Finally home with the new van. (1 Viewer)

Violet1

Free Member
Jul 4, 2015
March, Cambs
Funster No
MH
semi-integrated
Exp
i'm a newbie
Don't keep quiet on price or service from the guys in Germany , it might make some of the dealers this side Buck their ideas up

OP
OP
lorger

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
WHEN we called into@popeye's we had to leave the dogs in our m/h because he is a tea leaf I would check inside yours ,as he could not get into our m/h he tried to nick a WELSH badge of the back of my m/h Jackie is the distraction and popeye will nick from you and put it on ebay so be warned ray lol still lol xx what have you go to sell popeye

I did notice I was missing a pair of Lycra running shorts, that's not an image I want in my head @Popeye wearing my Lycra.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Congratulations Gerry.. great van.. (y)

wishing you many happy and safe travels.. :)

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
I did notice I was missing a pair of Lycra running shorts, that's not an image I want in my head @Popeye wearing my Lycra.

They fit a treat Gerry, thanks for that...........:wink:

Griff-Lycra.jpg

Phillybarbour

Free Member
Feb 2, 2013
West Lancs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout Revo.
Exp
Since 2010
Sounds like a great adventure and a new van to boot.

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
what have you go to sell popeye

Everything is for sale Ray, you just have to make me an offer I can't refuse, and that does not include all your attempts to get me to apply for honorary Welsh citizenship just so that you can brag to your cronies that you have real English mates........ How sad is that!

He told me on the phone tonight that Wales were going to win the 6Nations.:rofl:

MannClan

Free Member
Dec 5, 2015
Peterborough
Funster No
MH
coachbuild
Exp
approx 2003
I was overjoyed with our new van just before xmas but I have to admit the journey down the A1 just doesn't compare to yours - enjoy !!!

Brian and Jo

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 24, 2007
oswestry,shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class N+B Arto 88F
Exp
Been motorhoming for 15yrs.had an American RV for 7yrs,Now got a Niesmann Bischoff Arto 88F
Hi there and congrats on you new van,very nice .Enjoyyyyyyyyy(y)(y)
Brian & Jo

OP
OP
lorger

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Well thats the VAT forms filled in just need to wait and see if this has been done correctly, it seemed straight forward so fingers crossed

OP
OP
lorger

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Hi Gerry, Were you fully comp insurance for the drive back, or 3rd party?
The export plates were 3rd party and my insurance company insured me fully comp on the VIN from the port in France.

madgeD

Free Member
Aug 17, 2014
Cleveland
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
since 2005
The export plates were 3rd party and my insurance company insured me fully comp on the VIN from the port in France.
You worry about it longer than it take dont you ?? we had to do it in 2.000 when we bought an estate car from Holland, it will be fine.

Aug 19, 2013
Wells, Somerset
Funster No
MH
Elddis 115
Exp
since 2004
You worry about it longer than it take dont you ?? we had to do it in 2.000 when we bought an estate car from Holland, it will be fine.
True. But what a potential disaster if you did something stupid. I remember reading about someone buying a brand new large Pilote and within a few miles of the factory hitting a tree at the side of the road and demolishing the long-awaited van, not being used to its width. No problem like that with the PVC, but ... things can happen. Anyway, I've not even ordered the van yet. Plenty of time to worry!

Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2008 (started in a VW T4 campervan)
We have the Globecar Campscout - same van, different decals. :D We love ours - for various complicated reasons it was the only layout available that met our needs when we bought it two & a half years ago. Nothing is ever perfect, but within the constraints we have, it comes pretty close. (y)

We are planning to visit Sweden in it later this year - family in Gothenburg, so I will be re-reading your posts from your trip for tips before we go.

Have a great time with yours. :)

Finnsgran

Free Member
Aug 23, 2015
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Exp
I'm a newbie
I am thinking of buying a motorhome in Germany as we want a left hand drive. Is it much cheaper ( you don't need to tell me how much, just let me know if it was worth it). We also wondered if there was a lot of complicated paperwork.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back