Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
:D
Lola looks like a dog being told to sit nicely and look pretty for the camera..........and all she wants to do is go back into the warm MH.

She sometimes takes some getting out of the MH, but she loves the wind and today would have quite happily stayed out, but she is better prepared and dressed for it than me :)

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
A little taster of how rough it is, but as before it looks far more impressive face to face
You're right, photos of high seas don't really show the power & energy do they? We had 15 foot waves & rough here the other day but photos look like a paddling pool. And with the sun out it doesn't even look cold!
these long threads may not be welcome on the forum
You've been having quite an adventure, and it's GREAT following your updates. I'm really enjoying Durness without the wind... (sorry! :sneaky:)

Hope you have better luck with the crested tit than with the aurora...

Allegro83

Free Member
Jul 20, 2010
Balfron, Stirling
Funster No
MH
East Neuk Fifer L
Exp
15 years
Really enjoyed following your travels, thanks.
Snowing here today, we stay between the Campsies and The Trossachs.
Safe journey.

M

Madwife

Deleted User
Great photos David and you could see the power of the waves with all the spray. We have had rain(the first in over four weeks) and some thunder about an hour ago that had everyone winding down their sat dishes!

The temperature though is still in the mid teens and when the sun comes out it's warm

Safe travels onwards for you at the weekend.

Kath and Howie

Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2008 (started in a VW T4 campervan)
Another vote here for the trip thread in the forum. I've enjoyed this one, as well as gathered useful information; just as the Granada one (better known as the fridge thread :)); DBK's Spanish trip; the list goes on.

Turning the thread into a blog later as DBK did with his Spanish trip is the icing on the cake. If I have to choose between just icing or just cake, I'll go for the cake. :)

More proof that the saying 'the camera never lies' is rubbish. It looks positively warm & spring-like in those photos, with just enough sea state to be photogenic. That coastline is now firmly on the 'to do' list.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
DavidG58
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
IMG_0181.JPG
IMG_0187.JPG
IMG_0219.JPG
IMG_0220.JPG
Decided to take a trip down to the beach, the sea was looking even more dramatic,so went down to take some more photos

Before I went I did my internet research into chill factor, the internet knows nothing, according to 'it' at 1C as it is now and 40 mph land speed wind (must be the same speed when at sea, but its what they call it) chill factor is -6C

Last edited:
OP
OP
DavidG58
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
just corrected an auto spell correct in above post, chill had been changed to cull, could be that cull is more appropriate, not a place for the weak up here

Talking of which had my drama of that day on my return to MH, couldn't unlock the bloody thing, could lock it again and hear it clunking happily to itself, but would it hell as like unlock

Well I am in and it only took a few more goes but felt like half a day trying, no idea what was wrong, now I am in I can lock and unlock at will, but not going outside again to see if it works outside, could just be very cold maybe

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Another one for trip threads, love them(y) Living it all with you :D

Aug 4, 2013
Oop North
Funster No
MH
None now 😢
Exp
Hi David, another thumbs up from us we are loving your reports and all the photo's too, we would have joined you if we could have ... Just wish you had managed to see the lights, Dave said he hopes we can get up there in the next few weeks. Solar activity levels seem to be dropping off again at the moment but you never know! Keep the reports coming.

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
That's an absolute cracker David, nerve-wracking - I bet the noise was fantastic

OP
OP
DavidG58
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
I did get wet feet taking that one

Back to inland landscape shots from tomorrow, till we pop out at Dornoch at least :)

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
David, as I have said before we have been doing a virtual trip with you, love the Holiday Threads on the forum, so much information, your photos together with the thread bought it alive, Thank you, keep it coming :Smile:

mjltigger

Free Member
Nov 12, 2014
Trowbridge
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota Max
Exp
Another vote for the threads .. really enjoying coming home from work each day and seeing where 'we' have been on holiday.

OP
OP
DavidG58
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
You need to have a good look at me before we get into the G + T next time we meet Dawn, there is an awful lot of me that would over hang a kilt, not at all pretty :D

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Plus a few other bits of clothing, we hope.......... Please not just the kilt?......... ;)

You wouldn't need anything else if it was one of the original kilts which wrapped the chest as well and the waist and down.

We once went to Fort Augustus by boat and took the children to a show where a gentleman gave a talk about the origins of the kilt and how it was worn before the modern garment became almost universal.

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
You wouldn't need anything else if it was one of the original kilts which wrapped the chest as well and the waist and down.

We once went to Fort Augustus by boat and took the children to a show where a gentleman gave a talk about the origins of the kilt and how it was worn before the modern garment became almost universal.
That is far too sensible....... I think we acquired a couple of "Caledonian bears" from nearby quite a few years ago. Lovely teddy bears, even though I'm a bloke......

Dec 10, 2013
South Staffs
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740GJ
Exp
Since 2013
Great thread David, keep the photos coming. If you leave tomorrow have a safe journey.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back