99 La Strada Avanti Electrics (1 Viewer)

K3n

Free Member
Jun 21, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Hi everyone.
I'm wondering if anyone can help me out with a couple of questions about electrics. First off, my van has three sockets, one of which is a conventional 240v three pin type, which is supplied with power when the van is connected to an electrical hook up. There are two others which I don't recognise but I'm guessing are alternative 12v supplies? Here's a pic
image.jpg
I don't have anything that looks like it'll fit in here- the top one is like a cigarette lighter socket, but smaller than the one in the cab. Do I need an adaptor, or I guess I could refit them both with a cigarette lighter type socket like the one in the cab? As this is where I'll plug in a 12v power supply for my laptop and maybe a 12v TV what's the best option?
I've got a couple of other electrics questions, but I'll keep it simple and put those in separate posts.

Cheers

Ken

OP
OP
K

K3n

Free Member
Jun 21, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Thanks @s20hymer It's a german LHD van so that makes sense. In that case, if it' possible I might get all three replaced with two UK 240v and a uk 12v. That way I'm only using one sort of plug for each.

Upvote 0

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
I use a rubber uk multi socket with continental 2 pin plug. Can fix or Velcro to surface if you want..

Love the recent Avanti... Nearly got one last year but could not squeeze a satisfactory deal:(

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

AvantiSusan

Free Member
Jun 7, 2022
Cornwall, UK
Funster No
MH
La Strada Avanti
Exp
Cut the faff, the bottom one is continental 240. Change it to a UK 13a socket. Adapters are awful. The round socket is 12v off the leisure battery. Suggest you change it to a 12v round double USB socket which will go in the same hole from China - via Ebay for about £5.00

Upvote 0
Jul 4, 2018
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg
Exp
A few years.
Nearly 7 year old thread......
Jim can we/you put a life on old thread to disable posting say after a year?

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back