Feb 23, 2009
coventry , warwickshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
20+ if you include vw campers and the like
updated list

robinmclaren..............robin, michaela, spencer(6)
terry c.......................terry , nichola,david (14), josh(12)
errpaul......................paul, emma , josh (9)
davidejm.................... david, samantha, jaz (15), zak (9), blaize (5)

anitainjune.................
brisey........................

have a great christmas all and see you there for new year drive carfully

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
Sorry Robin:cry: we are not going to Disney. Wish we were.
The first line of my post was taken from DavidEJM's posting.
I should have made that clearer.:Doh:
Hope you all have a safe journey and a great trip.::bigsmile:

Brisey

Terry and Nicola

Free Member
Sep 8, 2008
Thornton
Funster No
MH
Exp
generator

Not long now.....a week and we'll be there ::bigsmile:::bigsmile: booked a ferry rather than tunnel thankfully!
We've not used the generator before, so what do you do with it when you need to run it in the rain?

HI When we have our generator on in the rain we just push it under the motorhome

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
robinmclaren

robinmclaren

Free Member
Feb 23, 2009
coventry , warwickshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
wrapped up

wrapped up jobs today and motorhome now home on my drive with convector heater on and batteries being fully charged ready
so barring any emergency calls now ready for xmas and then off on 27th
going to load 2 x 15kg propane bottles tomorrow and fill with water and check for any leaks following big freeze up while in storage , fuel for genny , foil screens , beer, wine and jd , think thats it !!!!!:thumb:

errpaul

Free Member
Feb 27, 2009
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
11 yrs
Finished work too until the new year...woo hoo ::bigsmile:
Forgot to plug van back in after our trip at the beginning of the month:Blush:. went in a couple of days ago to a freezing van with iceicles coming from the taps...:Blush:
Heater has been on in there since, along with the boiler (all electric) and all defrosted now. Ran the taps and no obvious leaks so fingers crossed.
Do you guys have your tanks insulated at all or will they be ok because of the heat from in the van?

Did the last of our shopping today and will be doing van tomorrow. Our van only takes the 6kg propane and holds 2, but think we're gonna take 3.
Stocked up on Gluhwein and lots of new pairs of thermals so all sorted:ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
robinmclaren

robinmclaren

Free Member
Feb 23, 2009
coventry , warwickshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
gas

we to finished until next year yehaaaaaaa
we normally run on 2 x calor lite bottles but can just squeeze the big bottles in gas locker( it is tight ) so figured will run on these for france as i think heating may stay on 24 hours a day and will double our gas capacity
internal tank should be fine with heating on and will leave waste tank open
guess this will be fun !!!!!!:thumb:
michaela is just sorting clothes out for trip

Terry and Nicola

Free Member
Sep 8, 2008
Thornton
Funster No
MH
Exp
no long to go

HI All
just about to go and full up with fuel will take 2 13 kg gas bottles i hope this will last for 6 days .Has any checked the weather in france ?.i had the elec heater on low in the van for the past week .

OP
OP
robinmclaren

robinmclaren

Free Member
Feb 23, 2009
coventry , warwickshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
wrong

got 1 x 13 in and guess what the 2nd bottle wont go in through gap

so now 1 x 13 and 2 x 6 should be fine as usually get 5/6 days out of a 6 in uk in winter

just put some antifreeze in waste tank as underneath and not insulated

tommytli

Funster
May 26, 2009
lancashire
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
since july 07
right guys we are back and what a fantastic time we had:thumb:
we had a 5 1/2 hr delay going out because calais was closed but other than that it was trouble free.
water is still on, parking has gone up to 15 euro but wont bother every 1 with the annual pass.
the place where you drop your waste water is closed and tapped off so take a bucket to put under the back so you can pour it down the metal drains. people where using the disabled toilets to empty their cassette.
we only used 1 x 13kg and switched over to the spare 6kg, we had the heating on 24/7.
the road are clear we went on the tolls there 32 euros and the national roads on the way home all clear with no probs, if you need to know any thing else i will try and help if i can. tommy

i forgot to say take a genny if you have one our battery kept going flat due to the cold

Last edited:

Terry and Nicola

Free Member
Sep 8, 2008
Thornton
Funster No
MH
Exp
disney

HI tommytli
Glad you got back safe and sound did you see much snow at disney been very bad here .Was there a lot off people in disney did you see the new show at the old tarzan bit christmas and skating show i think looked good from what i could see in october. was there many motorhomes in the car park.
Many Thanks Terry

Terry and Nicola

Free Member
Sep 8, 2008
Thornton
Funster No
MH
Exp
lancashire

also were about are you in lancashire we live in Thornton just out side blackpool

Terry and Nicola

Free Member
Sep 8, 2008
Thornton
Funster No
MH
Exp
BREAKING NEWS: Strike at Disneyland Paris impacts guests

just been on the dlp web site
BREAKING NEWS: Strike at Disneyland Paris impacts guests
The unions cfdt, CFTC and UNSA had called for a strike of its members for today as of 7.00 am to protest the lack of social dialogue between the workforce / unions and the management of the resort. In particular the proposed “Zero Euro” wage increase for / in 2010 is targeted by the unions, who demand a pay rise for all cast members as of Januar 1, 2010, an improvement of the work conditons, increased wages for work on Sundays as well as a doubling of the premium for night shifts. Details about the call to strike and the demands are available from the official website of the union cfdt at Disneyland Paris.

When the parks opened guests would not have noticed that any strike was ongoing. However, that changed at 2.00 pm sharp in the Walt Disney Studios Park when the unions sprang into action…

About 150 cast members waving flags of the cfdt and the CFTC as well as union posters stormed the Production Courtyard Stage in the Walt Disney Studios park, in front of which guests had already assembled to secure a spot for the performance of “Disney’s Stars’n'Cars” at 2.30 pm. They “entertained” the guests with whistles and by shouting various chants with the help of megafons. The chants and slogans on the posters include amongst others “Mickey, Sois pas une rat”. While security cast members were in the area, they were not taking any action against their demonstrating fellow cast members.

As a result of the demonstration the performance of “Disney’s Stars’n'Cars” was cancelled. The according announcement over the loudspeakers was greeted by cheers and clapping of the demonstrators. In turn the guests reacted by booing against the demonstrators, who dispersed shortly after the cancelation and the negative reaction of the guests. While the atmosphere of the demonstration is described as “agressive” the whole event stayed peaceful.

As the unions’ call for the strike did not include any information regarding the scope of actions to be expected and the event was to start at 7.00 am it needs to be awaited whether further activities are to happen in either of the parks later today.

Keep checking back later for more updates (if further activities are witnessed by our team on-site) as well as photos from the demonstration in the Walt Disney Studios park, that will be uploaded tonight.

tommytli

Funster
May 26, 2009
lancashire
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
since july 07
HI tommytli
Glad you got back safe and sound did you see much snow at disney been very bad here .Was there a lot off people in disney did you see the new show at the old tarzan bit christmas and skating show i think looked good from what i could see in october. was there many motorhomes in the car park.
Many Thanks Terry

photo1.jpg

2.jpg

tommytli

Funster
May 26, 2009
lancashire
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
since july 07
hi terry i live in blackburn now but im from colne. didnt see the tarzan show, the snow got about 8 inch deep in the park, it was also quite bad on marine parade when we woke up

photo.jpg

tommytli

Funster
May 26, 2009
lancashire
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
since july 07
i was going to post one of the disney castle all lit up but didnt want to spoil it for any one it was truly magical.

happycamper

Free Member
Sep 30, 2007
bolton le sands lancs
Funster No
MH
Hi top camper
Exp
14 years
hi tommy glad to hear your back the snow looks heavy is that cols van next to you on the first pic

cheers

franc

errpaul

Free Member
Feb 27, 2009
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
11 yrs
right guys we are back and what a fantastic time we had:thumb:
we had a 5 1/2 hr delay going out because calais was closed but other than that it was trouble free.
water is still on, parking has gone up to 15 euro but wont bother every 1 with the annual pass.
the place where you drop your waste water is closed and tapped off so take a bucket to put under the back so you can pour it down the metal drains. people where using the disabled toilets to empty their cassette.
we only used 1 x 13kg and switched over to the spare 6kg, we had the heating on 24/7.
the road are clear we went on the tolls there 32 euros and the national roads on the way home all clear with no probs, if you need to know any thing else i will try and help if i can. tommy

i forgot to say take a genny if you have one our battery kept going flat due to the cold

Hi Tommy, glad you had a good time, and thanks for the info.
Just a question about your route. How much longer did it take you coming back using the national roads rather than the tolls? Which rout roughly did you take?

tommytli

Funster
May 26, 2009
lancashire
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
since july 07
Hi Tommy, glad you had a good time, and thanks for the info.
Just a question about your route. How much longer did it take you coming back using the national roads rather than the tolls? Which rout roughly did you take?

hi errpaul, it took us about 2 1/2 hrs there on the tolls and around 4 hrs on the national roads, it was worth the extra diving time back because there was some really nice villages on the way.

OP
OP
robinmclaren

robinmclaren

Free Member
Feb 23, 2009
coventry , warwickshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
fuel on back roads really didnt cost us any more, maybe because we wernt hammering down toll roads but instead going nice and steady enjoying the villages
am travelling late on 27th so will judge road type on weather but definatly return on back roads
sat nav was set to avoid tolls on last return journey
bakerys were superb as were local wine shops

waste tank on van still frozen but should thaw before we leave !!!!

merry xmas to you all :Smile:

errpaul

Free Member
Feb 27, 2009
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
11 yrs
Thanks Tommy.
IT'S CHRISTMAS......woo hoo::bigsmile:
Only 31 hours till we leave now!
Have a great christmas everyone
Our van is decorated and will hopefuly have a wreath hanging....probably from the cycle rack above the fiamma box!!

Jan 13, 2008
Cardiff
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma
Exp
Since 2008
We are thinking of coming over to EuroDisney next week. Still undecided the road outside our house was very icy until it rained this afternoon. Last night when we took the dog for a walk Tanya slipped on the ice and hit her head (luckily she was wearing a big fluffy hat she had as a christmas present and that cushioned her a bit) & as we reached our house a 4x4 passed it side ways!!

Anyway weather permitting we hope to catch the eurotunnel Monday night (ticket still need to be bought). Now IF we do make it do we bring our dog? She came with us to Brittany and enjoyed it thoroughly. Does anyone know of any vets near EuroDisney who can stamp Smarty's(our dog) Passport?

Hope we can make it.... looks like a great trip ::bigsmile:

OP
OP
robinmclaren

robinmclaren

Free Member
Feb 23, 2009
coventry , warwickshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
not sure

not sure if a vets but there are kennels at entrance to park , give them a call and i am sure they can help

good luck

:Blush:

Terry and Nicola

Free Member
Sep 8, 2008
Thornton
Funster No
MH
Exp
toll

hi robin hope you had a good christmas . sant got me a new sat nav so thinking off trying it to get to disney with out going on the toll what typ off roads are they and is it easy to go on

Terry and Nicola

Free Member
Sep 8, 2008
Thornton
Funster No
MH
Exp
dover

also we are staying over night at dover on sunday i no you can park on the prom have ever parked on the prom over night

Jan 13, 2008
Cardiff
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma
Exp
Since 2008
Passport Pet Vet near EuroDisney

not sure if a vets but there are kennels at entrance to park , give them a call and i am sure they can help

good luck

:Blush:

Great idea robinmclaren.

Next task find the telephone number for the kennel and cross fingers that they will understand my very poor french :winky:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back