Been To The NEC Show ? What's New? (4 Viewers)

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
Concorde (Southdowns) have three models on display. Starter model Credo at £152k plus, Charisma at £202k plus and the flagship Centurion with a Smart Car in the boot at £272k plus, then extra for the car I think. All very nice if you've got the reddies and an HGV licence for the Centurion.

Whilst we were there a jobsworth floor manager from the NEC informed Southdowns that the open boot lid of the Centurion was infringing the boundary of their rented floor space (by about 1 foot), and would have to be closed. £35k is a lot of dosh to show 3 vans and then be told you can't open the boot lid.

Southdown representative remarked to us that the NEC are so inflexible, and really should take a leaf out of their counterparts at the Caravan Salon Dusseldorf Show. The German organisers are so helpful and accommodating to their customers.

PS we ate at Wetherspoons in the Atrium - no deli belly this morning:LOL:

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Our first trip to NEC and thought what a good set up, good car parks just a few minutes walk from the halls . Great foyer area to get inside before the event opens and quite a choice of food although pricey.

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
It is a toss up between Pilote G740C and Carthago C Tourer I 150 and we are now leaning towards the Carthago.
Difficult to get the lounge space that we had in our RV but compromise is often necessary.

Gone off Carthago after reaing te multiple reports of problems on European forums. Yes they Look flash but whats that worth...Hymer seem to offer VFM and the choice of many sensible people I know.....

Pilote looks very interesting. they have great customer satisfaction, attitude to warranty repairs refreshing. Only caveat cant see is working at 3500. good price as well not much more then an import (unusual that!)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 8, 2014
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Compactline 143
Exp
I'm a newbie and always will be. You never know it all.
These look very interesting are they at the show?

Broken Link Removed

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
What are the accessories stalls like ? Ya know gear and stuff ?
If there ain't kit to mooch through I ain't going . Not much inspiration reading this thread !!!!

Probably better of at an open air show for that as the NEC prices for exhibitors probably extortionate

Charlie

Free Member
May 16, 2015
Herefordshire / Worcestershire borders .
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Kemerton.
Exp
Im a newbie
Probably better of at an open air show for that as the NEC prices for exhibitors probably extortionate

They have an air show near us at Thockmorton.. Had the Vulcan bomber there this year !

Never saw one MH Accessory there though Judge ................................................................................................

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Best place for motorhome accessories is shop around online (y) It's good to look at the products in shops & at shows but not always best price.

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
They have an air show near us at Thockmorton.. Had the Vulcan bomber there this year !

Never saw one MH Accessory there though Judge ................................................................................................
Sorry talking about motorhome shows:)

Bring your wellies!

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Has anybody got ferry discount codes from the show, looking to book for late December/early January?

Fairly sure the Ferry companies no longer attend these shows and have stopped issuing discount codes for a couple of years now. The days of cheap crossings have gone.
Even the Caravan Club no longer give 50% discounts.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Concorde (Southdowns) have three models on display. Starter model Credo at £152k plus, Charisma at £202k plus and the flagship Centurion with a Smart Car in the boot at £272k plus, then extra for the car I think. All very nice if you've got the reddies and an HGV licence for the Centurion.

Whilst we were there a jobsworth floor manager from the NEC informed Southdowns that the open boot lid of the Centurion was infringing the boundary of their rented floor space (by about 1 foot), and would have to be closed. £35k is a lot of dosh to show 3 vans and then be told you can't open the boot lid.

Southdown representative remarked to us that the NEC are so inflexible, and really should take a leaf out of their counterparts at the Caravan Salon Dusseldorf Show. The German organisers are so helpful and accommodating to their customers.

PS we ate at Wetherspoons in the Atrium - no deli belly this morning:LOL:

We have an appointment booked for tomorrow to look at Concorde, from drooling over brochures which I have been known to do from time to time it looks like they are trying to cheapen the build, so will have a good look.

Martin

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
We have an appointment booked for tomorrow to look at Concorde, from drooling over brochures which I have been known to do from time to time it looks like they are trying to cheapen the build, so will have a good look.

Martin

They were all white too :rolleyes:;)

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
But Judge you said open air shows.................... Me I believe everything a Judge tells me ! :D

Grrr....open air motorhome shows. not open air air shows:)

Yes its a tosh show IMO.....once was enough

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022

Martin
Hope you're going to wear your badge so we'll know who you are :D

Charlie

Free Member
May 16, 2015
Herefordshire / Worcestershire borders .
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Kemerton.
Exp
Im a newbie
Grrr....open air motorhome shows. not open air air shows:)

Yes its a tosh show IMO.....once was enough

Yeh...................But.....................But......................But funflairs off to look at Concorde so he goes to air shows an all ??????????????

Anyway you don't get many indoor air shows ?

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Yeh...................But.....................But......................But funflairs off to look at Concorde so he goes to air shows an all ??????????????

Anyway you don't get many indoor air shows ?

Peps may well go and look but if they have half a brain they will buy in Germany:)

I'm going to have a large scotch now thanks to you...

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
I looked a round twice and never saw half of it, very difficult to actually know where you have been or not been.
I went to look at the Hymer ML-i and when I tried to get a salesman he said sorry I am from goldshitt springs and there was no others, the seemed to all be over at the N&B stand trying to sell to millionaires, Pilote were easier to talk to and the Carthago man explained about the discount business and how a factory order was how it was done for delivery next June. They all talk delivery dates in 6-8 months.
If I sell Gertie the van I need something sooner than that to replace her and I want the cash in hand to haggle with. So I will look around at January after Xmas when poverty rules and the snow blows through the showrooms. Or it might still be Germany, but I drive in the UK mostly even living in Dover.

Candapack

Free Member
Oct 16, 2014
Fife, Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2013
Was there yesterday. 6 hours to drive down, overnight in Premier Inn (West Bromwich, why?), 8 full hours at show, 6 hours to drive back.
Knackered.
Had a "short" list of 12 vans to look at, 11 of them were there. Decided on one that wasn't even on the long list!!
Did a deal today with a dealer local to me, so all the effort was worth it.
Found some time to look at accessories, wouldn't bother again. Too busy. If you know what you want, get it online. If you don't know what you want, you don't need it.
There are stalls for campsites, clubs etc, in between the main halls. For me, they just created "pinch points" and slowed us up getting to see what we were there for - motorhomes.
If you live in or within 100 miles of the Birmingham area, you have my sympathies. For someone who lives in Fife, the traffic both ways was absolutely hellish.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back