Rally Dorset Fun Rally 2015 (3 Viewers)

OP
OP
D

DM14742

Deleted User
Hi,
Please take us off the list, we have just returned from 7 weeks in South America and inadvetantly double booked the rally dates with a trip to Russia.
Catch you all sometime.
Thanks for letting me know

Dec 23, 2011
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral Supreme
Exp
Since 2002. Previous Motorhomes, 3 X Autotrail. Rapido and 2 Adria Coral Supreme.
Thanks for letting me know
Hi Jez and Lin,
Alan & Margaret AKA "Teleman" is going to do a bank transfer for their deposit. Look out for it.
Cheers Steve & Anne.
PS: Counting down to June now! Have ordered a new Rapido 7065 and are waiting for it, likely to be May.

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
Have ordered a new Rapido 7065 and are waiting for it, likely to be May.

Now that's gonna be comfy, we'll have to compare MoHo's, mine should be here in April / May

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 23, 2011
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral Supreme
Exp
Since 2002. Previous Motorhomes, 3 X Autotrail. Rapido and 2 Adria Coral Supreme.
Now that's gonna be comfy, we'll have to compare MoHo's, mine should be here in April / May
Hi Popeye,
Yeah, look forward to comparing notes, provided it arrives on time! You know these manufacturers, a delivery date is just a "guide" not a promise. Steve

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Going to be quite a gathering of A classes, this year.........:)
Yep, us included only we'll be the poor rele's so will slope off to a quiet corner somewhere:ROFLMAO:

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
Going to be quite a gathering of A classes, this year.........:)

Lol I'll be lost amongst all the newness and posh motorhomes in my poor likkle Daisy. (but i love her and she's mine) :)

Don't worry Poppi, our Daisie is an old aluminium box,1993, not a posh plastic box, but still has all the mod cons.
Stick her right in the middle with a big flag on her.

LOL

Hey this is Motor-Home Fun and we and you have had just as much fun in our old Vans as we will in the new ones, we have spent a lot on our 40th wedding anniversary present but really don't want to be alienated just because we've got a new Motorhome..........:wub:

Poppi

Free Member
Oct 18, 2014
Devon
Funster No
MH
Talbot Express Rambler
Exp
May 2014
Hey this is Motor-Home Fun and we and you have had just as much fun in our old Vans as we will in the new ones, we have spent a lot on our 40th wedding anniversary present but really don't want to be alienated just because we've got a new Motorhome..........:wub:

Wow 40th congratulations :)
Lol @Daisie I'd rather hide away ;)

Daisie

Free Member
Jul 23, 2014
Selston , Notts
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
7 vans in 40yrs
New van or old van were all here for the same reason "FUN" and enjoying the company of others alike.
Back from Newark, a good weekend, sun bathing on Fri, a bit freezy cold on Sat, and wow sun out again on Sun.
And just had battery checked so that is OK but now need to know why info registering well charged but only lasted 1/2 hr with telly on, usually get atleast 2 1/2 hrs plus lights. Need to dig deeper.

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
New van or old van were all here for the same reason "FUN" and enjoying the company of others alike.
Back from Newark, a good weekend, sun bathing on Fri, a bit freezy cold on Sat, and wow sun out again on Sun.
And just had battery checked so that is OK but now need to know why info registering well charged but only lasted 1/2 hr with telly on, usually get atleast 2 1/2 hrs plus lights. Need to dig deeper.
Hi......just noticed where you are, we're not far from you(y)

We're looking forward to meeting everyone too.....if we're lucky Popeye might let us look at his new van @Popeye ;)

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
I'm sorry Debs, are you speaking as one of the Hoi polloi or as a fellow "A classer" :blush:

(Hark at me, I haven't even touched it yet) :wink:
Lol, both:LOL:......we can always stand outside with our noses pressed against the window:p

Dec 23, 2011
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral Supreme
Exp
D:cooler:RSET 22nd to 29th June.
Well it’s time to start looking forward to the long balmy days of next year’s Summer & therefore time to post details of the Dorset Fun Rally from Monday 22nd to Monday 29th June (Sunday 28th being the last night)

So it starts the day after Stratford and unfortunately overlaps at the Weekend with Misterton but I’ve put this by Runrig & we think that as they are well separated in terms of distance it shouldn’t affect either one.

The limit is 40 Vans plus 3 who are organising, stewarding or managing catering. If need be I’ll post a reserve list.

Ourselves and Pat & Trish (Pat1951) will be stewarding, Keith & Sue (Pikeman) are kindly overseeing the catering, and I can guarantee that it will be a vast improvement on the Restaurants effort this year.

The Rally will run a similar course to this year’s however we intend to do our own catering and provide a Marquee. I have arranged for Matt Black a local Comedian / Pianist as entertainment on the Saturday Night, I am confident he’ll have your sides splitting. We will be arranging something for Friday as well plus all the informal gatherings, food, quizzes and silly games as per this year.

I will be asking for a £10 deposit per head to cover Saturday Night’s food and entertainment, this will need to be paid by March 31st 2015. I will set up a paypal account for this in the coming weeks. If you can no longer come to the Rally having put your name down please let me know then I can offer your place to someone else, I will contact anyone who hasn’t paid the deposit by the end of March to see if they are still coming.

The prices are £14 per night inc. EHU, £11 per night on the top field and concessions for Solo’s. As per this year.There are 16 EHU’s but I need to hold 2 back for essential users. Sorry but initially I can only accept bookings for a minimum of 5 nights so please take this into account before booking as you can see its a week long Rally & therefore having a large number just coming for the weekend would result in a lot of empty spaces for the rest of the time.

For those who are unfamiliar with the area the site is centered in the beautiful Purbeck countryside with fantastic walks and cycling direct from the site, it’s a 20 minute walk to Corfe with all its quaint Pubs and lovely beer gardens. The seaside resorts of Studland and Swanage are close by as is the Market town of Wareham.

Buses are directly outside the site entrance and there is the Swanage steam Railway only a couple of hundred yards away.

Here is the link to Norden Farm Campsite, it is dog friendly and very laid back & still a working Farm. Toilet & shower facilities (included in price) are very good and it has a well stocked reasonably priced shop with excellent BBQ food.

www.nordenfarm.com/
Hi Jez and Lin,
I have made a bank transfer today on behalf of Alan Lord, Teleman. Its the £20 deposit for him and Margaret.
Please confirm receipt into your Bank.
Cheers. Steve

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Still don't know if our son will be able to come with us so posted cheque today for the two of us & hope it's ok to pay for him nearer the the time if he can? Many thanks :)

OP
OP
D

DM14742

Deleted User
Hi Jez and Lin,
I have made a bank transfer today on behalf of Alan Lord, Teleman. Its the £20 deposit for him and Margaret.
Please confirm receipt into your Bank.
Cheers. Steve
Thanks Steve, payment received

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
D

DM14742

Deleted User
Still don't know if our son will be able to come with us so posted cheque today for the two of us & hope it's ok to pay for him nearer the the time if he can? Many thanks :)
Hi Wombles, yes no problem

OP
OP
D

DM14742

Deleted User
Hi Everyone, Thank you all very much for the deposit money paid so far, this will fund a Cheese & wine get together on Monday, and meal on Saturday plus the entertainment from Matt Black following that. Could I politely ask those still to pay to forward it to me asap. Details for payment are on page 7, if you can't remember whether you have paid or not the list on page 12 will confirm, this is up to date as of now. Roll on Dorset in June ...:cooler: :party::cooler:

Dec 18, 2010
Norfolk.
Funster No
MH
Autotrail cheyenne
Exp
2008-20??
Is it possible to join this rally or is there a waiting list, many thanks, Martin and Sue

OP
OP
D

DM14742

Deleted User
Is it possible to join this rally or is there a waiting list, many thanks, Martin and Sue
I had someone cancel yesterday so I will add you with pleasure, it will be a non electric pitch if that's okay?
I am just rounding up the last of the deposits so can I refer you to page 7 of this thread for payment details.

OP
OP
D

DM14742

Deleted User
Just an update on arrangements for Dorset. as you all probably know we will be entertained on Friday and Saturday Night. Funster Elvis 1709 (Steve) will be doing a Buddy Holly / Elvis tribute which went down a wow last year and all donations on the night will go to Steve's Cancer Charity, (I'm hoping to do a raffle to help support this). Although we will be making use of Gazebo's for our informal evening get togethers I have booked a large Marquee for the Friday and Saturday Night which brings me nicely on to the Food and entertainment for the 27th. We will be having a hog roast with veggie option. The company supplying the Hog and equipment are http://www.purbeckpigs.co.uk/ and are committed to very high standards of animal welfare so you can be reassured in this respect. Matt Black is providing the entertainment, he is a local Comedian / Pianist who we along with other Funsters have seen a number of times and always has us rolling about laughing.
We will in time honoured tradition have a cheese and wine welcome although going by the numbers going to Old Mo's Do (us included) the week before most of us will have got to know each other anyway.
There are a number of lovely walks and cycle rides which we will arrange for those who want to come and some lovely Pubs and Beer Gardens in Corfe which I'm sure we'll pass on the way!!
Last year was a very informal friendly affair and you are invited to do as much or as little as you want, fingers crossed that the weather will be as nice as 2014 :cooler:

Dec 18, 2010
Norfolk.
Funster No
MH
Autotrail cheyenne
Exp
2008-20??
[QUOpleasez and Lin, post: 1373687, member: 14742"]I had someone cancel yesterday so I will add you with pleasure, it will be a non electric pitch if that's okay?
I am just rounding up the last of the deposits so can I refer you to page 7 of this thread for payment details.[/QUOTE]
Yes please,we will sort payment tomorrow. Thank's(y)

Dec 18, 2010
Norfolk.
Funster No
MH
Autotrail cheyenne
Exp
2008-20??
Payment sent ?are awnings allowed and is there an extra charge? Martin,Sue&Caley(the dog)

OP
OP
D

DM14742

Deleted User
Payment sent ?are awnings allowed and is there an extra charge? Martin,Sue&Caley(the dog)
Awnings are fine, no extra charge. Could I ask that those on electric hook up inform the stewards on that field as to their intentions regards awnings as it became a bit of a squeeze in places last year.
Thanks for the deposit.(y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back