anyone got a Burstner T680 with Truma... (1 Viewer)

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
.... with a Truma heater with TWO control knobs please?

I thought I'd got it all sorted but it doesn't seem right. :(.

I thought my van could be used with gas, gas or electricity, or just electric hook up alone. The latter may not be the case and the instruction book after all its translation from one language to another several times does not make sense.

Feb 14, 2014
Ainsworth, Bolton, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2011
Yes you can heat with elec only. If you post a pic of your control panel I'll explain. We have sold our MH (waiting for our new MH) so cannot remember off the top of my head without seeing it.

Zigisla

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 24, 2015
Gosport, Hants
Funster No
MH
Sunlight A72
Exp
Getting better month by month.
I have been on the truma site and some models will only heat water with electric. Gas for both heating and water. You can use gas and electric for faster water, but again not heating. Which system do you have?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
movan

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Thanks @zigis and @garjanco When I can get to the storage place I will photo the two controls. Thank you.

Thank you @Stealaway .. I think my control knobs have slightly different meanings to those as one is marked EHU for electric hookup. I would have thought that if on hook up I just used that and would be able to choose .. water, heater or water and heater but for some reason it doesn't seem to kick in unless I turn the gas knob too to the flame. Perhaps you, too, could comment when I post the photos at weekend.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
I can't remember what type of heater you have, Joy, but I think it might be a Trumatic C6002.

There is a user manual Broken Link Removed which might help. You have to scroll down past the German bit to find the English instructions starting on Page 9. Page 10 has pictures of the control knobs.

OP
OP
movan

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Thanks Graham. What is confusing me is that when I collected the van from the dealers, they said it could be used electric only when on hook up ... but when I switch the EHU to heat the water, or heating alone, or even water and heating ... nothing happens until I switch the other knob .. the gas one .. to the flame. I don't know whether it is a fault or not. I will have a look at the book at the mh and if it is the same as the one above then come back to you all if you don't mind my mithering you.

I recall asking you about this on the phone once, and you couldn't help without seeing the photos as I seem to recall you said your mh didn't do just electric alone.... so I now wonder whether the dealer had given me incorrect information.

I will put the photos on after the weekend when I can go up to the farm. Many thanks. :)

,,,, and thanks for all the other help when I get stuck too. Appreciated.

Reactions: GJH

Dazzlin

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 31, 2012
La Marina, Costa Blanca.
Funster No
MH
1986 Hymer A Class
Exp
From 2013
Joy. We have the same boiler and it does work on elec only but is very quiet. It has to be on for a few hours to heat the van as the fan is feeble compared to gas. Gas = jet engine (man fart). Elec = gentle breeze (lady fluff).
Stick it on elec for an hour then close all vents except one and you should be able to feel the gentle warm breeze.
You can boost it with gas to get the van warm.
Let us know how you get on.

OP
OP
movan

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Joy. We have the same boiler and it does work on elec only but is very quiet. It has to be on for a few hours to heat the van as the fan is feeble compared to gas. Gas = jet engine (man fart). Elec = gentle breeze (lady fluff).
Stick it on elec for an hour then close all vents except one and you should be able to feel the gentle warm breeze.
You can boost it with gas to get the van warm.
Let us know how you get on.
Thanks Lyn and Dazz ... can you tell me do you put the second switch to the flame sign or just leave it on 0 (off)?

Dazzlin

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 31, 2012
La Marina, Costa Blanca.
Funster No
MH
1986 Hymer A Class
Exp
From 2013
Thanks Lyn and Dazz ... can you tell me do you put the second switch to the flame sign or just leave it on 0 (off)?
First to water or heating and water. Second to I for 900w or II for 1800w on just elec or I or II plus flame for elec and gas together for a boost then to just elec when warm.

Hope that makes sense. Even to you - lol. See you in the summer!

OP
OP
movan

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Thank you. Yep it makes sense. I'll try it out when I can next get onto hook up ...

Ok next question, on the electric hook up at sites is it ok to use the 1800w setting?

OP
OP
movan

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Hi @Zigisla been to the van and photo as below...

I think @Dazzlin may have it right and maybe I have just been too impatient when on hook up as nothing seemed to be happening. Maybe I have to wait for a while for it to actually appear to be doing something. :)

truma buttons.jpg

OP
OP
movan

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Hi Graham, @GJH just to reiterate my comment re interpretation, someone told me and I cannot for the life of me remember who it was ... it might have been Burstner themselves ... that the Burstner manual is written in French... It is then translated into, say, German. It is then translated from the GERMAN to Chinese, and then from the CHINESE to the English (I might have got the countries in the wrong order :)) ...this means that by the time it is in English it is rather confused and particular mention was made of the heating instructions.

Don't know how true all that is ...

Thanks for the manual .. it fits in with what mine says and I think that I have been a little impatient waiting for something to happen. :)

Oct 12, 2011
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
Since 2011 therefore I'm not a newbie anymore
We have a T660 with the same controls. They work on both gas and electric.

Below are some very basic instructions so huge apologies if I am teaching you to suck eggs!

If you want just water on electric in summer ( which takes considerably longer to heat up than on gas or gas/ electric) turn the first knob to the 40 or 60degree with the two wavy lines underneath then turn the second knob to the one or two vertical lines - two lines mean faster heating.

For winter use turn the first knob down to the flame then the second knob
down to the last of the flames. This heats water and the internal heating. It uses gas and electric to heat up quickly. Then if on hook up with 16amp turn second knob to the 1 one 2 wavy lines to run on electric. Play around with the controls till you find the best combination for you

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Is this any help Joy?

truma dials - jpg.jpg

OP
OP
movan

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07

Hi Mel, Thanks. Yes, that was what I knew but for some reason when doing the electric only nothing was happening.. Apparently Dazzlin says there is quite a time delay though before it kicks in, so I probably have been a little too impatient for the heat to kick in. x

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
The heating from the electric only is very slow and takes ages ... better to get it up to temperature first with gas and electric and then leave it just on electric.

Zigisla

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 24, 2015
Gosport, Hants
Funster No
MH
Sunlight A72
Exp
Getting better month by month.
Thanks @zigis and @garjanco When I can get to the storage place I will photo the two controls. Thank you.

Thank you @Stealaway .. I think my control knobs have slightly different meanings to those as one is marked EHU for electric hookup. I would have thought that if on hook up I just used that and would be able to choose .. water, heater or water and heater but for some reason it doesn't seem to kick in unless I turn the gas knob too to the flame. Perhaps you, too, could comment when I post the photos at weekend.
I think you may have had this covered already, but when you say turn the knob to the flame are you talking left hand dial on your pic above - Top on your set up I imagine. If you are, then don’t confuse this symbol for gas, it is a symbol for heating only or heating and water. For heating on EHU only:- left dial to flame and right dial to double wiggly line. Right for power source and left for what you want to heat, so if left dial to O then whole system is off.
Hope this helps and not further confused the issue.

OP
OP
movan

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
I think you may have had this covered already, but when you say turn the knob to the flame are you talking left hand dial on your pic above - Top on your set up I imagine. If you are, then don’t confuse this symbol for gas, it is a symbol for heating only or heating and water. For heating on EHU only:- left dial to flame and right dial to double wiggly line. Right for power source and left for what you want to heat, so if left dial to O then whole system is off.
Hope this helps and not further confused the issue.

Oh Thank you so much @Zigisla ... you don't know how relieved I am to read that post. THAT is what I have told people in the past who have started threads saying they don't know how to work EHU for electric only heating...... but I started to doubt myself after reading posts on another thread.... Brilliant. I was worried I had given others incorrect information ... but I hadn't and I will go back to my usual working of it. Thank you. :) :) :) Happy bunny here.

It must be really confusing for new owners, as it was for me, to have to turn a knob to flame which makes you think GAS because the OTHER knob is marked EHU.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back