Cmc fees 😱 (1 Viewer)

Apr 3, 2018
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
1995-2004 & 2017》
Yes indeed... heading North (Scotland) in a few weeks and checking out some sites.... the CCC and CAMC are all around that price.... and as we all know you are required to take leccy....
However small sites are around £20 to £30 BUT you get choice if you want leccy or not and ok admittedly they want £6 to £8 / night for leccy but even so still cheaper...

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
Happy Birthday Lol GIF by Brenroy

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Can't see the problem. The price is the price and it will be based on market demand and costs to run the site. Brighton is very popular. We've stayed there a few times in winter and it was always busy.

This week I booked a CMC site in Wales for July and it is just under £22 a night which for July seems a reasonable price. No toilet block, so we will use our own. :)

Jan 16, 2014
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Rapido 854f
Exp
Since 2012
Just looked at cmc member rate for 4 nights in brighton in june not school hols they want 46.40pnight for hardstand pitch without awning two people 7.5m mhome are they having a laugh!! Think ill canx mship if they are charging those prices rather go abroad!
We go along the coast either way a bit and uses buses.V good service

Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
Just looked at cmc member rate for 4 nights in brighton in june not school hols they want 46.40pnight for hardstand pitch
I'm a 4th generation Brightonian, still live within 10 miles but avoid it like the plague. It would cost FROM £32.95 just to park the car from 10 to 4. :rolleyes:

1675519699712.png

Last edited:
Feb 11, 2017
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740FC
Exp
Club sites are not normally the cheapest and being a member just means youve paid extra to belong to a 'club' .
They used to be a hell of a lot cheaper than they are now! Baltic Wharf in Bristol next week is £38.60 a night for 2 people - high season is over £52 a night. They’re pricing themselves out of the market.

Sep 29, 2019
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis
Exp
20 years
So you have to change your location and/or date of travel 🤷‍♂️.

Is an Airbnb cheaper
No idea about air BnB, we haven’t looked.

Can’t change the date of travel, we have kids and are stuck with the holidays. This to me is another example of squeeze corporate greed. Every last penny must be gained even at the long term cost of the business. Sure all the people who got caravans and campers in lock down will soon get rid and where does that leave the CAMC? If they charged a reasonable price then they might become long term custom, but nope, squeeze em dry!

We do however use CL’s a lot which are nearly always excellent and much better priced, in fact, the only reason I pay the membership.

May 30, 2013
Vale of Glamorgan, Barry, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
Since 2010
Like many others we have enjoyed several stays at Baltic Wharf as it is very convenient for Bristol. The saga of the lease has been going on for years and I suppose it will eventually be lost to the Club. I have just been looking at a couple of nights in the spring and was shocked to see the prices.
After my initial shock I started thinking about it and compared the prices with B&B etc. They would cost more especially if you take parking into account. However, it seems that caravanning/motorhoming is no longer as economical as it used to be and no doubt will price some out of the market, which is a shame and may bring an end to the boom in sales and popularity.
As many have said, it makes one wonder if the club really is run for its ordinary members and I am reconsidering my membership after well over 30 years.
However, there is a saying “don’t cut off your nose to spite your face” and I will probably stay as I can afford it. I just feel sad as when the family were young and we were less well off caravanning enabled us to have great holidays and I’m afraid this will be now denied to many.

Oct 9, 2019
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
FUNSTER in a PVC
Can't see the problem. The price is the price and it will be based on market demand and costs to run the site. Brighton is very popular. We've stayed there a few times in winter and it was always busy.

This week I booked a CMC site in Wales for July and it is just under £22 a night which for July seems a reasonable price. No toilet block, so we will use our own. :)
Is this a CL site 5 pitches ?

Feb 14, 2021
Milton Keynes, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 727G
Exp
19 month year 18000 miles UK, Ireland, France, Spain, Germany, Italy. Campsites and off Grid.
Just looked at cmc member rate for 4 nights in brighton in june not school hols they want 46.40pnight for hardstand pitch without awning two people 7.5m mhome are they having a laugh!! Think ill canx mship if they are charging those prices rather go abroad!

To be fair, it's a LOT less than you can get any cheap and nasty B & B in Brighton for and your parking is included so it's actually a bargain! However, I have just cancelled my booking on the 24th Feb. We're going to park up/sleep somewhere on the sea front for free.

I'm a 4th generation Brightonian, still live within 10 miles but avoid it like the plague. It would cost FROM £32.95 just to park the car from 10 to 4. :rolleyes:

View attachment 713255

There are lots of places a couple of miles out of the centre you can park for free. We do this and cycle in.

They used to be a hell of a lot cheaper than they are now! Baltic Wharf in Bristol next week is £38.60 a night for 2 people - high season is over £52 a night. They’re pricing themselves out of the market.

Just like my comment on Brighton. It's still a good price for staying in central Bristol if you compare with a cheap hotel/B&B and it is really nicely situated. They clearly aren't pricing themselves out of the market as they are still very busy - even at those prices.

Feb 14, 2021
Milton Keynes, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 727G
Exp
19 month year 18000 miles UK, Ireland, France, Spain, Germany, Italy. Campsites and off Grid.

So what do you get for a £22. Just a spot in a field?

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
you will continue to be ripped off,
You'll allow me to disagree, I don't feel ripped off in the slightest
As long as a site offers VFM [IMO], has the facilities I want, at a location that suits me etc etc, I am not being ripped off.
If I deem such a place too expensive, then I won't go, which also results in no rip off.

I'd prefer to spend a few quid rather than be in the middle of nowhere, in a windswept field where the only facilities are a standpipe & a hole in the ground.

Apr 3, 2018
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
1995-2004 & 2017》
I'd prefer to spend a few quid rather than be in the middle of nowhere, in a windswept field where the only facilities are a standpipe & a hole in the ground.
And that is the beauty of this wonderful hobby we all share...
We all differant.... give me a standpipe & a hole in the ground over a city center location any day...
Each to their own..👍👍👍👍

Jun 21, 2020
Huntingdon ish.... the rundown backwater
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2007
The prices have shot up a) due to the vat being reapplied at full rate after the Covid reduction and b) increase in energy prices too..... although being cynical and seen some TV news slots where some are saying they need to make back what they lost when shut due to covid. Now ...we noticed the much higher prices when in Devon with the granddaughter last August, not just on the site ( Brixham) but everywhere in the area. We tend not to go to tourist "hotspots" but have a few CAMC favourite sites like Castleton. Mrs is warming to CL sites more since last Easter on a last minute booking on a site in Norfolk at £15 a night, pretty sure it will be slightly more to reflect EHU. Personally we can do without it as we've refillable gas and decent Leisure battery set up and wish there would be an opt out option or metered on CAMC. It also looks like the CAMC are pushing fully serviced pitches more too as they are installing more. Surely there is a case for free or small fee Aires in towns and villages..... If only there was the local political will....... Safe Travels

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back