99 La Strada Avanti Electrics (1 Viewer)

K3n

Free Member
Jun 21, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Hi everyone.
I'm wondering if anyone can help me out with a couple of questions about electrics. First off, my van has three sockets, one of which is a conventional 240v three pin type, which is supplied with power when the van is connected to an electrical hook up. There are two others which I don't recognise but I'm guessing are alternative 12v supplies? Here's a pic
image.jpg
I don't have anything that looks like it'll fit in here- the top one is like a cigarette lighter socket, but smaller than the one in the cab. Do I need an adaptor, or I guess I could refit them both with a cigarette lighter type socket like the one in the cab? As this is where I'll plug in a 12v power supply for my laptop and maybe a 12v TV what's the best option?
I've got a couple of other electrics questions, but I'll keep it simple and put those in separate posts.

Cheers

Ken

Jun 11, 2011
Somerset
Funster No
MH
hymer s820
Exp
you can get a continental to English adaptor to plug into bottom one 240v its up to you

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
K

K3n

Free Member
Jun 21, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Thanks @s20hymer It's a german LHD van so that makes sense. In that case, if it' possible I might get all three replaced with two UK 240v and a uk 12v. That way I'm only using one sort of plug for each.

Upvote 0

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
I use a rubber uk multi socket with continental 2 pin plug. Can fix or Velcro to surface if you want..

Love the recent Avanti... Nearly got one last year but could not squeeze a satisfactory deal:(

Upvote 0

AvantiSusan

Free Member
Jun 7, 2022
Cornwall, UK
Funster No
MH
La Strada Avanti
Exp
Cut the faff, the bottom one is continental 240. Change it to a UK 13a socket. Adapters are awful. The round socket is 12v off the leisure battery. Suggest you change it to a 12v round double USB socket which will go in the same hole from China - via Ebay for about ÂŁ5.00

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Jul 4, 2018
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg
Exp
A few years.
Nearly 7 year old thread......
Jim can we/you put a life on old thread to disable posting say after a year?

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back