Finally home with the new van.

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by lorger, Jan 19, 2016.

1. lorger

lorger Funster

Flew out Friday morning to collect my new PVC in Germany, I knew from the off things weren't going to go smoothly when I had a terrible sleep in my daughters Uni flat. Then it took them 90 minutes to find my case after a 60minute flight, then on my second flight security decided to search and swab my luggage only to find a small pair of black knickers and asked are these yours sir with a wink.

Anyway arrived in Dortmund and after 1 bus and 2 trains I arrived in Buldern with a 5 minute walk to the hotel, went out for some dinner and a pint, now not as fancy as some @Robert Clark bit very nice and at €20 for 2 pints and this it was well worth it. image.png

Next morning dealer arrives to collect me as planned, Dominik who I dealt with was unavailable due to his wife being in labour with their first child so I'll let him off.

Once at the garage I was taken through all the workings of the motorhome and they discovered they had forgot to put the waste tank heating in so they have told me to get it done here and send them the bill and apologied for the inconvenience. After a hand over and a cuppa I then head for the ferry making good time dislike the weather.

Arrive at the very just before 17:00 for my 18:00 ferry to be told there is a problem with the boat, eventually boarded just before 21:00 to be told it was a suspicious package so had bomb disposal on board.

I was planning on spending the night at Popeyes in the New Forest and after texting him a few times to let him know where I was he was still more than happy for me to arrive at 01:30. I have to say Griff does have a lovely wife Jackie who done me a lovely cooked breakfast with loads of tea no idea how he managed to pull her.

Van booked In at Vanbitz for Monday morning so headed to Cornish Farm for the night and although it was dark and wet I had a quick look round and the site does look very neat and tidy with the toilet blocks being spotless.

Van dropped of and spent the day in Tauton before the walk back to collect it, was taken through the alarm system even though I'll forget it tomorrow and also the solar stuff I had fitted very pleased with the work carried out. Then had a nice chat with a very busy @eddievanbitz before heading home only to get stuck on the M5 due to a lorry hitting a bridge so arrived home very tired just before midnight.

Even thou it's been long so far I'm over the moon with the van now to pay the VAT and get it registered

• Like Like x 46
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. Larrynwin

Larrynwin Funster

Congratulations , a smile on your face no doubt (y)

• Like Like x 1
  3. irnbru

irnbru Funster Life Member

Good to hear you are motorhome less no more. Enjoy your new van.:)

• Like Like x 2
  4. Gooney

Gooney Funster

Sounds like a nice well planned adventure Lorger, but please tell more about the Black knickers;)

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. wizzer59

wizzer59 Funster

Great stuff but no cigar till we see pics:doh:

• Like Like x 1
  6. wizzer59

wizzer59 Funster

What he said?????:rolleyes::p

• Like Like x 1
  7. Armytwowheels

Armytwowheels Funster Life Member

Well done Gerry, sounds exhausting though. Where are the photos, we need photos man!

• Like Like x 1
  8. John Laidler

John Laidler Funster

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 11
    • Like Like x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. canopus

canopus Funster Life Member

you don't hang about Gerry - hope you enjoy your new van

10. Judge Mental

Judge Mental Funster Deceased RIP

A photo would be nice.....As I don't believe you have done it:)

• Like Like x 2
  11. big bertha

big bertha Funster

Glad your home safe and sound after your iffy start. What alarm system did you opt for, pm me if it's a secret?;)

12. Popeye

Popeye Funster

That's right Gerry, get in first with the digs, You roll up here at 01.30 in the morning, place your order for breakfast and then so tired collapse in the comfort of your new Van. I had to take this picture of the clock coz I couldn't believe the neck of some funsters turning up at any old hour. You won't get this at a Caravan club meet tha-nose.

Gerry1.JPG

Following Day (Sunday) after a fried Breakfast (which is the only reason I invite people here so that I get one too), you sit there drinking unimaginable quantities of tea before even showing us over the Bargain that is the new set-a-wheels.

Gerry2.JPG

Very nice too, I even swept it out for him, that's the kind of host I am.........

Gerry3.JPG
    Of course the Cook gets first invite

Gerry4.JPG

..and then eventually I manage a peek inside.

..............................................Two Hotdogs please chief.

Gerry8.JPG

Lovely to finally meet you Gerry and I am so impressed with the van, the extras and the price which I will keep Schtum about.

Safe travels and don't let that @eddievanbitz rip you off any more than he did me!

• Like Like x 19
    • Funny Funny x 5
  13. Robert Clark

Robert Clark Funster Life Member

Well done Gerry on your new van - looks great
    Does @Popeye offer overnight stops for all Funsters, or just the carefully selected and vetted ones?

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. eddievanbitz

eddievanbitz Trader - Funster

I see you met @Popeye lovely "Niece" Such a nice young lady, so nice of her to live in and look after poor old Popeye?

You did look dead on your feet when you left Cornish Farm so really glad you made it safely home

• Like Like x 6
  15. Popeye

Popeye Funster

Not that carefully selected as can be seen by the company that has been here, @ROB1CHELSEA1 , @Armytwowheels , @swanseajack13 , @cliffandger , @lorger , but I daren't invite you Robert as judging by your pictures we do not possess either the wine cellar or the culinary skills to sate your most magnificent appetite............ :wink:

• Like Like x 6
    • Funny Funny x 6
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  16. Anthea M

Anthea M Funster

Congratulations on finally picking up your new pride and joy! She looks lovely and after such a journey I'm sure future ones will be much more relaxed and fun!enjoy:party2:

• Like Like x 1
  17. lorger

lorger Funster

Thanks folks I will put pictures on later or tomorrow, if anyone fancies roughing it in the New Forest let me know as I have the co ordinates of a nice little place.

• Like Like x 12
    • Funny Funny x 2
  18. lorger

lorger Funster

I put a post on here on Saturday I forgot to take my toothpaste out of my carry on case and the security pick up on this, they then said they would have to do a drugs swab and search my case, on doing this they found a pair of black knickers in a pocket belonging to my daughter as its her case. The security guy then asked are these yours sir and winked at me so they now think I'm a drug smuggling transvesttie

• Funny Funny x 9
  19. lorger

lorger Funster

I opted dot the strikeback and was more than happy with the way I was dealt with at Vanbitz all very friendly and professional at the same time.

• Thanks Thanks x 2
  20. Lenny HB

Lenny HB Funster

Well you have done the easy bit, now the nightmare of DVLA, good luck you will need it.

• Like Like x 2