anyone got a Burstner T680 with Truma...

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by movan, Feb 3, 2016.

1. movan

movan Funster Life Member

.... with a Truma heater with TWO control knobs please?

I thought I'd got it all sorted but it doesn't seem right. :(.

I thought my van could be used with gas, gas or electricity, or just electric hook up alone. The latter may not be the case and the instruction book after all its translation from one language to another several times does not make sense.

2. garjanco

garjanco Funster

Yes you can heat with elec only. If you post a pic of your control panel I'll explain. We have sold our MH (waiting for our new MH) so cannot remember off the top of my head without seeing it.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Zigisla

Zigisla Funster

I have been on the truma site and some models will only heat water with electric. Gas for both heating and water. You can use gas and electric for faster water, but again not heating. Which system do you have?

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Stealaway

Stealaway Funster

We have a T660 with those controls and you are right it can be confusing.

See -- There are more videos.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  5. movan

Thanks @zigis and @garjanco When I can get to the storage place I will photo the two controls. Thank you.

Thank you @Stealaway .. I think my control knobs have slightly different meanings to those as one is marked EHU for electric hookup. I would have thought that if on hook up I just used that and would be able to choose .. water, heater or water and heater but for some reason it doesn't seem to kick in unless I turn the gas knob too to the flame. Perhaps you, too, could comment when I post the photos at weekend.

6. GJH

GJH Funster Life Member

I can't remember what type of heater you have, Joy, but I think it might be a Trumatic C6002.

There is a user manual Here which might help. You have to scroll down past the German bit to find the English instructions starting on Page 9. Page 10 has pictures of the control knobs.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. movan

Thanks Graham. What is confusing me is that when I collected the van from the dealers, they said it could be used electric only when on hook up ... but when I switch the EHU to heat the water, or heating alone, or even water and heating ... nothing happens until I switch the other knob .. the gas one .. to the flame. I don't know whether it is a fault or not. I will have a look at the book at the mh and if it is the same as the one above then come back to you all if you don't mind my mithering you.

I recall asking you about this on the phone once, and you couldn't help without seeing the photos as I seem to recall you said your mh didn't do just electric alone.... so I now wonder whether the dealer had given me incorrect information.

I will put the photos on after the weekend when I can go up to the farm. Many thanks. :)

,,,, and thanks for all the other help when I get stuck too. Appreciated.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Dazzlin

Dazzlin Funster Life Member

Joy. We have the same boiler and it does work on elec only but is very quiet. It has to be on for a few hours to heat the van as the fan is feeble compared to gas. Gas = jet engine (man fart). Elec = gentle breeze (lady fluff).
    Stick it on elec for an hour then close all vents except one and you should be able to feel the gentle warm breeze.
    You can boost it with gas to get the van warm.
    Let us know how you get on.

• Like Like x 2
  9. movan

Thanks Lyn and Dazz ... can you tell me do you put the second switch to the flame sign or just leave it on 0 (off)?

10. GJH

GJH Funster Life Member

Ours is gas only, Joy. We can use a fan heater (or other electric heater) on hook-up don't have any built-in electric water or space heating.

11. Dazzlin

First to water or heating and water. Second to I for 900w or II for 1800w on just elec or I or II plus flame for elec and gas together for a boost then to just elec when warm.

Hope that makes sense. Even to you - lol. See you in the summer!

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  12. movan

Thank you. Yep it makes sense. I'll try it out when I can next get onto hook up ...

Ok next question, on the electric hook up at sites is it ok to use the 1800w setting?

13. Dazzlin

Yes, if you have enough in the meter!

• Like Like x 1
  14. movan

Hi @Zigisla been to the van and photo as below...

I think @Dazzlin may have it right and maybe I have just been too impatient when on hook up as nothing seemed to be happening. Maybe I have to wait for a while for it to actually appear to be doing something. :)

truma buttons.jpg

15. movan

Hi Graham, @GJH just to reiterate my comment re interpretation, someone told me and I cannot for the life of me remember who it was ... it might have been Burstner themselves ... that the Burstner manual is written in French... It is then translated into, say, German. It is then translated from the GERMAN to Chinese, and then from the CHINESE to the English (I might have got the countries in the wrong order :)) ...this means that by the time it is in English it is rather confused and particular mention was made of the heating instructions.

Don't know how true all that is ...

Thanks for the manual .. it fits in with what mine says and I think that I have been a little impatient waiting for something to happen. :)

• Like Like x 1
  16. Cyclewalkbob

Cyclewalkbob Funster

We have a T660 with the same controls. They work on both gas and electric.

Below are some very basic instructions so huge apologies if I am teaching you to suck eggs!

If you want just water on electric in summer ( which takes considerably longer to heat up than on gas or gas/ electric) turn the first knob to the 40 or 60degree with the two wavy lines underneath then turn the second knob to the one or two vertical lines - two lines mean faster heating.

For winter use turn the first knob down to the flame then the second knob
    down to the last of the flames. This heats water and the internal heating. It uses gas and electric to heat up quickly. Then if on hook up with 16amp turn second knob to the 1 one 2 wavy lines to run on electric. Play around with the controls till you find the best combination for you

• Useful Useful x 1
  17. Minxy Girl

Minxy Girl Funster Life Member

Is this any help Joy?

truma dials - jpg.jpg

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  18. movan

Hi Mel, Thanks. Yes, that was what I knew but for some reason when doing the electric only nothing was happening.. Apparently Dazzlin says there is quite a time delay though before it kicks in, so I probably have been a little too impatient for the heat to kick in. x

19. Minxy Girl

Minxy Girl Funster Life Member

The heating from the electric only is very slow and takes ages ... better to get it up to temperature first with gas and electric and then leave it just on electric.

• Useful Useful x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  20. GJH

GJH Funster Life Member

And then it has to be translated into Blonde :whistle: Lancastrian :D

• Funny Funny x 1