Free Member
Feb 27, 2009
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
11 yrs
We'll be catching the 1450 ferry on the 26th and driving straight through to eat a billy bobs buffet, which we have booked for that night (will be late I know).
We'll be leaving late on the Saturday 2nd as we have a 0130 ferry on 3rd. We'll then sleep in Dover before driving the rest of the way home.
Going will be myself (Paul), wife,Emma and Son Josh, 9 (nearly 10) year old.
We'll have a gennie but not used it before so no idea how good it is:Blush:

We'll probably eat in the parks a few times, but won't be able to join you on NYE as we have already booked a different restaurant (plus we eat late in the evening when away).
Good places to eat are the cownboy cookout BBQ, which is a quick service (fast food type) place. Also no trip to Disney is complete for us without a trip to Annettes!! It's a shame they've changed their menu as they used to have an awesome quadruple burger which came with a free milkshake if you ate all the burger!:Blush:

So will everyone be trying to park near the toilet/shower block then?

OP
OP
robinmclaren

robinmclaren

Free Member
Feb 23, 2009
coventry , warwickshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
20+ if you include vw campers and the like
wereee readyyyyyy

list of people going appears to be

robinmclaren..............robin, michaela, spencer(6)
terry c.......................terry , nichola,david (14), josh(12)
errpaul...............................paul, emma , josh (9)
tommytli.....................
davidejm....................

names and ages of any children appreciated for party bags , if not eating on day will still bump into

we had to use genny last hol as batteries died ( now replaced ) and very little sunlight for panels , lets see how new year goes as a test on panels ( better take a shovel to get snow off them) :cry:) and genny just in case, not that we need it with panels !!!!!!!!:Blush:
i think all the vans will have gennys with them this time of year

i have a parking leaflet in front of me and the toilet block indicated is the one by park entrance not the bus drivers pavillion ( but it does seem accepted to use this )

yep i am aiming to park in front of bus pavillon in case need water or facilaties:thumb:

tommytli

Funster
May 26, 2009
lancashire
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
since july 07
we get back before you all get there:Sad: we get home the 23rd. One good thing i will be able to relay some info to you all such as is the water swiched off etc

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

errpaul

Free Member
Feb 27, 2009
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
11 yrs
we get back before you all get there:Sad: we get home the 23rd. One good thing i will be able to relay some info to you all such as is the water swiched off etc

That would be very useful. We only have a small fresh tank so will be lots of bottled water needed if the tap is off!:cry:

Why don't you just stop on for a few days more...after all it's free with the annual pass!:winky:

tommytli

Funster
May 26, 2009
lancashire
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
since july 07
That would be very useful. We only have a small fresh tank so will be lots of bottled water needed if the tap is off!:cry:

Why don't you just stop on for a few days more...after all it's free with the annual pass!:winky:

i wish we could but the mrs ha promised to cook christmas dinner for all her family:RollEyes: and its my friends 1st time abroad in the m/h and he needs to be back aswell,(he was a tugger but i converted him:ROFLMAO: hes only had a m/h about 6mths)

Last edited:

anitainjune

Free Member
Dec 10, 2009
West Yorkshire
Funster No
Exp
6 months
advice please

Married to a big kid and thought I would suprise him by heading to euro-disney for new years eve. Will we get a parking space and as we don't have a special pass what is the cheapest way to get into Park. Been once about 10 years ago and loved it.
Anita::bigsmile:

OP
OP
robinmclaren

robinmclaren

Free Member
Feb 23, 2009
coventry , warwickshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
value for money is the annual pass if going to use it as includes parking all year including if daytripping to paris , usually 3 for 2 offers etc check on disney site

Terry and Nicola

Free Member
Sep 8, 2008
Thornton
Funster No
MH
Exp
new years eve

Married to a big kid and thought I would suprise him by heading to euro-disney for new years eve. Will we get a parking space and as we don't have a special pass what is the cheapest way to get into Park. Been once about 10 years ago and loved it.

HI Anita
We are all big kids me thinks .There will be lots off room for parking for motorhomes i think you must have one or you would not be one here .Tickets, i think most off us that are going have Annual Passes or getting them we have had them for about 6 years (you do have to get a new one every year) most off the ticket prices will be on dlp web sit.
Annual Passes holder get 10% off tickets . parking is 13 e per night free if you have Annual Passes iam sure one off us one here can get your parking for free if you are going in round about the same day :thumb:

errpaul

Free Member
Feb 27, 2009
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
11 yrs

If you plan to use the parks for more than 3 days in the year then an annual pass is best (pretty much the same price, although you cann get 4 days for the price of 3 on the disney site), especially as this gives you discount in restaurants and in the shops at he resort, not to menton the free parking which is 13E a day.
This is the fantasy annual pass though which does have restrictions on dates (access 335 days), but if going for new year you should be ok.
The dream pass givs 365 day access butis 60E more.

errpaul

Free Member
Feb 27, 2009
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
11 yrs
i wish we could but the mrs ha promised to cook christmas dinner for all her family:RollEyes: and its my friends 1st time abroad in the m/h and he needs to be back aswell,(he was a tugger but i converted him:ROFLMAO: hes only had a m/h about 6mths)

Ahh...hence the reason we're leaving after christmas day is out the way:winky:
Would you be able to let us know if the toilet/shower block has a plug socket, or if not if there are hair dryers in there (coin operated or otherwise). No point Mrs taking hair dryer if she can't plug it in.....only got a small gennie and battery so no chance of using it in the van.
Cheers

Terry and Nicola

Free Member
Sep 8, 2008
Thornton
Funster No
MH
Exp
Ahh...hence the reason we're leaving after christmas day is out the way:winky:
Would you be able to let us know if the toilet/shower block has a plug socket, or if not if there are hair dryers in there (coin operated or otherwise). No point Mrs taking hair dryer if she can't plug it in.....only got a small gennie and battery so no chance of using it in the van.
Cheers

HI There is one plug socket in the womens toilets and theres allways a que for it might be one in the mens never did my hair

OP
OP
robinmclaren

robinmclaren

Free Member
Feb 23, 2009
coventry , warwickshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
there ia a socket in the gents but usually being used for battery chaging of phones, cameras , etc
michaela uses the invertor in the van for hair dryer etc as always a lots waiting for socket in ladies , but we do run 2 batteries and big invertor , lets hope enoungh daylight for batteries to charge off panels after use, if not the honda will be on , maybe i should take my big "silent run" diesel genny then not only could we all plug in but i would not hear any kippors running ( assuming again the kippor started ) , be funny if a kippor owner complained about another genny being noisy :roflmto::ROFLMAO::roflmto::ROFLMAO:
we are ready to go but need to finish my jobs off first , we have just finished for today now at 10.30pm from 7 this morning and another long one tomorrow , ahh well pays more tax i supose :Cool:

Terry and Nicola

Free Member
Sep 8, 2008
Thornton
Funster No
MH
Exp
getting ready

HI
Just been food shopping for our trip my wife only got one day off before xmas and have been cleaning the motorhome.
Have we all been to dlp in our motorhomes before or are there any first timers .

errpaul

Free Member
Feb 27, 2009
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
11 yrs
HI
Just been food shopping for our trip my wife only got one day off before xmas and have been cleaning the motorhome.
Have we all been to dlp in our motorhomes before or are there any first timers .

We are motorhome first timers there.
Although we are seasoned DLP visitors (5 trips in one year has been out record!):roflmto:

tommytli

Funster
May 26, 2009
lancashire
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
since july 07
this is our 4th time in the m/h to disney but the 1st around christmas, we normaly go to german crimbo markets

Terry and Nicola

Free Member
Sep 8, 2008
Thornton
Funster No
MH
Exp
5 trips

We are motorhome first timers there.
Although we are seasoned DLP visitors (5 trips in one year has been out record!):roflmto:

wow 5 trips in one year thats great this is our 3rd trip in one year thats the most for us been about 8 times in the motorhome .
just wondered if any one needed any info about any thing i will start with tolls it cost us 32 3 each way but some times its only 22e on the way back

tommytli

Funster
May 26, 2009
lancashire
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
since july 07
im pondering on the none toll route it puts an extra hour each way on the trip and £60 ish better in my pocket, or ir the none toll route to disney a pain?
i did the none toll route to southern ardeche in may and that was ok

OP
OP
robinmclaren

robinmclaren

Free Member
Feb 23, 2009
coventry , warwickshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
your choice

we went for the first time earlier this year and took the toll and yes £30 later were there and could have been on a motorway in the uk for what we saw, decided on the way back no tolls and had a fantastic trip back through the villages following the tom tom route, no problem with roads as all good size roads and fantastic stopping at several villages , about 1 hour longer but same fuel and saved £30 , i will judge it depending on the weather on 27th as driving late at night to get to park for morning as to toll or no toll but if clear and no frost or snow i think no toll as £60 better in my pocket as this will pay our fuel for return journey
:Smile:

Terry and Nicola

Free Member
Sep 8, 2008
Thornton
Funster No
MH
Exp
im pondering on the none toll route it puts an extra hour each way on the trip and £60 ish better in my pocket, or ir the none toll route to disney a pain?
i did the none toll route to southern ardeche in may and that was ok

HI how much is an hour off fuel i bet theres not alot in it

Terry and Nicola

Free Member
Sep 8, 2008
Thornton
Funster No
MH
Exp
we went for the first time earlier this year and took the toll and yes £30 later were there and could have been on a motorway in the uk for what we saw, decided on the way back no tolls and had a fantastic trip back through the villages following the tom tom route, no problem with roads as all good size roads and fantastic stopping at several villages , about 1 hour longer but same fuel and saved £30 , i will judge it depending on the weather on 27th as driving late at night to get to park for morning as to toll or no toll but if clear and no frost or snow i think no toll as £60 better in my pocket as this will pay our fuel for return journey

HI Sorry i mist your post i think we will stick to the tolls its not about money buy i do like to save money but we all ways get lost so the tolls are good for me

anitainjune

Free Member
Dec 10, 2009
West Yorkshire
Funster No
Exp
6 months
hoping to join you

Very much newbys though. Going to try change Calais crossing from 3rd Jan but can't travel till 30th so will be arriving late 30th or 31st are we pushing it a bit? Just want to see abit of the magic on New Year. Travelling on to friends near Bergerac then.
anitainjune::bigsmile:

tommytli

Funster
May 26, 2009
lancashire
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
since july 07

yeah i think i will see what the weather is like:winky: i would rather go through and see some of the french villages and thats £60 towards our T at king ludwigs castle::bigsmile:

errpaul

Free Member
Feb 27, 2009
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
11 yrs
We'll definately toll there as have to get there for a restaurant booking!!
Will probably toll on the way back to be honest as means more time in the park and it'll be dark anyway.
The 30e toll....is that due to the size of your MH? We usually pay around 20 in the car. Our MH is less than 3.5t so hoping it'd be the same price.

I rode down through France with a mate to St Tropez 4 years ago, and although the tolls are good to make up time it is so much nicer taking the 'scenic' route. Just depends on time etc. Plus when the destination is DLP we always wanna get there as quick as possible.

I've heard that by the time you factor in the extra milage and the extra fuel because of the stop start nature of the non toll route that the total travelling cost is not much different either way....just what I've heard though as not done this myself.

Terry and Nicola

Free Member
Sep 8, 2008
Thornton
Funster No
MH
Exp
snow at disney

Real Snow enhances the Magic

After heavy snow falls yesterday (and apparently earlier today) guests at Disneyland Paris currently can enjoy the special magic of a snow covered resort adding that unique special extra to the seasonal decorations – in particular in the Disneyland Park – and making the mulled wine at the Christmas Market in the Disney Village as well as the roaring fire in the huge fire place at the bar of Disney’s Sequoia Lodge even more inviting.

To check the current weather in the resort – and currently get a first glimpse of the snow cover – head over to the official website of Panormagique, which includes a live webcam aimed at the ground station of the tethered balloon at the shores of Lake Disney, next to the Disney Village.

As the current cold snap is expected to last a bit longer, guests arriving in the next days should be able to enjoy the white magic at Disneyland Paris as well. That is, once they arrive at the resort. Unfortunately with the cold and the snow came also the to be expected traffic problems. In addition to traffic jams on the roads in and around Paris, both major airports of Paris 8Orly and Charles de Gaulle) are seeing delays as well as flight cancellations since yesterday (the latest information is available from their official website, which also feature the “Snow Alert“). In addition the TGV is facing delays as well as the maximum speed has been reduced on many sections of the tracks due to snow and ice.

Image: defcon

Your comment is welcome... »

Last edited:

Terry and Nicola

Free Member
Sep 8, 2008
Thornton
Funster No
MH
Exp
snow an disney

Attachments

• disney snow.jpg
    disney snow.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 16
OP
OP
robinmclaren

robinmclaren

Free Member
Feb 23, 2009
coventry , warwickshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
not long now

just checking who is going for new year and updating list before we all leave

davidejm....................

anitainjune.................

think i will need my hip flask for this trip , think we will be loading plenty of gas for the heater this trip , snowchains !!!!!!!!!

everyone drive carfully and see you all there

:roflmto:

DavidEJM

Free Member
May 31, 2009
Oxfordshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
davidejm.................... david, samantha, jaz (15), zak (9), blaize (5)

anitainjune.................

Just getting the van sorted today and were driving down to Gatwick in it tomorrow. Jetting off to the sun for Christmas and then back on 29th. Collect van on 30th and on to Eurotunnel (if it is running by then!!!) and on to DLP.

We're regular visitors (I think this will be the 3rd or 4th visit this year) and are Dream Passport Holders. First time we've done New Year though.

We are bringing a generator, though we rarely used it in November when we were there, just to top up the battery occasionally.

Don't want to fill the van with water and then leave it at 'temp storage' while we are away, so will have to work out how to fill it up when we get back and hope we dont freeze up...... it's all very exciting isn't it! I just hope that the problems with the crossing are sorted by the 30th December!

I hope everybody gets to DLP without a hitch and we'll try to park near to the coach drivers toilet block. We should have our MHF sticker in the window by then to identify us.

Happy Christmas everyone

David :thumb:

errpaul

Free Member
Feb 27, 2009
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
11 yrs
Not long now.....a week and we'll be there ::bigsmile:::bigsmile: booked a ferry rather than tunnel thankfully!
We've not used the generator before, so what do you do with it when you need to run it in the rain?

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
Collect van on 30th and on to Eurotunnel (if it is running by then!!!)

Just heard on the Beeb that the car and lorry shuttle service is running.
There is a backlog due to the trains breaking down in the tunnel.
However it is only the Eurostar passenger service that is not running at all.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back