Caravan Club site Edinburgh

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by eddievanbitz, Dec 29, 2014.

1. eddievanbitz

eddievanbitz Trader - Funster

Will take this up with the CC when I get back from our trip around the Highlands, but according to the "warden" on the Edinburgh CC site, Motorvans" have to use the "motorvan" point to even get water. Hoses are not allowed to be used from a normal tap and they present a "trip" hazard (even when they adjacent to the frozen coily hook up lead lol. I pointed out that "A" I would be present and that "B" no one else should be walking around my van so no trip hazard was present.

The warden agreed that the ban on using hoses for "motorvans" (sic) was not in the rule book, but he did offer to show me the email he'd written to Head Office suggesting that the use of hoses was banned for "motorvans" lol

The Caravan Club is getting worse and worse I fear.

Up in Inverness now so Happy New Year to everyone

Eddie & Lyn

• Like Like x 9
  2. camocam1

camocam1 Read Only Funster

Hi Eddie
    Must've recent as stayed there 2 months back and had 2 hoses joined together which wardens saw and didn't say anything

3. camocam1

camocam1 Read Only Funster

Where in Inverness are you Eddie

4. Pat4Neil

Pat4Neil Read Only Funster

I was there for three weeks this year. I filled up with the hose from the normal taps all the time, no problems. We had some health issues whilst there and found the wardens and manager to be fantastic. Maybe you just caught the wrong one on the wrong day.
    Neil

5. Mikey RV

Mikey RV Funster

Don't you go getting any ideas for Cornish farm. :xrofl:

• Like Like x 2
  6. Brian and Jo

Brian and Jo Funster Life Member

hi Eddie,well we will be there in august for the Tattoo and my hosepipe will be well and truly out:xThumb::xlaugh:
    Brian & Jo

• Like Like x 1
  7. Shovelheadrob

Shovelheadrob Read Only Funster

We just stayed at the recently renovated Strathclyde Country Park site just outside Hamilton & no problems there, they even have fully serviced pitches with your own water, waste & TV point, so 2 hoses, 1 EHU cable & 1 TV cable, I'm surprised that no one died with all that lot to trip you up!

• Like Like x 2
  8. lorger

lorger Funster

Hi Eddie hope your enjoying your trip in Scotland, if your staying at Colluden cc site then it's worth a visit to the battle fields you can walk round for free if you don't want the earphones. I personally wouldn't recommend the Loch Ness Monster exhibition, if your through in Nairn you can wild camp on the harbour.

• Like Like x 1
  9. dpsuk999

dpsuk999 Funster

Which pitch number was you on? We are here now and was on one of the fully serviced pitches (number 12) until this morning when we had to move to 61 (just opposite the toilet block) and was going to run the hose pipe from the fresh water tap on the toilet block to fill the van but from the sound of it, you was stopped from doing so?

10. Badknee

Badknee Funster

Sounds like I picked the right club then, I was tempted to join the CC but joined the C&CC instead.

11. Taran_Las

Taran_Las Funster

Burrs Park had this rule 2 years ago.:xsurprised:

12. stephen harwood

stephen harwood Funster

You and family have nice time you were so helpfull about my oyster system regards steve. Ps still could not sort it will see you innew year

• Like Like x 1
  13. Melian

Melian Funster

We are still at Edinburgh CC site until 2nd Jan, We are on a full service pitch, came back from a day in city to find fuse tripped only to fined site had electricity problems while we were out,The site is only half full but meant to-be full 230+
    Warden came around to all vans asking us to use Gas for heating and water, I bet we do not get any refund for not using electric,!!

The warden said the incoming mains were over heating, I think the CCC have a few questions to answer here,

Ian

• Like Like x 2
  14. f6c

f6c Funster

Eddie, Please let us know the outcome.;)

15. stephen harwood

stephen harwood Funster

Hi eddy have nice time which club do you think I should join daughters crimbo present to us regards steve

16. dpsuk999

dpsuk999 Funster

Hi Ian,

"Knock knock, it's the warden here........." That's what we had last night too asking us to run our heating on gas as problems with the electric!!

The Hobby caravan at the side of us did let slip that every time they tried boiling a kettle it tripped and then this morning I saw him borrowing a hook up cable so it could have been one of the reasons, his hook up cable!

We were on a fully service pitch but have had to move as they are full for new year, so moved opposite the showers etc.

17. Minxy Girl

Minxy Girl Funster Life Member

When we were at Southport many years ago and the electric was playing up we had the cost of our fees for the affected nights refunded in full ... might be worth contacting them.

18. Debs

Debs Funster

Over the years we've had problems at one or two of their sites, Leek but particularly Black Knowl, that used to be terrible...never got a refund

19. eddievanbitz

eddievanbitz Trader - Funster

We were on pitch 30 and our mates were on 31 at the Edinburgh site. In a pub in Edinburgh, we met a bar lady who told us that her Sister owned a pub in Inverness. Quick phone call later the bar lady had sorted us out for an over nighter in Inverness

Now on a beach in Lossiemouth

Tis all good :)

• Like Like x 2
  20. Melian

Melian Funster

It was most probable his kettle not his lead, he is using a household kettle not a low voltage one !!!

We are on pitch 54, will be going into the city for hogmany later