Free Member
Jan 3, 2013
Mayenne, France
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
Since 2010
Just got back from my great grandads place on the planet Zog.
I asked my family about this gassing thing and they all think it's an urban myth.
Well, they're the experts so their view is good enough for me.
Total poubelle!

As for white dog poo? ah well, that's a different story, they could talked for hours on the subject

laird of Dunstan

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 15, 2015
lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9000DFH
Exp
ex caravanner
and the BBC on same event actually interviewed an anaesthetist who confirmed it would be impossible to anaesthetize a whole area, I think I saw a post on here saying someone had emailed a link to medical report to the BBC, so maybe they read it and took note (y)

The guy who is the editor in chief of the bbc news is a motorhomer(y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
That's not true, if you came on here with medical evidence and the name of the place where you were and a police report, everyone would immediately take notice , that's what's missing from all these stories, whatever the op was trying to get out of it is anyone's guess, if he had paid his tenner that would have been a big step, instead of just bu...ing off.
Well said, that's what all these stories lack. Evidence. Well said (y)

PS: they also miss out on credibility and any form of logic.

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
Out of interest and ashamedly back on topic :LOL:. Do insurance companies actually pay up on thefts where it is merely suggested that gassing was the modus operandi ? whether it be a police suggestion or not without any EVIDENCE

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
I dont see why not, if you have been robbed with or without gas, they are only bothered about the robbery and dont pay out just on gassing so they dont care about that bit.

Martin

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
I dont see why not, if you have been robbed with or without gas.

Martin
Probably why the tales are perpetuated then. No damage to the van but lots of cash jewellery & electronics vanish :LOL:
Maybe it is time they toughened up and insisted on alarms like they refuse claims on cars where the keys were in the ignition etc

Ber090

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 12, 2012
West Yorkshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Warwick
Exp
Since 2012
We just got back from the frozen north ( N.W. Scotland) 6 weeks of p***ing down and wind! Just like to say how wonderful to get back on line and see that in the world of "FUN" nothing has changed and the normal high standards of reporting remain. Luv it!
Cheers
Bernie:)

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Out of interest and ashamedly back on topic :LOL:. Do insurance companies actually pay up on thefts where it is merely suggested that gassing was the modus operandi ? whether it be a police suggestion or not without any EVIDENCE

We will find out next week!:)

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Well I've spent 2 of the last 3 weeks on aires with the windows open every night. This is our last night and I'd hate to think I'd carried this £2000 of cash and valuables around all this time only for nobody to gas and rob me.

Just give me your location.. I will be there tonight with 8 x 400 litre bottles of NOS and a hose pipe..
Please be prepared for my visit by swallowing several sleeping pills and or a few bottle of decent wine ( I suggest this as the NOS will not knock you out but is to be used to boost the BHP of my Smart car to assist with my get away )

Cobweb

Free Member
Mar 25, 2014
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
If the op is still there, please come back with more info(y)

How was it possible for him to post in the first place ......and how many posts was he allowed . Did someone pull the plug on him before he could complete the story ?

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
How was it possible for him to post in the first place ......and how many posts was he allowed . Did someone pull the plug on him before he could complete the story ?
signed up as a new unsubscribed member. used up the 5 free posts then signed up again with a similar name to post again. breaking the rules

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
signed up as a new unsubscribed member. used up the 5 free posts then signed up again with a similar name to post again. breaking the rules

Reactions: DBK

Scattycat

Free Member
Jan 3, 2013
Mayenne, France
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
Since 2010
Oh bugger!
After all my protestations regarding the impossibility of being gassed in the MH it happened to me last night.
After an slight disagreement with SWMBO I was relegated to sleep in the MH last night alomg with the other miscreant in the household our rather gasseus household pet.
I awoke this morning with a splitting headache and dry mouth and noticed that there was a fresh cup of coffee on the bedside table and an apologetic note from her ladyship stating that she had misjudged me.
I never even heard her break in or slam the habitation door as she left.
All I can think is that the rather flatuent pet that had also been banished to the MH had continued its flatuance causing me to transend into a state of unconscionous so deep that nothing could wake me, so my only conclusion is that. . . . . . . . .I'd been gassed"
. . . . . . . . . and nothing to do with the fact that I'd consumed half a bottle of whisky while watching the late night fright movie

laird of Dunstan

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 15, 2015
lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9000DFH
Exp
ex caravanner
Even the kurdish fighters are at it now,claiming that isis are using gas ,they must have been reading this thread :whistle:

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
so my only conclusion is that. . . . . . . . .I'd been gassed"
. . . . . . . . . and nothing to do with the fact that I'd consumed half a bottle of whisky while watching the late night fright movie
That happened to me too, half a bottle of whiskey was stolen from me when we were gassed! (and some gin and ice cubes) :D

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
Just give me your location.. I will be there tonight with 8 x 400 litre bottles of NOS and a hose pipe..
Please be prepared for my visit by swallowing several sleeping pills and or a few bottle of decent wine ( I suggest this as the NOS will not knock you out but is to be used to boost the BHP of my Smart car to assist with my get away )
Sorry cannot stop laughing with all that gas everyone else has collapsed laughing as well.

redjohn151

Free Member
Aug 21, 2014
Funster No
MH
Hymer b534
Exp
I'm a newbie
I've just about had it with all you doubters out there.
Let me tell you this gas thing is fact.
I didn't want to make this public for fear of alarming people but I was a victim of robbery after being gassed.
The incident happened many years ago.
But I remember it like it was yesterday.

I was relaxing reclined in a leather chair just drifting off to sleeep.
I remember feeling a little uneasy and sort of spaced out. When I came round I discovered to my horror that I'd been gassed and that I'd been robbed

I will never visit that dentist again

filopastry

Free Member
Nov 11, 2013
london
Funster No
MH
littleun
Exp
newbie and learning every day
Not sure if it has already been mentioned but if gas was introduced into a MH whilst fridge is running on gas, ie little flame, would this not risk a great big BOOM!!!! and with all the reports, why has this not yet happened.... just curious

May 29, 2013
Tyneside
Funster No
MH
Chausson best of Flash 10
Exp
Several years now
Not sure if it has already been mentioned but if gas was introduced into a MH whilst fridge is running on gas, ie little flame, would this not risk a great big BOOM!!!! and with all the reports, why has this not yet happened.... just curious

Assuming someone introduced a flammable gas into the living quarters of a MH, then the gas should not be able to reach the flame of the fridge.

Because if the gas could reach the flame, then looking at it the other way round, the products of combustion from the flame would be able to get into the living quarters, which they should not.

Jan 3, 2008
Pakefield, Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Looking
Exp

It could be because the gas combustion area is sealed and separated from the interior of the motorhome effectively outside the habitation area. It could also be because gas attacks are a mistaken belief or at worst a complete load of tosh.

Personally I go with tosh since there has never, ever, been any substantial evidence that gas had been used, not ever. No empty gas canisters, no blood tests results, no one found in possession of apparatus, etc.etc. Whatever the claims. Its all been word of mouth.

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
My theory is that as people didn't use to clear up after their dogs, the poo dehydrated, leaving a very dry substance.
The brown colour of excrement is mostly due to used up ( and therefore dead) blood cells excreted processed via the liver and then disposed of via bowels.
Glad the only science course I ever did wasn't a total waste of time!
Over the last 12 months we've been feeding our dogs only raw meat. Prior to that we fed a complete food. The raw diet has a very large amount of bone in it and since the dogs started on it their stools dry out white. I'm only able to observe this on our own lawn area as everywhere else it's picked up fresh and disposed of. (I thought I'd better add that last bit of info in case anyone thought I left it on the street to dry out :)).

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
It could be because the gas combustion area is sealed and separated from the interior of the motorhome effectively outside the habitation area. It could also be because gas attacks are a mistaken belief or at worst a complete load of tosh.

Personally I go with tosh since there has never, ever, been any substantial evidence that gas had been used, not ever. No empty gas canisters, no blood tests results, no one found in possession of apparatus, etc.etc. Whatever the claims. Its all been word of mouth.

( apparently ) the most commonly used ( sic ! ) gas is NOS ( Nitrous Oxide ) and that is not flammable ..In fact it will put out flames as they are deprived of oxygen :)

So if you wake up with a head ache, lethargy, dry mouth, your stuff stolen AND the fridge / fire is out, you know what has happened !!

You got pissed the night before, forgot to lock the doors, and have run out of gas !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

parknride

Free Member
Jan 21, 2014
cumbria
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 1988
All I can think is that the rather flatuent pet that had also been banished to the MH had continued its flatuance causing me to transend into a state of unconscionous so deep that nothing could wake me, so my only conclusion is..........I'd been gassed

We are all barking up the wrong tree here, its not NOS gas, or anaesthetic gas they're using, its dog fart gas!!!

Jan 3, 2008
Pakefield, Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Looking
Exp
( apparently ) the most commonly used ( sic ! ) gas is NOS ( Nitrous Oxide ) and that is not flammable ..In fact it will put out flames as they are deprived of oxygen :)

So if you wake up with a head ache, lethargy, dry mouth, your stuff stolen AND the fridge / fire is out, you know what has happened !!

You got pissed the night before, forgot to lock the doors, and have run out of gas !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Our Our fridge has a flame failure device which cuts off the cas supply should it be unable to ignited rather like our hob and oven

Frentchy

Free Member
Oct 2, 2013
Bordeaux France
Funster No
MH
Elnagh Baron Profiie
Exp
since late seventies
Just a thought:unsure: those symptoms sound a bit like the effects of car exhaust fumes, especially the couple of days after effects. Also the sound of light rain when it wasn't raining, could be the gentle tick over of a recent model petrol car engine:(

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
Just a thought:unsure: those symptoms sound a bit like the effects of car exhaust fumes, especially the couple of days after effects. Also the sound of light rain when it wasn't raining, could be the gentle tick over of a recent model petrol car engine:(

Won't the catylitic converter remove the CO? Anyway, no "tests" have reported any residual toxins etc in "victims" - CO levels would surely show up?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back