Greenacres

Free Member
Jan 10, 2013
Stoke on Trent
Funster No
MH
Burstner Travel Van t620
Exp
13 years since retirement and many younger years as a Hippy in a VW conversion, roaming the Greek Is
Has anyone ordered, received or even been able to make contact with the suppliers of the double skillet, D and F Promotions, in 2014?
I have paid for mine but despite emailing several times and trying different telephone numbers, have not elicited a reply, to find out when the product might be dispatched. Thanks in advance for any helpful responses. I want to give them the benefit of the doubt before going to PayPal Resolution Centre.

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Has anyone ordered, received or even been able to make contact with the suppliers of the double skillet, D and F Promotions, in 2014?
I have paid for mine but despite emailing several times and trying different telephone numbers, have not elicited a reply, to find out when the product might be dispatched. Thanks in advance for any helpful responses. I want to give them the benefit of the doubt before going to PayPal Resolution Centre.

Hi
If you search on here for double skillet your find a few threads where people, including myself have all gone though the same scenario with this company.

Make a note of the deadline to get your money back through Pay Pal as chances are you will need to claim.

OP
OP
Greenacres

Greenacres

Free Member
Jan 10, 2013
Stoke on Trent
Funster No
MH
Burstner Travel Van t620
Exp
13 years since retirement and many younger years as a Hippy in a VW conversion, roaming the Greek Is
Thankyou Army two wheels. It was because I read other peoples' comments that I felt that I might have lost my money. I have now contacted PayPal and hope they can resolve the dispute. I have noted your comment regarding the time frame. Thankyou.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

JackieP

Free Member
Mar 10, 2010
Isle of Man
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2006
I ordered the large skillet and diffuser a month ago. Last week I had an email from Frances to say she was refunding some of the postal charges and putting our purchases in the post. Since then, nothing.

It's a strange way to run a business it has to be said.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Where do these skillits come from, do they make them? Or do they just fetch them from somewhere when they got a few orders, they must be somewhere else, can't someone else get them, if they are in France or holland or somewhere close, I'd fetch em if there was a demand:thumb::thumb:

Sep 12, 2012
Wengen
Funster No
MH
A/S Broadway EL 2021
Exp
Since 2010
There must be a lot of potential business opportunity going to waste! The way that business is run is absolutely appalling :Sad:
I would buy one in normal circumstances but refuse to deal with a company like that :whatthe:

Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
started when I was 11 with my parents-forgot to stop!been real one since 1980!
Where do these skillits come from, do they make them? Or do they just fetch them from somewhere when they got a few orders, they must be somewhere else, can't someone else get them, if they are in France or holland or somewhere close, I'd fetch em if there was a demand:thumb::thumb:
This issue has been rumbling on for over 18 months,someone investigated and the pans were made somewhere in the Midlands. They asked and were refused to supply directly,they must have a sole traders contract with D & F.
It was reported that Frances's partner died after a long illness, coupled with her relocation and attendant communication problems. Also has anyone considered that the manufacturer may be experiencing supply chain problems?

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
Frances Foulds
D & F Promotions
Greenways Farm
Flaxlands
Carleton, Rode
Norfolk
NR16 1AD TEL: 01953 789175 – 07798783858

Mobile number appears valid..

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Do any of the Norfolk contingent know this place, anyone been to see her, as the previous poster said , I would be interested if there wasn't all this hoo ha surrounding them, and as I said I would be happy to take them on, and if they are in the midlands thats better than ever if they only want picking up and sending , what can be the problem?

UK Pete

Free Member
Jan 16, 2014
kent
Funster No
MH
Renault van conversion
Exp
on/off since 1991in campervanss
I bought a second hand one a few weeks back, but at the same time i ordered a new one from D&F promotions, i then read all the posts about them being out of business so i tried to contact them by email and found that the email address is no longer valid, so i opened up a paypal dispute to see if they could be contacted that way, no response from them, but get this i had a knock on the door this morning and parcelforce delivered me my double skillet, so they must be still operating in some sort of way, i have to say it is an awful way to run a business but if the lady has had the problems as people have described then i can understand a little bit, anyway the bottom line is mine turned up today and i am really happy
pete

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
I would be very interested in running this business but there's no way to get in touch with her to see if she wants to sell it. How do you value a business that is so badly run, presuming she doesn't keep much in stock judging by the haphazard way people receive their orders. I am surprised Pay pal don't strike her off.

JackieP

Free Member
Mar 10, 2010
Isle of Man
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2006
Also has anyone considered that the manufacturer may be experiencing supply chain problems?

Yes, I've considered that. But I've also considered that any kind of business would email the customers who have paid to tell the there would be a delay.

I know there have been personal issue but these occured a long time ago. Business is business and you're either in it or out of it. There's no discount offered for poor service, we are still expected to pay full price for a business service and we're not getting it.

Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
started when I was 11 with my parents-forgot to stop!been real one since 1980!
Frances Foulds
D & F Promotions
Greenways Farm
Flaxlands
Carleton, Rode
Norfolk
NR16 1AD TEL: 01953 789175 – 07798783858

Mobile number appears valid..

Are these the old or new details?
Double Skillet
D & F Promotions
The Barn
Stoneacre Farm
Matts Hill Rd (Near Hartlip)
Sittingborn
Kent
ME9 7XA

Tel/Fax: We are currently moving office
orders@doubleskillet.com

Jul 26, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
since May 2010
Is the design of the skillet patented?

If not, would it be possible to take one to a suitable manufacturer for an estimate for producing them?

There certainly seems to be a demand for the product!

On an aside, I'm really excited as I've just ordered a small halogen oven for the motorhome. It'll be such a boon when I'm on hookup. Can't wait to have my meal possibilities extended! :thumb:

OP
OP
Greenacres

Greenacres

Free Member
Jan 10, 2013
Stoke on Trent
Funster No
MH
Burstner Travel Van t620
Exp
It only requires a short email to put a customers mind at rest, and promote good customer relations.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Is the design of the skillet patented?

If not, would it be possible to take one to a suitable manufacturer for an estimate for producing them?

How deep are your pockets? Tooling costs would probably be at least £10K upwards I think, and that's before you've even sold one and to do that you will need to advertise heavily - a few more thousands committed.

The design is probably registered at the very least but there are ways round things like that, a patent agent could advise. But this is a niche product and it is never going to sell in large numbers and if the existing company sorts itself out or is sold you will have competition.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
The only proper solution is one of these sort of things:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_krwRY3k_OA"]Dometic SMEV Oven for your Motorhome - YouTube[/ame]

But ovens are gadgets which seem to divide people. Some have them but never use them for anything other than somewhere to store pots and pans, others, like us, use them a lot. And some people murder their food in double skillets! :ROFLMAO:

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
We have a full built in oven in ours, one of the first things we were looking for in a van, use it all the time

OP
OP
Greenacres

Greenacres

Free Member
Jan 10, 2013
Stoke on Trent
Funster No
MH
Burstner Travel Van t620
Exp
Hot off the press!!
PayPal have just refunded my money in full so for me that is the end of the double skillet saga. Thankyou all for your contributions so now a halogen oven to consider whilst on hook up.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Sad end though. Got your money back but not the product you wanted. No doubt all will become clear about the future of the company in due course.

JackieP

Free Member
Mar 10, 2010
Isle of Man
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2006
How strange is this?

My double skillet arrived in this afternoon's post.

Why mine arrived and others haven't I just don't know but I was very glad to see it.

I still think it's a funny way to run a business though. :)

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
How about this as an alternative..

Link Removed

or this

Broken Link Removed

Maybe they would be okay as they aren't the 'thin' type as in the previous link - you need a bit of thickness to the pan otherwise it will just burn everything. It really depends on what you intend to cook - you will be able to do 'shallow' stuff in these but not something like a roast chicken as you can in the double skillet as it is much deeper. However if you just want it for toasted sarnies and maybe small jacket spuds, small (funny shaped!) pizzas etc then they might do the trick.

I can't tell if the first one separates, if not it therefore can't be used as 2 separate pans, whereas the second definitely does and, due to the shape, it may be useful on a small MH cooker, rather than standard domestic large frying pans anyway.

Last edited:

nigglynelly

Free Member
Jul 31, 2009
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
I received my order today and an apology from Frances for the wait. She said it was late as she had moved house and her broadband had not been connected until now. Hope this helps those of you still waiting for your orders.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back