LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
Will take this up with the CC when I get back from our trip around the Highlands, but according to the "warden" on the Edinburgh CC site, Motorvans" have to use the "motorvan" point to even get water. Hoses are not allowed to be used from a normal tap and they present a "trip" hazard (even when they adjacent to the frozen coily hook up lead lol. I pointed out that "A" I would be present and that "B" no one else should be walking around my van so no trip hazard was present.

The warden agreed that the ban on using hoses for "motorvans" (sic) was not in the rule book, but he did offer to show me the email he'd written to Head Office suggesting that the use of hoses was banned for "motorvans" lol

The Caravan Club is getting worse and worse I fear.

Up in Inverness now so Happy New Year to everyone

Eddie & Lyn

camocam1

Free Member
Aug 28, 2012
Elgin,Moray,Scotland
Funster No
MH
bailey approach 760 se
Exp
since 2012
Hi Eddie
Must've recent as stayed there 2 months back and had 2 hoses joined together which wardens saw and didn't say anything

Pat4Neil

Free Member
Sep 28, 2008
Essex
Funster No
MH
Mercedes
Exp
7 years
I was there for three weeks this year. I filled up with the hose from the normal taps all the time, no problems. We had some health issues whilst there and found the wardens and manager to be fantastic. Maybe you just caught the wrong one on the wrong day.
Neil

Mikey RV

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 7, 2010
Devon
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance I821G
Exp
Since 1977
Will take this up with the CC when I get back from our trip around the Highlands, but according to the "warden" on the Edinburgh CC site, Motorvans" have to use the "motorvan" point to even get water. Hoses are not allowed to be used from a normal tap and they present a "trip" hazard (even when they adjacent to the frozen coily hook up lead lol. I pointed out that "A" I would be present and that "B" no one else should be walking around my van so no trip hazard was present.

The warden agreed that the ban on using hoses for "motorvans" (sic) was not in the rule book, but he did offer to show me the email he'd written to Head Office suggesting that the use of hoses was banned for "motorvans" lol

Eddie & Lyn

Don't you go getting any ideas for Cornish farm. :xrofl:

Brian and Jo

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 24, 2007
oswestry,shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class N+B Arto 88F
Exp
Been motorhoming for 15yrs.had an American RV for 7yrs,Now got a Niesmann Bischoff Arto 88F

Eddie & Lyn
hi Eddie,well we will be there in august for the Tattoo and my hosepipe will be well and truly out:xThumb::xlaugh:
Brian & Jo

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Shovelheadrob

Free Member
Jul 13, 2014
Funster No
MH
Soon to be 5th wheeler
Exp
On & off for 20 years
We just stayed at the recently renovated Strathclyde Country Park site just outside Hamilton & no problems there, they even have fully serviced pitches with your own water, waste & TV point, so 2 hoses, 1 EHU cable & 1 TV cable, I'm surprised that no one died with all that lot to trip you up!

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Hi Eddie hope your enjoying your trip in Scotland, if your staying at Colluden cc site then it's worth a visit to the battle fields you can walk round for free if you don't want the earphones. I personally wouldn't recommend the Loch Ness Monster exhibition, if your through in Nairn you can wild camp on the harbour.

Jun 6, 2012
Leeds
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2012
Which pitch number was you on? We are here now and was on one of the fully serviced pitches (number 12) until this morning when we had to move to 61 (just opposite the toilet block) and was going to run the hose pipe from the fresh water tap on the toilet block to fill the van but from the sound of it, you was stopped from doing so?

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
Sounds like I picked the right club then, I was tempted to join the CC but joined the C&CC instead.

Nov 2, 2014
somerset
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
You and family have nice time you were so helpfull about my oyster system regards steve. Ps still could not sort it will see you innew year

Nov 26, 2007
Exeter
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Since 2006
We are still at Edinburgh CC site until 2nd Jan, We are on a full service pitch, came back from a day in city to find fuse tripped only to fined site had electricity problems while we were out,The site is only half full but meant to-be full 230+
Warden came around to all vans asking us to use Gas for heating and water, I bet we do not get any refund for not using electric,!!

The warden said the incoming mains were over heating, I think the CCC have a few questions to answer here,

Ian

Nov 2, 2014
somerset
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
Hi eddy have nice time which club do you think I should join daughters crimbo present to us regards steve

Jun 6, 2012
Leeds
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2012
We are still at Edinburgh CC site until 2nd Jan, We are on a full service pitch, came back from a day in city to find fuse tripped only to fined site had electricity problems while we were out,The site is only half full but meant to-be full 230+
Warden came around to all vans asking us to use Gas for heating and water, I bet we do not get any refund for not using electric,!!

The warden said the incoming mains were over heating, I think the CCC have a few questions to answer here,

Ian
Hi Ian,

"Knock knock, it's the warden here........." That's what we had last night too asking us to run our heating on gas as problems with the electric!!

The Hobby caravan at the side of us did let slip that every time they tried boiling a kettle it tripped and then this morning I saw him borrowing a hook up cable so it could have been one of the reasons, his hook up cable!

We were on a fully service pitch but have had to move as they are full for new year, so moved opposite the showers etc.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138

Ian
When we were at Southport many years ago and the electric was playing up we had the cost of our fees for the affected nights refunded in full ... might be worth contacting them.

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Over the years we've had problems at one or two of their sites, Leek but particularly Black Knowl, that used to be terrible...never got a refund

OP
OP
eddie

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
We were on pitch 30 and our mates were on 31 at the Edinburgh site. In a pub in Edinburgh, we met a bar lady who told us that her Sister owned a pub in Inverness. Quick phone call later the bar lady had sorted us out for an over nighter in Inverness

Now on a beach in Lossiemouth

Tis all good :)

Nov 26, 2007
Exeter
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Since 2006
It was most probable his kettle not his lead, he is using a household kettle not a low voltage one !!!

We are on pitch 54, will be going into the city for hogmany later

lunarman

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1994
Hi Ian hope you are having a good time. See you changed your user name. See you in the new year

John

camocam1

Free Member
Aug 28, 2012
Elgin,Moray,Scotland
Funster No
MH
bailey approach 760 se
Exp
since 2012
That the West Beach beside the golf club Eddie
You can park up overnight there no problem
If you are lucky you may get an aurora tonight as forecast moderate

themountaintiger

Free Member
Sep 27, 2009
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki 649C Class
Exp
Since 24th March 2010
Hi Ian,

"Knock knock, it's the warden here........." That's what we had last night too asking us to run our heating on gas as problems with the electric!!

The Hobby caravan at the side of us did let slip that every time they tried boiling a kettle it tripped and then this morning I saw him borrowing a hook up cable so it could have been one of the reasons, his hook up cable!

We were on a fully service pitch but have had to move as they are full for new year, so moved opposite the showers etc.

I'm also currently at Edinburgh CC as well, and also had the knock on the door a couple of nights back. To be fair he didnt say go on gas, but did say try to reduce usage. The guy with the kettle might have overloaded his motorhome. I remember in my newbie days, I had the heating on top whack at "2000", telly on, some lights on and then boiling kettle I kept tripping electric.. Soon learnt to put heating down to "500" whilst boiling kettle. Not tripped it since. Not sure if it was just him tripping electric cos it must have been 6-7 times before man came knocking..

T

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back