Been To The NEC Show ? What's New? (1 Viewer)

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
I saw it today... It looked a bit Barry boy daft to me to be honest...
There was one massive MH the size of a bus that actually had a wee car in the garage at the back !
Nice but he can't have a nice A frame .....

They have a massive hall full of these super luxury beasts at Düsseldorf...mind boogling expensive.... That sort of money you don't need an A frame as your butler follows in the toad:)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Where do I find the discount code. We are going to the NEC today.
For Johns Cross just mention it discretely on the Fiamma stand. Always good to ask any sellers & if you do get a discount please post here (y)

Aug 19, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2015
Does that mean that Lock M Out do discount as well. That's def a stand we are visiting today. Fairly new and not used any discount codes. Where do I find them?

Aug 19, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2015
Thanks wombles just saw your post. Really looking forward to going today. Will ask if they do discount on all places we visit and let you know.

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Does that mean that Lock M Out do discount as well. That's def a stand we are visiting today. Fairly new and not used any discount codes. Where do I find them?
They're there & have a badge on their stand, sorry, have ditched the showguide

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Haven't got to them as always a queue on their stand in hall 12 but please do ask. Pick up a map at the info. desks & more detail in free show guide.We do have their products on all our windows as best that we could find.

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Only did about a third of the Show today but will have all day tomorrow too :) So far tempted by new narrow 215cm Dethleffs but must resist... Have negotiated 5% Funster discount with Van Comfort, & hope to have a discount with UK importer of Froli - more details to follow. Also picking up Show discount codes for websites - so far just Towsure code RTCM953 for 10% off from 1st November until 31st December. We do love a deal (y)
Talk to @lennyhb re foli, he bought recently on line from Germany I think? He is travelling back from Greece at the moment so may not see this...

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Talk to @lennyhb re foli, he bought recently on line from Germany I think? He is travelling back from Greece at the moment so may not see this...
Froli now being sold by UK stockists so will be interesting to know pricing. Show price £110 for single kit or £200 for 2 & mesh £37 for double bed.Have contact to email to see if Funster discount possible.

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Fuelled up on HIE breakfast now so off to the Show soon & will look out for Funsters. Also chatted to quite a few new motorhomers so we may have some more lovely new members soon....

Ber090

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 12, 2012
West Yorkshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Warwick
Exp
Since 2012
Have no Funsters visited us on the Fiamma Stand yet...............................:crying:
We visited you on Tuesday and a very helpful Nick looked up the part we need and we have agreed to me ringing him next Tuesday to order! We had our badges on but you were all really busy.
Cheers and thanks to Nick
Bernie & Rona(y)

Jun 16, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hymer CL 554
Exp
Since May 2014
Enjoyed this morning, but not too impressed with the sales people I was telling one where stuff was on one model! A tad disappointed in the B544 but liked a similar Frankia model with a bigger bathroom. Nothing really made me want to swap mine. Hubby was pleased that I didn't fall in love one.
Bought nothing so far apart from a boots meal deal at the airport

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Enjoyed this morning, but not too impressed with the sales people I was telling one where stuff was on one model! A tad disappointed in the B544 but liked a similar Frankia model with a bigger bathroom. Nothing really made me want to swap mine. Hubby was pleased that I didn't fall in love one.
Bought nothing so far apart from a boots meal deal at the airport

blimey..you flew in for that? Posh or what!:)

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
blimey..you flew in for that? Posh or what!:)
Probably cheaper to fly than buy at the NEC.
Two sandwiches, two fresh fruit salads, 1 coffee, 1 tea - £20+ :Eeek:
Never mind, we had a couple of good carveries, plus drinks, in Coleshill during our stay for not much more added together ::bigsmile:

Jun 8, 2015
Honiton,Devon
Funster No
MH
Bessacar E410
Exp
Since 2014
I don't understand this obsession with the price/quality of food. Didn't any of you actually go in your motorhomes? It must be quicker to go back to the car park and make your own lunch, than get a bus to the airport?!

Charlie

Free Member
May 16, 2015
Herefordshire / Worcestershire borders .
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Kemerton.
Exp
Im a newbie
I don't understand this obsession with the price/quality of food. Didn't any of you actually go in your motorhomes? It must be quicker to go back to the car park and make your own lunch, than get a bus to the airport?!

Why would those within sensible driving distance take a motorhome to the NEC ?

We drove over in the car so parking would be easy..

Point is though is plenty of people warned about the dreadful food and the stupid prices charged for it so its not hard to take a packed lunch ?

I wouldn't eat the junk they offer at the NEC if it was given for free.... (y)

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Point is though is plenty of people warned about the dreadful food and the stupid prices charged for it so its not hard to take a packed lunch ?

I wouldn't eat the junk they offer at the NEC if it was given for free.... (y)
My previous comment was made somewhat in jest - which hasn't really come through on re-reading :)

I mentioned on Broken Link Removed earlier today why we didn't take the van this year. On the previous two occasions when we went we did take a packed lunch. When staying in a hotel, though, it simply isn't practical.

The quality of the food we bought was OK. The sandwiches were better than some prepacked ones we've bought in the past, the fruit salad was fresh and the coffee wasn't bad. We expected to pay high prices and accepted that, just the same as we accepted the need to stay at a hotel (which we normally avoid as much as possible) as the only practical way for us to attend the show this year.

May 8, 2010
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2010
We went on the train, had a good breakfast before we left home, and broke the journey home at B'ham New Street so we could go to our favourite restaurant in China Town. All in all, it was a lovely day out.

Jun 16, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hymer CL 554
Exp
Since May 2014
On the Hymer stand I was told that all the Hymers on the show stand were customer orders. I asked if they get a discount if the van is showed. He said 'Oh Yes' as if it was loads off. I asked roughly how much and he said it could be as much as £1000! That didn't sound a lot to me on a 70k/90k van.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
On the Hymer stand I was told that all the Hymers on the show stand were customer orders. I asked if they get a discount if the van is showed. He said 'Oh Yes' as if it was loads off. I asked roughly how much and he said it could be as much as £1000! That didn't sound a lot to me on a 70k/90k van.

I imagine they would replace all the bits that were knicked over the week, a grand not much though all the same. Don't think it would tempt me to let a 1000 strangers tramp through my new van.

Martin

T

Tackle man

Deleted User
We drove up to NEC from Brighton area today. good journey took 2 1/2 hours each way.
Lots to see and investigate. Wifey bought a soup maker so guess what we'll be eating for the next month! :rolleyes:

The only funster badge I saw was pinned to @eddievanbitz but he was busy being helpful to a customer so didn't get the chance to introduce myself. " Hi Eddie! " :hi:
All in all a good time was had. It was fun. :D

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back