AVTEX 19" /. AMAZON FIRESTICK (3 Viewers)

Feb 23, 2021
BURY ST. EDMUNDS
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 670 SLT
Exp
Since 2002
We have a 2020 Avtex 19" TV and Firestick. The Firestick works fine off the TV's USB port - and that includes having done software updates and app downloads when out and about using a tethered connection to my phone.
We have the same. Works perfectly. Usually do updates at home on main TV before leaving. Much quicker.

Stonemags76

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2011
Derbyshire Dales
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleepers Warwick Duo
Exp
Full Time 2011-2013, now part timers!
Anyone got any iteration of Firestick to operate the volume on the Avtex tv by using the Firestick remote?
No! Tried everything! Would love to know if anyone has actually done it?

kevenh

Free Member
Jun 1, 2019
Thatcham
Funster No
MH
Compass C-Class
Exp
I'm a Progressing Newbie
OP
OP
tinkerbell
Jan 30, 2014
Midlands
Funster No
MH
IH 630 FL
Exp
For abroad, I’m using a RWG phone sim in a Huawei router and watching tv using a 4K Firestick and it’s mean working well .
I do have a satellite dome but at the moment that has an issue, so not working, I’m glad I have the Firestick.
Also with the Firestick you don’t need any subscriptions because there’s enough free stuff available.
Hi, only just picked up msg, it went into junk mail, as did my free tickets for kings concert and now to late to get, anyway, i to have. Huawei router and a 4k Firestick and RWG phone sim, have got all working at home, just have to get away to use it.

OP
OP
tinkerbell
Jan 30, 2014
Midlands
Funster No
MH
IH 630 FL
Exp
I think it doesn't work with Avtex tvs,something to do with licencing rights maybe.
We have the Avtex soundbar and that has a separate controller. Excellent bit of kit.
It worked with Avacet - the first to on the list, then it picked up sound bar too.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
tinkerbell
Jan 30, 2014
Midlands
Funster No
MH
IH 630 FL
Exp
Thanks for all help, as said my messages seem to have gone into junk, so have only just picked them up.
Got it working now, just need to go away and try it out.

OP
OP
tinkerbell
Jan 30, 2014
Midlands
Funster No
MH
IH 630 FL
Exp
You do it through the blue tooth instead of sound bar - volume control then should work, turn on TV FIRST

Jul 18, 2010
Bournemouth and Gibraltar
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2003
Trying to plug in my firestick to my Avtec w153d

I can only find the usb for one of the connections on my firestick. (I have the usb for the cabled end but cannot find a usb/slot for the actual firestick connector. Photo attached)
IMG_0531.jpeg

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks

Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Trying to plug in my firestick to my Avtec w153d

I can only find the usb for one of the connections on my firestick. (I have the usb for the cabled end but cannot find a usb/slot for the actual firestick connector. Photo attached)View attachment 804954

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks
Sadly it doesn’t look like that tv has the required HDMI socket , I think you would need something like this but obviously check first
1694001364971.png

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
We have an old Avtex TV....and a recent model Firestick....quite often I might get a message to say insufficient USB power...I just ignore it, afterall I'm human and I have control over such devices and machines, not visa versa...
Firestick is brilliant, loads of Data to support it and I cannot fault it.... I've got a Oyster Sat on the roof that I'm thinking of converting...
to a rotary washing line, whilst it's spinning around it might as well be drying my socks. 😂🇪🇦

Jul 18, 2010
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2003
I’ve found usb for both ends of the firestick, cable and gadget on my digital Humax recorder.
However, I haven’t got a clue how to switch over to the firestick from normal tv.

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
I’ve found usb for both ends of the firestick, cable and gadget on my digital Humax recorder.
However, I haven’t got a clue how to switch over to the firestick from normal tv.
Select source.....not Tomatoe, Chilly or Brown..
USB, HDMI or Other...

Jul 18, 2010
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2003
This cannot be done with an Avtex TV, according to Avtex.
I’m trying to do it through my Humax digital recorder where there are slots for both ends of the firestick cable.
It’s just that I didn’t know how to activate firestick on it. Will try Jumar’svsuggedtion.
Thanks all.

May 4, 2023
Funster No
MH
Just looking
No! Tried everything! Would love to know if anyone has actually done it?
Just come across this post.
I dislike having 2 controllers but cannot find a way to link the Firestick remote to the Avtex volume or TV power.
My solution came about by accident after installing a Switchbot Mini Hub to control other IR devices.
The Switchbot hub can be set up to control the Avtex using the IR learning process and then linked via Amazon Echo to do most things on the TV by voice.
Unfortunately the Switchbot has no Bluetooth output so cannot control the Firestick.
It's a bit clunky to set up the commands (using Alexa scenes) but it works well.

Apr 7, 2022
34390 Saint-Étienne-d'Albagnan, France
Funster No
MH
Chausson Welcome 70
Exp
When they’re on sale, the 4K Fire TV Stick is not much more than the best HD only option.
Looking today though, there’s been a price hike on them.
View attachment 743467

I’d wait for a sale.
Or if you don’t have or plan to have Amazon Prime, look at the similar Roku range:
View attachment 743468

FWIW, there’s likely to be a Prime Video app for Roku. TBC
Amazon usually do a good discount on black friday if you can wait that long.

I have had a firestick "brick" when it failed doing an update, so I would be tempted to power it separately if you are not sure about you tv, and people are correct about it drawing more current during updates.

May 4, 2023
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Just come across this post.
I dislike having 2 controllers but cannot find a way to link the Firestick remote to the Avtex volume or TV power.
My solution came about by accident after installing a Switchbot Mini Hub to control other IR devices.
The Switchbot hub can be set up to control the Avtex using the IR learning process and then linked via Amazon Echo to do most things on the TV by voice.
Unfortunately the Switchbot has no Bluetooth output so cannot control the Firestick.
It's a bit clunky to set up the commands (using Alexa scenes) but it works well.
You can also use the phone App manually if you prefer and saved taking the massive Avtex controller with you.

Dec 25, 2022
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail EKS
Exp
Since 1994
Yes, the 4K stick is faster, & seems to pick up signals better I think? Any will fit your tv - had two Avtex tvs - an old one (2011] & a brand new one - and have just plugged a Firestick in & it works - always plugged into usb. As long as you have data (from phone, wifi or MiFi) it will detect it & play (after you’ve put the wifi password in)!
Do you find that you can watch ITVX without any problem? I don't have the 4K version firestick, just The Firestick (not lite) with an Avtex TV and we are having great difficulty with watching the world cup rugby matches. I have it plugged directly into a 240 v socket and have a very strong 5bar wifi signal from our Avtex mifi. Other Firestick apps work fine, it's just ITVX. Any feedback will be gratefully received.

Stonemags76

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2011
Derbyshire Dales
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleepers Warwick Duo
Exp
Full Time 2011-2013, now part timers!
ITVX is a pain in the bum! It’s the only one we have trouble with! Never had a problem with the old ITV Hub. You can’t change the quality to use less data either - I hate it!

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Do you find that you can watch ITVX without any problem? I don't have the 4K version firestick, just The Firestick (not lite) with an Avtex TV and we are having great difficulty with watching the world cup rugby matches. I have it plugged directly into a 240 v socket and have a very strong 5bar wifi signal from our Avtex mifi. Other Firestick apps work fine, it's just ITVX. Any feedback will be gratefully received.
ITVX is a bit clunky, considering it's fairly new, it fails to perform like iPlayer etc..

Dec 25, 2022
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail EKS
Exp
Since 1994
ITVX is a bit clunky, considering it's fairly new, it fails to perform like iPlayer etc..
Youre right there. It's dreadful. I hope they can improve it soon.

Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Strange it was one of the worst app on my Firestick but seems to work fine now apart from the ads which I doesn’t play, but that’s a bonus

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back