Cmc fees šŸ˜± (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
WoodysTravels
Jul 25, 2022
Funster No
MH
bailey
Just looked at cmc member rate for 4 nights in brighton in june not school hols they want 46.40pnight for hardstand pitch without awning two people 7.5m mhome are they having a laugh!! Think ill canx mship if they are charging those prices rather go abroad!
Dont understand why people keep saying its good and comparing to a b and b, no disagree i only compare hotels, self catting etc to a bandb. Motorhoming or caravanning is completely diff , its not about affordability its about not being ripped off, the point im making i always either do ccc or cmc but now will go to places like wooda in bude for less but has more on park. I made right decision to spend 10 weeks of winter in spain and not tour uk as i wld normally. Last aug sept we toured scotland no where nr 50 quid pnight. Yes elec gone up but none of us use 10 quid p day!!! Come on!

frenchie 79

Free Member
May 11, 2021
Funster No
MH
c class
Just looked at cmc member rate for 4 nights in brighton in june not school hols they want 46.40pnight for hardstand pitch without awning two people 7.5m mhome are they having a laugh!! Think ill canx mship if they are charging those prices rather go abroad!
Only d
Advantage with cmc is if you canā€™t go and have to cancel trip they will keep your deposit and you can use it again.Non cmc sites you loose deposit.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Shrimp

Funster
May 27, 2015
Bedfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
Long time
Cancelled CMC few years back, still pay for CCC digital, we havenā€™t used a proper site for years we use the CSs and THSs.

May 7, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2003
Yes elec gone up but none of us use 10 quid p day!!! Come on!
Are you sure? Remember most sites are paying commercial electricity rates, not the 34p our domestic rate is currently capped at. Try visiting a metered site and using electric heating in the winter, you might well find you can easily rip through more than Ā£10 a day. Then add the cost of people trying to heat their awning with a fan heater. You are also paying for the heating and hot water in those nice shiny washrooms, often run from a big Calor tank. Calor prices have gone up three times in the last year.

I am not trying to defend the Clubs but right now I wouldnā€™t want to be running a campsite with full facilities, remember they are businesses. The word ā€œClubā€ doesnā€™t make them any different from other businesses.

My personal preference is CLs and CSs where I am not paying for facilities I donā€™t need. If you donā€™t like the price donā€™t book it, we all have choice.

Nov 9, 2022
Whitestone, Hereford, UK
Funster No
MH
Knaus 650 MEG
Exp
Impossible not to notice how hard both clubs are pushing their static caravan (they call them lodges of course) through adverts etc.
It looks as though they have moved the goalposts to me, getting more and more like businesses with financial growth as their prime driver rather than serving their touring membership.
I dropped CAMC during the Covid chaos, kept CCC (insurers always ask if I belong to a club), had to book four separate sets of ferry crossings and on one occasion I actually managed to book through the CCC and get some discount - their website and app are both pretty well useless and it takes them 3-4 days to call back if you have a query so this may be my last year with them.

Jul 18, 2009
Manchester UK + Javea/Xabia Spain + Abu Dhabi
Funster No
MH
HYMER B644
Exp
4 night Monday to Friday in a hotel is circa Ā£300 for anything half decent.

There is a lot of complaining about prices of campsites. But that is the market price.

The site in Brighton looks to be a good location. Looks like a reasonable rate to me. The site has to cover costs.

If it helps, in 2000 it cost me Ā£95 to fill my car with diesel. I did the same yesterday, Ā£158.

DT

Dec 27, 2020
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner 690G
Exp
Boats Caravans & Motorhomes for 25 years
Fees are fees don't mind paying if good value. Plenty of sun Ā£25 per night locations with CMC.

Jan 23, 2022
Cornwall, UK
Funster No
MH
Swift 686
Exp
Escaping since 2012
In nearly 14 years of being a member I have only stayed at two CCC sites and one CAMC site. However.....
As a CCC member there are hundreds of meets all over the country at some really nice sites, costing anywhere between Ā£7 and Ā£15 a night.
With CAMC I have had amazingly cheap insurance quotes, the money saved has more than offset the membership.

BikerGraham

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 19, 2021
Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
Funster No
MH
Autograph 75-2
Exp
camping and caravanning since a kid. New to motorhomes
just booked two CCC sites for long weekends. On hardstanding and with electric

Moffat in March was Ā£79.20 for 3 nights
Beadnell Bay in April was Ā£96.90 for 3 nights.

The Beadnell site seems a bit pricey at Ā£32.30 per night but its in a fantastic location and I've thought about staying on it for years. This will be the first time though and looking forward to it.

the thing is, the UK is a relatively expensive place for many things. But we just spend a few weekends each year here. Most of the rest of the time is across the water, where sites are much more reasonable.

May will be in France

Jul 18, 2009
Funster No
MH
HYMER B644
Exp
just booked two CCC sites for long weekends. On hardstanding and with electric

Moffat in March was Ā£79.20 for 3 nights
Beadnell Bay in April was Ā£96.90 for 3 nights.

The Beadnell site seems a bit pricey at Ā£32.30 per night but its in a fantastic location and I've thought about staying on it for years. This will be the first time though and looking forward to it.

the thing is, the UK is a relatively expensive place for many things. But we just spend a few weekends each year here. Most of the rest of the time is across the water, where sites are much more reasonable.

May will be in France
same here if you see my previous posts

May 13, 2016
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
eight years in theory, a newby in practice!!!
Just wait till they bring in the 'tourist tax' in Wales :whistle2:

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Only d

Advantage with cmc is if you canā€™t go and have to cancel trip they will keep your deposit and you can use it again.Non cmc sites you loose deposit.
I don't think that's the case thesedays .....you'll lose your deposit if you cancel within 21 days. There's lots of very upset members in the CAMC FB groups.

I just feel sad that it's too expensive to have a few cheeky days away if i fancy it thesedays.......

stevewagner

LIFE MEMBER
May 14, 2013
Pevensey Bay
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Yonks
4 night Monday to Friday in a hotel is circa Ā£300 for anything half decent.

There is a lot of complaining about prices of campsites. But that is the market price.

The site in Brighton looks to be a good location. Looks like a reasonable rate to me. The site has to cover costs.

If it helps, in 2000 it cost me Ā£95 to fill my car with diesel. I did the same yesterday, Ā£158.
I donā€™t think you can compare motorhoming and hotels as itā€™s a completely different experience. Also I donā€™t think the Brighton site is in a particularly good location as itā€™s a fair way to the beach or the city and you will need another form of transport or get a bus.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
next week is Ā£38.60 a night for 2 people -
& how much for a solo?
Is an Airbnb cheaper
Mine was .
we have kids and are stuck with the holidays.
Do what we did .Don't have holidays.
not the 34p our domestic rate is currently capped at.
& why is it still at that price when electric costs have been falling here in spain for months ? Why is UK electric production linked to gas prices which have also plumetted over the same period to the extent that the gov.es cap on lpg price was never even reached & is consistently falling.,

I look at prices as can 7 nights be funded out of a Uk state pension whilst paying for the usual domestic costs? No? then the prices are too dear.

Jul 18, 2009
Funster No
MH
HYMER B644
Exp
I donā€™t think you can compare motorhoming and hotels as itā€™s a completely different experience. Also I donā€™t think the Brighton site is in a particularly good location as itā€™s a fair way to the beach or the city and you will need another form of transport or get a bus.
Don't I know it. When our Motorhome broke down, I was gutted that I had to stay in a Ā£300 a night hotel our Insurers paid for.

I mean that. It was okay for a posh night, on Belgiums only hill. But ruined our ad-hoc MoHo Trip for two weeks.

Nov 9, 2022
Whitestone, Hereford, UK
Funster No
MH
Knaus 650 MEG
Exp
Just wait till they bring in the 'tourist tax' in Wales :whistle2:
Thatā€™s before we get into the mile after mile of 20mph limits imposed miles outside villages & towns, this is the country where they spent a decade and billions of pounds to make the Heads of the Valley road safer then decided it was too dangerous and imposed a 50 mph speed limit, now they want to ban greyhound racing, beautiful country, brilliant people, just over the border for me but we just donā€™t go any more except on business.

Oct 18, 2022
South West
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Since 1992
There's a fair bit of antipathy (CAMC til I die types notwithstanding)

Yes, donā€™t get it. Seems to be members whoā€™ll pay whatever and be glad for the opportunity. I tried to follow a recent ā€˜debateā€™ about prices on Club Together, but itā€™s a farce, about 4 pages of comments and 90% ā€˜content removedā€™! Whatā€™s the point?

Sep 2, 2014
Near Colchester, Essex
Funster No
MH
Burstner Nexxo
Exp
12 years
Yes, donā€™t get it. Seems to be members whoā€™ll pay whatever and be glad for the opportunity. I tried to follow a recent ā€˜debateā€™ about prices on Club Together, but itā€™s a farce, about 4 pages of comments and 90% ā€˜content removedā€™! Whatā€™s the point?
The CMC seems to have lost a bit of direction.
Sadly somebody has got to pay for all the empty Tents, Yurts, Pods etc they are putting up on good pitches, for non members to use.

Apr 11, 2022
Somerset UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker
Exp
Since 2016
Given the prices being charged now, I see little point in staying in blighty if you have a trip of 3 weeks or more planned. Easily recoup the cost of the ferry, better pot hole free roads, less congestion, often cheaper diesel, easy to find LPG, cheap wine, free or low cost aires, ACSI rates on some very decent campsites and better weather. Sad to say we only use our van in the UK for short breaks, otherwise its over the water.

Dec 19, 2020
The salty bit of Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2017
I've been following that thread. The number of 'likes' on the removed posts suggest that they struck a chord with a fair number of subscribers. CAMC do have a rather draconian censorship regime. perhaps the removed observations were a bit too close to home.

MichaelT

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 12, 2015
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Esprit I7150 EB
Exp
Since 2016
Yes elec gone up but none of us use 10 quid p day!!! Come on!
We were away in the van on Saturday so on Thursday I washed it and filled with water etc. So to make sure the boiler dump valve stayed put i plugged in and put the heating on Mix2 setting as well as the fridge. We have smart meter and normally when I get up we have used about 84p worth, on the Friday we had used about Ā£3.60 and by tea time over 7 quid. This was just having heater in 15 degrees so on a commercial tariff it would be easy to use well over a tenner a day especially if cold and you have one of those cookers with a hotplate!

Oct 18, 2022
South West
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Since 1992
I've been following that thread. The number of 'likes' on the removed posts suggest that they struck a chord with a fair number of subscribers. CAMC do have a rather draconian censorship regime. perhaps the removed observations were a bit too close to home.

Yes, but wouldnā€™t it be nice to let subscribers make up their own minds instead of just habitually deleting anything and everything?

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
So what do you get for a Ā£22. Just a spot in a field?
Ehu, water and grey and black waste point. Of course it's cheaper on a French aire but they are a bit scarce in Mid-Wales which is where I need to be at that time.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back