sure the funsters family will keep you busy all year round as we said earlier well done @old-mo hopefully get to meet you in September
Gary and Janet

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Sir a Old Mo, sounds to me if you have come up with a perfectly formed Fun Site with a fair pricing system, look forward to a stop over when we are in your part of the country. :clap2:

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Did not realise how expensive Electricity has gone up, we have always paid by direct debit and I don`t check.. :Eeek:
Might be worth checking you are on a fair rate here http://switch.which.co.uk/?gclid=CMS6ssbltM4CFUlmGwodPFkH_w & here https://www.uswitch.com/gas-electricity/ as energy companies don't automatically give the best rates to loyal customers :mad: We are currently with GB Energy https://www.gbenergysupply.co.uk/?gclid=CMOo85z7tM4CFeMp0wodyeoBKw who may not come up on the other two links but are the cheapest by far for our usage but your rates will depend on your area too. We've had to switch every couple of years but it is easy & worth it for the money saved :)

Mikey RV

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 7, 2010
Devon
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance I821G
Exp
Since 1977
Just caught up with this thread as my internet has been shite for the last few days.
A big well done to you and family Mo from me and Nikki, you have worked hard to get where you are and it all looks fantastic. We will be down to catch up as soon as we can. (y)

lesleyjean

Free Member
Jun 21, 2008
Funster No
MH
A class
Great site with great prices.

Good luck Mo and Judy

See you both when we get some courage to Leave Ilfracombe. Hopefully soon.

kcy

Free Member
Nov 7, 2013
east yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chausson flash
Exp
since 2012
Thanks for the interest, and PM`s/Conversations.. (y)

I have done my home work as far as possible, and spoken to a few and what I have come up with that will hopefully cover all outgoings and be pleasing on the pocket for most , is =

Basic Camping Field or Hard standing £7-00 per unit per night.

From 1st June till 30th October with 6amp EHU = £10-00 per night per unit..

From 1st November till 31st May, (Which down here are the coldest months) £13-00 per unit per night...

This should cover all cost`s..... :nod:

Did not realise how expensive Electricity has gone up, we have always paid by direct debit and I don`t check.. :Eeek:

How does that sound.. ???
Sounds great,Hope to see you later this year.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Is the electricity limited to 6A by units on the EHU point, or is it just up to visitors not to plug in kettles?

OP
OP
old-mo

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Is the electricity limited to 6A by units on the EHU point, or is it just up to visitors not to plug in kettles?

Hopefully I have this right...

EHU is from the garage, through a spur which is 6amp fuse protected..

If more than 6 amp is used at any one time the fuse will pop, and will have to be replaced...

There are two EHU points on the hard standing, which are the normal .... same as this =
garage-caravan-mains-electric-socket_zps1d24f3c5.jpg

I will look into beefing it up eventually,,, but I have been told that I will need to run another armourlite cable from the household electric box to be safe and uprate the amps.

To run a new cable and dig up 80 ft of concrete/tarmac would be some where in the region of £800.... :Eeek:

Plus the cost of one of these =
original.png

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
Thought it was "allowed" to recover the cover the costs to supply electricity - just not make a profit on it ???

IE - the £800 to run new cable + cost of distribution box + unit cost of electricity divided by expected number of nights used & expected life of infrastructure.
... so if the total was about £1k, 5 years expected lifespan & maybe 90 days use a year on two pitches then you could righteously add £1 to the ehu fee [if you loaned the money to the CL business & charged yourself interest :whistle:]

So if @scotjimland 's unit prices & calculations are correct - and I've read it correctly that the 6a is split between the 2 EHU's then the extra £3 to plug in is absolutely bang on.

Surely though 6amp will blow if anyone plugs in a normal kettle, let alone a hairdryer :eek:?
Would it be an idea to perhaps say it's not a full EHU facility but more of a leisure battery top up - otherwise you might want to place a bulk repeat order for 6amp fuses :D.

themogs

Free Member
Oct 23, 2012
Wales
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Not Long Enough.
Thanks for the interest, and PM`s/Conversations.. (y)

I have done my home work as far as possible, and spoken to a few and what I have come up with that will hopefully cover all outgoings and be pleasing on the pocket for most , is =

Basic Camping Field or Hard standing £7-00 per unit per night.

From 1st June till 30th October with 6amp EHU = £10-00 per night per unit..

From 1st November till 31st May, (Which down here are the coldest months) £13-00 per unit per night...

This should cover all cost`s..... :nod:

How does that sound.. ???

Sounds goooooood to us...(y)(y)(y)
Where's that booking form ??????:LOL::LOL::LOL:

OP
OP
old-mo

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
So if @scotjimland 's unit prices & calculations are correct - and I've read it correctly that the 6a is split between the 2 EHU's then the extra £3 to plug in is absolutely bang on.

The 6 amp is to each individual hook-up...

So 12 amp`s being pulled from the supply from the garage.. (y)

MC 55 FUN

Free Member
Feb 18, 2016
Rural South West Wales.
Funster No
MH
2015 Majestic 195
Exp
Since 20th Feb' 2016
One potential issue to be aware of is that nominal single phase voltage in the U.K. is actually 240v +6% / - 6%, so actual voltage could be anywhere between 226v - 254v, which when computated with a 6 amp supply gives a kwh output of between 1.356kwh - 1.524kwh.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
One potential issue to be aware of is that nominal single phase voltage in the U.K. is actually 240v +6% / - 6%, so actual voltage could be anywhere between 226v - 254v, which when computated with a 6 amp supply gives a kwh output of between 1.356kwh - 1.524kwh.

to be pedantic.. it's actually + 6% and - 10%.. 216.2 volts and 253 volts

The law now states 230v +10% -6%, thereby allowing the European 220v system to stay at 220v and UK to stay at 240v, yet both appear to be harmonised!

EU- UK Voltage harmonisation was just smoke and mirrors.. nothing actually changed.. our nominal voltage is still 240v

and while this is all true, it won't be an issue for Mo .. he's far too busy digging cable trenches to worry about such a small difference (using your calculation) of 0.168 kw

Poppi

Free Member
Oct 18, 2014
Devon
Funster No
MH
Talbot Express Rambler
Exp
May 2014
Sounds Fantastic to me Mo; only just over an hour away and I have a friend in Dorchester I would like to visit more so would be ideal for me . Just need to know how to book now please x

lindyloot

LIFE MEMBER
May 28, 2008
Yeovil
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker
Exp
since 2007
Looks good Mo, your revised prices sound about right.All the best in your venture. Hope to come and stay some time even if its only up the road

OP
OP
old-mo

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Sounds Fantastic to me Mo; only just over an hour away and I have a friend in Dorchester I would like to visit more so would be ideal for me . Just need to know how to book now please x

Just send a PM/Conversation @Poppi ..

And I will send Address/Sat-Nav Co-ords/ & Phone number..

:thanks3:

Bobby22

Free Member
Dec 15, 2013
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Rapido 680ff
Exp
since 2013
6 amps will allow up to a 1440 watt kettle or hair dryer. Our motorhome kettle is 750 watts and works fine.

Most decent hairdryers have different settings for heat and are usually printed on the appliance.

Motorhome hot water and heating systems also can be run with less than 6 amps, so long as you keep the total below 1440 watts.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back