Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
I received my order today and an apology from Frances for the wait. She said it was late as she had moved house and her broadband had not been connected until now. Hope this helps those of you still waiting for your orders.

Encouraged by the last couple of orders turning up, I ordered one yesterday.
Fingers crossed.........
my-fingers-are-crossed-smiley-emoticon.gif

Allan

Sep 12, 2012
Wengen
Funster No
MH
A/S Broadway EL 2021
Exp
Since 2010
Well after considerable investigation I have a question: Do I actually need one???????
I have a full oven & grill, what will the fabled double skillet actually do for me?
:Confused:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Well after considerable investigation I have a question: Do I actually need one???????
I have a full oven & grill, what will the fabled double skillet actually do for me?
:Confused:

If I had a full oven and grill in my van, then no I wouldn't bother with the double skillet. Effectively you are buying two big frying pans with deep sides. It is the combination of a diffuser, and the lip on one of the pans that enables them to form a hob top oven. Which means us poor unfortunates, with our European motorhomes who don't have ovens, find them useful.

I have all the must have gadgets for ovenless campers.
*Halogen Oven - now never used since purchasing the items below
*Remoska and accompanying inverter
*Double Skillet and diffuser

For me the best out of all of them is the Remoska, with a good leisure battery and a smallish inverter this can be used without hook-up

Having said all that, if storage was really tight I would go for the double skillet, it can be an oven, a frying pan, a slow cooker if used with the diffuser. It is light and well made with a good non-stick coating which means very little, if any, oil is needed. The only trick is getting hold of them :Doh:

UK Pete

Free Member
Jan 16, 2014
kent
Funster No
MH
Renault van conversion
Exp
on/off since 1991in campervanss
Can anyone help me , i need a copy of the double skillet recipe book

pete

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Can anyone help me , i need a copy of the double skillet recipe book

If I remember rightly some people who have got one have said they are not very good ...

nigglynelly

Free Member
Jul 31, 2009
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Having said I had received my order I have now discovered it is faulty. The top pan doesn't sit on the lower pan as the bracket that holds the handle has been attached in the wrong place so there is a big gap when they are used in stacking mode.
I already have an older pan and my first impression of the new pans was that the quality of the non stick coating has gone down too.
Dohhhhhh

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since 1987
Ordered a small one on FRIDAY, its arrived TODAY... Well done...

Well impressed with that, we ordered ours on Thursday. It was the large one, so might be here tomorrow :winky:

Allan

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since 1987
:yeah:

Guess what came today?

Broken Link Removed

Not the best quality but I am sure it will earn its keep.

Allan

Nov 5, 2011
Gironde, France
Funster No
MH
A-Class
Exp
5 years
Double-Skillet Orders

As a born optimist who has already had a PayPal refund for a small double-skillet & recipe book that never arrived (!!!), please tell me those who have been successful:

1. What did you order?

2. How did you order?

3. How did you pay?

Wondering what I did wrong & feeling quite envious.

Thanks,

Roger

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since 1987
Look at their website HERE

You can order off the website and pay with Paypal. Thats why I did.

Allan

PS, we used ours today to cook cheesy potato.

Yum..........

Last edited:
Nov 5, 2011
Gironde, France
Funster No
MH
A-Class
Exp
5 years
Did you successfully order just the Small Double-Skillet? Is that the trick?!

We ordered the Small Double-Skillet AND the cookbook AND the hot-plate & got nothing other than a PayPal refund!

gypsyrose

Free Member
Jun 22, 2008
Mid Glamorgan
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
30 years plus
Awaiting more replies to this post, was just about to post re double skilletts, I need a new bottom pan..... any offers in good condition, please?!! :Doh:

Aug 20, 2014
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
2 years
Has anyone ordered, received or even been able to make contact with the suppliers of the double skillet, D and F Promotions, in 2014?
I have paid for mine but despite emailing several times and trying different telephone numbers, have not elicited a reply, to find out when the product might be dispatched. Thanks in advance for any helpful responses. I want to give them the benefit of the doubt before going to PayPal Resolution Centre.
Saw one of these advertised on Proidee.co.uk price around £25

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Saw one of these advertised on Proidee.co.uk price around £25
Similar (see below) but not the same as not as deep and I suspect the aluminium won't be as thick, plus it doesn't have the glass lid for when you want to 'stack' them to cook that way - I can't tell if they will still 'stack' if you have a suitable lid you can use to 'mimic' the double skillet; obviously the handles won't come off either. However due to the lack of availability of the 'real' thing it would seem to offer an alternative.

http://www.proidee.co.uk/concept-st...KOMME_VON=suche_factfinder&FLAG_SIS_WECHSEL=0

I MAY be looking to sell my original double skillet but until I have tried out my 'alternative' pans when we go on holiday for a few weeks I won't know for sure!

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back