D and F double skillet

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Greenacres, Mar 5, 2014.

1. Greenacres

Greenacres Funster

Has anyone ordered, received or even been able to make contact with the suppliers of the double skillet, D and F Promotions, in 2014?
    I have paid for mine but despite emailing several times and trying different telephone numbers, have not elicited a reply, to find out when the product might be dispatched. Thanks in advance for any helpful responses. I want to give them the benefit of the doubt before going to PayPal Resolution Centre.

2. Armytwowheels

Armytwowheels Funster Life Member

Hi
    If you search on here for double skillet your find a few threads where people, including myself have all gone though the same scenario with this company.

Make a note of the deadline to get your money back through Pay Pal as chances are you will need to claim.

3. Greenacres

Greenacres Funster

Thankyou Army two wheels. It was because I read other peoples' comments that I felt that I might have lost my money. I have now contacted PayPal and hope they can resolve the dispute. I have noted your comment regarding the time frame. Thankyou.

4. JackieP

JackieP Funster

I ordered the large skillet and diffuser a month ago. Last week I had an email from Frances to say she was refunding some of the postal charges and putting our purchases in the post. Since then, nothing.

It's a strange way to run a business it has to be said.

5. chaser

chaser Funster

Where do these skillits come from, do they make them? Or do they just fetch them from somewhere when they got a few orders, they must be somewhere else, can't someone else get them, if they are in France or holland or somewhere close, I'd fetch em if there was a demand:thumb::thumb:

6. simbadog

simbadog Funster

There must be a lot of potential business opportunity going to waste! The way that business is run is absolutely appalling :Sad:
    I would buy one in normal circumstances but refuse to deal with a company like that :Eek!:

7. bigfoot

bigfoot Funster

This issue has been rumbling on for over 18 months,someone investigated and the pans were made somewhere in the Midlands. They asked and were refused to supply directly,they must have a sole traders contract with D & F.
    It was reported that Frances's partner died after a long illness, coupled with her relocation and attendant communication problems. Also has anyone considered that the manufacturer may be experiencing supply chain problems?

8. ShiftZZ

ShiftZZ Funster Life Member

Frances Foulds
    D & F Promotions
    Greenways Farm
    Flaxlands
    Carleton, Rode
    Norfolk
    NR16 1AD TEL: 01953 789175 – 07798783858

Mobile number appears valid..

9. chaser

chaser Funster

Do any of the Norfolk contingent know this place, anyone been to see her, as the previous poster said , I would be interested if there wasn't all this hoo ha surrounding them, and as I said I would be happy to take them on, and if they are in the midlands thats better than ever if they only want picking up and sending , what can be the problem?

10. UK Pete

UK Pete Read Only Funster

I bought a second hand one a few weeks back, but at the same time i ordered a new one from D&F promotions, i then read all the posts about them being out of business so i tried to contact them by email and found that the email address is no longer valid, so i opened up a paypal dispute to see if they could be contacted that way, no response from them, but get this i had a knock on the door this morning and parcelforce delivered me my double skillet, so they must be still operating in some sort of way, i have to say it is an awful way to run a business but if the lady has had the problems as people have described then i can understand a little bit, anyway the bottom line is mine turned up today and i am really happy
    pete

11. Armytwowheels

I would be very interested in running this business but there's no way to get in touch with her to see if she wants to sell it. How do you value a business that is so badly run, presuming she doesn't keep much in stock judging by the haphazard way people receive their orders. I am surprised Pay pal don't strike her off.

12. JackieP

JackieP Funster

Yes, I've considered that. But I've also considered that any kind of business would email the customers who have paid to tell the there would be a delay.

I know there have been personal issue but these occured a long time ago. Business is business and you're either in it or out of it. There's no discount offered for poor service, we are still expected to pay full price for a business service and we're not getting it.

• Like Like x 3
  13. bigfoot

bigfoot Funster

Are these the old or new details?
    Double Skillet
    D & F Promotions
    The Barn
    Stoneacre Farm
    Matts Hill Rd (Near Hartlip)
    Sittingborn
    Kent
    ME9 7XA

Tel/Fax: We are currently moving office
    orders@doubleskillet.com

14. Janine

Janine Funster Life Member

Is the design of the skillet patented?

If not, would it be possible to take one to a suitable manufacturer for an estimate for producing them?

15. catspyjamas

catspyjamas Funster

There certainly seems to be a demand for the product!

On an aside, I'm really excited as I've just ordered a small halogen oven for the motorhome. It'll be such a boon when I'm on hookup. Can't wait to have my meal possibilities extended! :thumb:

• Like Like x 2
  16. Armytwowheels

Oh no, I have a halagan oven looking for a new home, you could have had mine.:Doh:

17. cronkle

cronkle Funster

• Like Like x 1
  18. Greenacres

Greenacres Funster

It only requires a short email to put a customers mind at rest, and promote good customer relations.

• Like Like x 1
  19. John Laidler

John Laidler Funster

How deep are your pockets? Tooling costs would probably be at least £10K upwards I think, and that's before you've even sold one and to do that you will need to advertise heavily - a few more thousands committed.

The design is probably registered at the very least but there are ways round things like that, a patent agent could advise. But this is a niche product and it is never going to sell in large numbers and if the existing company sorts itself out or is sold you will have competition.

• Like Like x 1
  20. simbadog

simbadog Funster