99 La Strada Avanti Electrics

Discussion in 'The Beginner' started by K3n, Jul 1, 2015.

1. K3n

K3n

Hi everyone.
    I'm wondering if anyone can help me out with a couple of questions about electrics. First off, my van has three sockets, one of which is a conventional 240v three pin type, which is supplied with power when the van is connected to an electrical hook up. There are two others which I don't recognise but I'm guessing are alternative 12v supplies? Here's a pic
    image.jpg
    I don't have anything that looks like it'll fit in here- the top one is like a cigarette lighter socket, but smaller than the one in the cab. Do I need an adaptor, or I guess I could refit them both with a cigarette lighter type socket like the one in the cab? As this is where I'll plug in a 12v power supply for my laptop and maybe a 12v TV what's the best option?
    I've got a couple of other electrics questions, but I'll keep it simple and put those in separate posts.

Cheers

Ken

2. s20hymer

s20hymer Funster

looks like bottom one is 240 v continental ,...top one 12v continental but need adaptor

3. s20hymer

s20hymer Funster

you can get a continental to English adaptor to plug into bottom one 240v its up to you

4. K3n

K3n

Thanks @s20hymer It's a german LHD van so that makes sense. In that case, if it' possible I might get all three replaced with two UK 240v and a uk 12v. That way I'm only using one sort of plug for each.

5. Judge Mental

Judge Mental Funster Deceased RIP

I use a rubber uk multi socket with continental 2 pin plug. Can fix or Velcro to surface if you want..

Love the recent Avanti... Nearly got one last year but could not squeeze a satisfactory deal:(