Air Fryer Pros & Cons and advice on type (1 Viewer)

Apr 3, 2018
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
1995-2004 & 2017》
I'm famous in my family for my home made chips 😁

Peel'em.. cut'em.. deep fry'em, all that other nonsense adds nothing.
Maybe not... but you don't "deep fry" them in an Air Fryer... ??

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
We have just bought a Ninja AF300 just for us two it's absolutely brilliant, cooking in a fraction of the oven times have cooked the best mushrooms ever. roast potatoes Yorkshire puds, it is very versatile you would never entertain oven cooked chips 🍟 after air fryer results
We're you " big Boris" before the air fryer or as a result of,!

May 29, 2021
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Nuevo
We bought a Corsari 3.5l model, 1500W, a few weeks ago, mainly for use at home, amid much scepticism from my wife. We have found it useful several times a week - much quicker and simpler than using the Neff fan oven. We don’t usually bother with preheat, and guess the timings. Fryer came with a useful recipe book which serves as a good guide. Overall we’re both happy with the purchase, especially when you only have one dish to oven cook. And very easy to clean. Chips, bacon, salmon fillets, sausages etc all good. Also roasting tomatoes and other veg from the garden.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Who'd av thought a bloody dry baker/fryer whatever would have thingied 93 post's. Wonders never and all that.:LOL:;)
Similar popular it’ll come in handy threads in the past for Cadac and Remoska the latter we still use but sold the Cadac. Still considering a Quest pop up ;)

Feb 29, 2020
Worthing, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tribute
Exp
Hello. We bought the largest two-drawer ninja (for home, not the Moho). We are a household of vegetarians and meat eaters so needed separate drawers. It’s large enough to cook a small chicken in one of the drawers (which is great as only one meat eater in the house). It was expensive but we use it loads - the oven is rarely on. The chips, breaded chicken (which my son loves) and salmon are really lovely when cooked in it. No regrets from any of us!

Jul 4, 2017
Kent
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt C Class
Exp
Since 2015
I recently bought an Instant Pot combined pressure cooker and air fryer for home. Was so impressed I looked for a small air fryer for the MH. Robert Dyas was then selling the Instant Pot Mini air fryer for £40 so bought one. It’s great - very light, works a treat, easy to clean and tucks away in the garage when not in use, I highly recommend it. (I also have the Instant Pot mini pressure cooker in the MH too)…………….. Both very safe in the awning if necessary and can be used outdoors in good weather.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

BernieTony

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2012
Tamworth
Funster No
MH
Swift Champagne 684
Exp
Since October 2011
I'm reading this thinking about getting one but the thing is we never buy oven chips or breaded fish we cook from scratch.. Has anyone who cooks like that got one and how useful is it
We have been using air fryers for years. They all pack in over time. The ones with a basket are ok and definitely take up less room. We have one for our Moho. The cons are that if cooking chips you will need to turn them 2 or 3 times. For home use we have this one. But it takes us a lot of space and is quite heavy. However it’s way better than the Moho one. It has a paddle and a snacking basket.

Attachments

• 8355A246-3EC0-445C-AFB8-5810DF390BEB.png
    8355A246-3EC0-445C-AFB8-5810DF390BEB.png
    806 KB · Views: 20

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back