Funster
May 26, 2009
lancashire
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
since july 07
also we are staying over night at dover on sunday i no you can park on the prom have ever parked on the prom over night

the road to park is marine parade i think the time to stay for free is 18.00-08.00 after them times its pay and display.

also the national roads are easy going. enjoy your trip its not long now

OP
OP
robinmclaren

robinmclaren

Free Member
Feb 23, 2009
coventry , warwickshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
20+ if you include vw campers and the like
hope you all had a great xmas
just heading out to hoover van and final pack down and then off in the next few hours , sat nav for xmas you lucky thing , back roads are great no small windy roads, set your sat nav to lorry or bus just so it doesnt send you down little roads , we are on the ferry 5.30 tonight and should be driving through so there for late tonight but if tired may stay the night at calais and then drive on in morning , have a good careful drive

robin

bessacarr e745 , reg R88MCL

OP
OP
robinmclaren

robinmclaren

Free Member
Feb 23, 2009
coventry , warwickshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
the road to park is marine parade i think the time to stay for free is 18.00-08.00 after them times its pay and display.

also the national roads are easy going. enjoy your trip its not long now

just call disney resort they should know and english is pretty good

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
robinmclaren

robinmclaren

Free Member
Feb 23, 2009
coventry , warwickshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
rolling

we are now on route , just stopped at tesco for essential fresh supplies , picking up spencer from grandparents and then on to dover
using mobile broadband so will check posts when in dover

good journey all ::bigsmile:

OP
OP
robinmclaren

robinmclaren

Free Member
Feb 23, 2009
coventry , warwickshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
terry has found us , struggling to find anyone else, my tel no is 07956930856 if any one wants to text location , we are row p 4th away from coach toilet block

Terry and Nicola

Free Member
Sep 8, 2008
Thornton
Funster No
MH
Exp
new year disney

HI robin, michaela & spencer
We are home now and unpacked and motorhome is away hope you got home ok we had snow on the m 25 on the way back . It was very nice to meet you all and spend time together for our familys i think spencer had a good birthday party i have put some pics on here .

Cavendish

Free Member
Aug 10, 2008
England
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since September 2008
I've been wondering how you all got on over there. Disneyland Paris at Christmas time looks magical. My girls would absolutely love it [and I would.....and Matt would]! :roflmto:

OP
OP
robinmclaren

robinmclaren

Free Member
Feb 23, 2009
coventry , warwickshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
we are back, van drained and in storage and just packing stuff away

terry it was a real pleasure to spend time with you and your family over the new year and what a place to do it , i think spencer would have come home with you as got rarther attached to the boys , good job nicky drinks jd , how is the dinasor egg going

interesting !!! drive back through the snow , will post pics as soon as downloaded them

we hit snow on m25 as well

davidejm caught up with us friday afternoon and met errpaul briefly friday evening but were just putting spencer to bed so a bit short on time , nice to meet you both and hopefully tie up earlier next time for a chat and drink

we ran fine on 1 x 13kg propane bottle with lots left , showers only on in the day and not evenings or early morning

honda ran as expected ( quiet and reliable ) terry has a b&q genny that started and ran admarably and quieter than a kippor , maybe this is the way forward

DavidEJM

Free Member
May 31, 2009
Oxfordshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Hi guys. We got back safe and sound on Saturday evening despite a bit of a false start with the van battery going flat and not starting the van! Jumped off the leisure batteryin the end and no problems since - turns out we'd switched the 12v power over to the 'car' battery and we used it ot watch TV and power up the lights in the morning :ROFLMAO:

Good to meet up with you Robin, sorry we didn't see anyone else but as you said, maybe later in the year.

Our children definately enjoyed the trip though we were a bit travel weary having only landed in the UK from Xmas in the sun the day before driving to Disney.

Happy New Year to all funsters and we must work out a way to meet up in 2010.

David & (ever growing) family

Terry and Nicola

Free Member
Sep 8, 2008
Thornton
Funster No
MH
Exp
Hi david

HI DAVID
i did not no it was you trying to start your van i did come over to see if you were ok but you did have your head under the bonnet.I did speak to you in the toilet area to see if you had got it going .glad you got back ok

Dec 7, 2009
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun Ti
Exp
Since Dec 2009
Dlp

This is my first post on this site - finally plucked up the courage to chip in! We took delivery of the new MH just before xmas and cannot wait for an opportunity to get out for the first time! We have been tugging for years and have made the 'natural' progression!!

This thread has me captivated - we love all things Disney, we just know that we are going to love the MH - and all of this in my favorite place - France! We have been to DLP several times but always in the (very expensive) hotels. The chance to combine a quick Disney fix with a french trip is very appealing.

I'm sorry if I missed it earlier but can anyone please give me details about the parking? We also have 2 dogs - does anyone have experience of putting them in the kennels for the day so that they can visit the parks or go into Paris? Any information would be appreciated.

I must now get myself over to the 'introductions bit' to introduce myself - better late than never!

Terry and Nicola

Free Member
Sep 8, 2008
Thornton
Funster No
MH
Exp
disney parking

HI OwnedbyCollies
First off all happy new year to you and what are your first names .Iam very new to this site only been on it 2 or 3 month there is lots off info on it .
We have just come back from disney as you no most off us on here can fill you in on what you need to no .
parking has gon up to 15e a night. Depending on how many times you go a year ie if you 2 or more weeks a year you need to get an Annual Passport 129e gets you in 335 days or 189 e gets you 365 days a year you get free parking with the 2
tolls cost 32 e each way and takes 3 to 4 hours me and robin did the non toll on the way back which wil take 5 to 7 hours depending how many times you stop which did save on fuel and toll cost and was fun hay robin .

Terry and Nicola

Free Member
Sep 8, 2008
Thornton
Funster No
MH
Exp
kennels

also the kennels is 7 e a day we did as them if we could look round the kennels for next time we want to take our dog but they said no

errpaul

Free Member
Feb 27, 2009
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
11 yrs
We got back late last night after stopping at the in-laws for dinner.
We stayed in Dover on the way back after getting a very late ferry. We stopped just past Marine Parade which is free between 1800 - 0900 and is then charged at 80p per hour every day inc Sun and bank hols. The good thing is that you can pay the night before...for example we arrived at around 0330, and paid our money which kicked in at 0900. So our £2.40 took us until 1200hrs.

Disney was awesome as always and we didn't wanna come home, and actually left later than planned, meaning I had to go on to the tolls part way to be able to make up time and make the ferry, (which we only just caught).
Our van is below 3.5 t so thought toll would be at class 1 car rate, but as it's over 2m high it is class 2 and so around 50% more than expected.....ah well.

Van hasn't made it onto the driveway yet as been feeling unwell and this would require defrosting and moving 2 cars 1st. Means the van is gonne be all frozen up again:cry:

We used 2 6kg bottles of gas and started the 3rd on the last day. So 3 1/2 days out of 6kg. Didn't cook in the van but kept the heating on low 24/7. Oh...and boiler broke (won't ignite) after 2 days, which wasn't exactly ideal:cry:

Managed to speak to Robin briefly but it was difficult to catch people as we didn't take laptop.

We parked towards the front end of the car prk right next to the toilet block....and next to smeone that thought that starting their gennie at 1am was reasonable!!! They did switch it off when asked though.

Our gennie was not exactly great and although it topped up he batteries it kept tripping out when I plugged anything in so not happy with it.....no ideawhat the problem was.

All in all though a great holiday and lots of money saved from the usual stay in a hotel so well happy and looking forward to the next trip there.:thumb::thumb:

poonamt93

Free Member
Jan 5, 2010
Funster No
The last time I was there on New Year's Eve, crowd control and security were woefully inadequate, the resort was hopelessly overcrowded, in part with people I'd rather not meet, and my friend passed out from the crowding in Disney Village and their security people did nothing (they did not appear to have any paramedics on duty).

Perhaps the situation has changed, but I never go to Disneyland Paris on New Year's Eve or other holidays that attract the wrong kind of crowd from the 'burbs. :Smile:

Jan 13, 2008
Cardiff
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma
Exp
Since 2008
not sure if a vets but there are kennels at entrance to park , give them a call and i am sure they can help

good luck

:Blush:

We did make it and taking your advice we called into the kennels at Disney and they were very helpful. They didn't have the information on hand but took the trouble to find it out for us. VERY impressed :thumb:

I'll get the vets name from the motorhome next time I'm in it and report back more fully when i get the time. :winky:

Sorry we didn't bump into anyone but didn't realise there would be quite so many motorhomes and didn't take the laptop to log into the forum :Doh:

Cavendish

Free Member
Aug 10, 2008
England
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since September 2008
We did make it and taking your advice we called into the kennels at Disney and they were very helpful. They didn't have the information on hand but took the trouble to find it out for us. VERY impressed :thumb:

I'll get the vets name from the motorhome next time I'm in it and report back more fully when i get the time. :winky:

Sorry we didn't bump into anyone but didn't realise there would be quite so many motorhomes and didn't take the laptop to log into the forum :Doh:

We'd be interested to know the vet details too. :thumb:

Terry and Nicola

Free Member
Sep 8, 2008
Thornton
Funster No
MH
Exp

HI Tandy
Were did you park your rv in the car park

Jan 13, 2008
Cardiff
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma
Exp
Since 2008
We were about 6 rows back from the toilet/shower building in between 2 other rv's.

A great idea and we wouldn't have thought of going if it hadn't been for your posting.:thumb:

Thanks......where are you planning to go next? :winky:

smith123

Free Member
Dec 23, 2009
st helens
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
not long
we went before christmas with tommy and if you are going back next year we will join you

Terry and Nicola

Free Member
Sep 8, 2008
Thornton
Funster No
MH
Exp
next trip

HI Tandy
Was that your first trip in your rv to disney how did you find it .I did see you .You must have been 2 rows behind me i was to your left and robin was a row in front off me .
My next trip will be up scotland to ski not sure when poss when when i got some money in will just stop in one off the car parks.
I do hope to go back to disney in the next 4 or 5 months with not having to pay to get in or park it works out cheap .We are going to orlando for 2 weeks in october so need to keep my cost down a bit on my hols .
Have you got any plans for hols

Terry and Nicola

Free Member
Sep 8, 2008
Thornton
Funster No
MH
Exp
next trip

we went before christmas with tommy and if you are going back next year we will join you

HI SMITH 123
Will be planning a trip in the next 4 months not told my wife yet lol .it would be good if as many motorhomes as poss to go and we could all pack to each outher .the last trip i only met robin and this family and we spent all most 2 days with them in the park and had a great time keen to meat many motorhomers as poss.

smith123

Free Member
Dec 23, 2009
st helens
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
not long
cant do it again in the next 5 months as we have to save up for croatia(tommys tour)

tommytli

Funster
May 26, 2009
lancashire
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
since july 07
cant do it again in the next 5 months as we have to save up for croatia(tommys tour)

you making it sound like a commercial tour col:ROFLMAO: we are just going exploring, we are also up for a trip at new year to disney cant do the 1 in 4months because as smith123 says we are going to start saving for our trip to croatia

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back