Anyone on here own a Wildax?, Thoughts please. (1 Viewer)

Jul 3, 2023
Poole, Dorset, UK
Funster No
MH
Autosleepers Symbol
As mentioned in my introductory post I own a 20 year old A/S Symbol. The insides are still in great condition but it is falling apart everywhere else. I don’t want another Autosleeper because in my opinion,although they were the best British converter, they have now gone from bad to worse.
Wanting one of the new vans with the low emissions, I have ordered a Wildax Pulsar which on the surface looks good, solar panel, lithium battery, diesel water heater, 90ltr compressor fridge, the only lpg used is on the cooker with a 20ltr uderslung tank should last years.
I am now having second thoughts about this having heard some bad tales about the quality of the fittings.
I’m not an occasional user, before Covid & the Brexit disaster I was living in the van 5-7 months of the year.
So if anyone on this forum owns a Wildax, I would extremely grateful for any information on this marque.

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
I am eager for information but was informed thus:- "Only members can see who's in the group and what they post"!
Hi.
I think that is the " Wildax Official Owners group "....... Formal ?

Whereas " Wildax Enthusiasts Group ".....OPEN HOUSE.
We are in both i think........................... Or where......... ;)
Tea bag

Upvote 0
Aug 9, 2020
Funster No
MH
Wildax
Exp
~20 years
I believe WEG is now a private group. But the admins do allow people who are interested in buying a wildax to join.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
Hi.
Had a Europa New took it back to Portugal,while visiting UK sink pipe blocked,rang Elland,spoke to Danny...... Danny " Where are you ?" me,told him we were at Belper... Danny " Oh good,can you get it up here in say about an hour we can fix it." and he did.
This one New 2016/17 ? " Our Conny 3.."... Imported over to here. Whats gone wrong since ownership...................................................
CHECK YOUR PAPERWORK ON HANDOVER Log book "MOTORHOME " and you have a " Certificate of Conformity " Did these two things spoil the van NO. Whenever we are sitting inside with the side door open,looking out on the world and the world coming into us............ What paperwork ? (y) (y)
Tea Bag.
PS. THINK size wise... What will carry a lot,will carry a little...........................

Upvote 0
May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
I absolutely refuse to join Facebook!
If you don't want to be on Facebook, then you are welcome to join the WildAx Owners' Group but only when you have ordered or bought a WildAx. Our 385 members certainly do not want to be on Facebook, so we are separate at https://groups.io/g/WildAx-Owners-Group. It's a bit fiddly but we are a friendly lot and have 2 meets a year, spring & autumn. However, you have to have ordered or bought first. I am one of 3 moderators. We have lots of Pulsar owners now.

Upvote 0
May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
Hi.
I think that is the " Wildax Official Owners group "....... Formal ?

Whereas " Wildax Enthusiasts Group ".....OPEN HOUSE.
We are in both i think........................... Or where......... ;)
Tea bag
I could check for you but we only use personal names so Can't search Teabag

Upvote 0
Aug 9, 2020
Funster No
MH
Wildax
Exp
~20 years
If you don't want to be on Facebook, then you are welcome to join the WildAx Owners' Group but only when you have ordered or bought a WildAx. Our 385 members certainly do not want to be on Facebook, so we are separate at https://groups.io/g/WildAx-Owners-Group. It's a bit fiddly but we are a friendly lot and have 2 meets a year, spring & autumn. However, you have to have ordered or bought first. I am one of 3 moderators. We have lots of Pulsar owners now.
Thank you for giving your time to moderate the group. It's a great resource, and I've learned loads from people on there.

Upvote 0
Jan 27, 2023
Cirencester, UK
Funster No
MH
Wildax Solaris XL
Exp
Brand new
We have a 2022 Solaris which is a 6.4m series 8 Ducato with 2 bunks and a double. We queued for a year for an Elddis CV80 with no end in site before abandoning them. Their FB group had a long list of doors falling off etc. FB groups always include dealers while the Wildax private one doesn’t. But it’s short on depth of content

We wanted 4 beds and seat belts so we can take the grandchildren out. But it gives me a 6’8” bed (I’m 6’3”) and we generally keep the upper bunk folded away.

There is a huge amount of storage. Those tambour door cupboards just work and there are lots of drawers and other cupboards. We like to cook so all the oils, herbs and stuff fit in easily. The drawer catches are a bit fragile so we have added some handles.

Wildax has changed ownership but there still seem to be people who answer questions. It’s a real uk registered company too. Elddis, Compass etc are merely brands of Hymer which is now a US entity.

We love our Wildax. It isn’t perfect but it’s a well-built well designed compromise with a flexible layout that suits our year-round needs.

Upvote 0
May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
Wildax has changed ownership but there still seem to be people who answer questions. It’s a real uk registered company too. Elddis, Compass etc are merely brands of Hymer which is now a US entity.

We love our Wildax. It isn’t perfect but it’s a well-built well designed compromise with a flexible layout that suits our year-round needs.
It has become part of the Rapido group but in name only. The previous staff are all still there with their knowledge and experience.

Upvote 0
Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
I could check for you but we only use personal names so Can't search Teabag
Hi.
This message will destruct 1 min 30 secs after you read it... YOUR EYES ONLY.......
" J D Peasmold Gunthunkeridge the fourth "
Clocks running. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
Tea Bag.............................Tarrrrrrrrrrrrrarrrrrrrrrrrrrr.;)

Upvote 0
May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
PS. the facebook group had a meetup in June. There were lots of Pulsars there.View attachment 777809
You may have seen my write up of our March Star camp meet at Bellingham in last months MMM.
Hi.
This message will destruct 1 min 30 secs after you read it... YOUR EYES ONLY.......
" J D Peasmold Gunthunkeridge the fourth "
Clocks running. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
Tea Bag.............................Tarrrrrrrrrrrrrarrrrrrrrrrrrrr.;)
Computer says no, we don't have anyone with such a silly name! You are clearly not a member of the Owners' Group

Upvote 0
Oct 18, 2014
Ellesmere Port, Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Wildax Solaris 6m PV
Exp
Tugging 1987-2012, Moho 2015-
We bought an ex-show Wildax Solaris in 2015 with 1400 miles on it (and it had not been slept in). Coming up to 8 years old, I can commend the build quality. A few initial niggles were dealt with very quickly by the factory. We found Wildax very easy to deal with and the van designs are practical and tested. Although our van still only has 15000 miles on thanks to the pandemic, it is tough and well built. The current Solaris XL 6.4m looks even better then our 6m Solaris with a bit more room and a larger fridge.

Upvote 0

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
WildAx Owners' Group
I've looked at the home page but can't find anything that tells me the 'benefits' (or whatever) of the group. I don't really want to find myself having to look at yet another source unless I can see what I can give to/ get from it. Any chance of a bit more info please???

Upvote 0
May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
I've looked at the home page but can't find anything that tells me the 'benefits' (or whatever) of the group. I don't really want to find myself having to look at yet another source unless I can see what I can give to/ get from it. Any chance of a bit more info please???
This may help
Current forum issues since 30 May include:
Tip up sink elbow leak
Europa toilet lock
Fridge on 12 v while driving
rear parking sensors
Rear seat belt
Spare wheel nuts

Other benefits are mainly the regular spring and autumn meets and the member database which gives model and location of owners and how to contact them.

• Thanks
Reactions: CWH
Upvote 0
Nov 9, 2021
Funster No
MH
ENC Fifer Touring XL
Exp
Since 2012
I believe WEG is now a private group. But the admins do allow people who are interested in buying a wildax to join.
Can’t seem to find this group on FB?

Upvote 0
Aug 9, 2020
Funster No
MH
Wildax
Exp
~20 years
Think it might have been removed? Can’t find it on FB at all….
Definitely still there.

The group is private, but visible. Just search for WildAx Enthusiasts Group

Upvote 0
Aug 9, 2020
Funster No
MH
Wildax
Exp
~20 years
1692192221630.png

Upvote 0
Nov 9, 2021
Funster No
MH
ENC Fifer Touring XL
Exp
Since 2012
How odd! Must be my FB settings 🙄

Upvote 0
Nov 9, 2021
Funster No
MH
ENC Fifer Touring XL
Exp
Since 2012
This is what I get when I click the link. Any ideas please?

IMG_7881.png

Upvote 0

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Go on FB and do a search by the magnifying glass for Wildax Enthusiasts Group. It is private, but not hidden

Upvote 0
Nov 9, 2021
Funster No
MH
ENC Fifer Touring XL
Exp
Since 2012
Go on FB and do a search by the magnifying glass for Wildax Enthusiasts Group. It is private, but not hidden
Yes, I’ve done that - says it doesn’t exist 🤷‍♂️

Upvote 0
Nov 9, 2021
Funster No
MH
ENC Fifer Touring XL
Exp
Since 2012
Apologies, don’t mean to go on about this but I am quite keen to join. Are we sure the group is visible and not hidden? If hidden, only current and former members can find it, or anyone who is invited to join. Is anyone on here an admin or can get in touch with one for me please? Sorry to be a pest….🙄

Upvote 0
Aug 9, 2020
Funster No
MH
Wildax
Exp
~20 years
Apologies, don’t mean to go on about this but I am quite keen to join. Are we sure the group is visible and not hidden? If hidden, only current and former members can find it, or anyone who is invited to join. Is anyone on here an admin or can get in touch with one for me please? Sorry to be a pest….🙄
You can see from the screenshot I posted above that it is set to visible (bottom right corner).

I've no idea why you cannot see it. Some quirk of FB? Does it work if you scan this QR code?

1692263485659.png

Upvote 0

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
If someone on here is willing to have you as a facebook friend, they can invite you to join, that might work. (Sorry, I don't "do" friends on facebook.)

Upvote 0
Nov 9, 2021
Funster No
MH
ENC Fifer Touring XL
Exp
Since 2012
That would be great - then they can ‘un-friend’ me (I won’t take offence 😂)

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back