Zenec Z-E3766 head unit rather than Zenec Z-E3756 - does anyone have the 3766 fitted to a Fiat Ducato based van? (1 Viewer)

Jan 1, 2020
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Hymercar Ayers Rock
Exp
Since 2008
Our 2020 Ayers Rock came fitted with the 3756 head unit but I see that Zenec also make a 3766 unit which comes with Apple CarPlay which is something which we want.

The thing is that the screen is bigger and is positioned differently, so it might foul the lift up lid on the dashboard (which we never use).

Z-E3766

Z-

If anyone has the 3766 fitted could you let us know what you think?

Many thanks

Nick

ED556AFC-0707-4687-926C-09787E9974A4.jpeg

C21E6B44-0ECF-44B2-AA9C-1CC20338BBF2.jpeg

Steve and Denise

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2011
Spalding LINCS
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago
Exp
Since 2008
We had a Zenec unit in our Hymer it took 18 months to get it repaired from new.
Absolutely no UK back up service you may be better looking at another make such as a Kenwood

OP
OP
KnolePark
Jan 1, 2020
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Hymercar Ayers Rock
Exp
Since 2008
Well..... we’ve been prompted to change the unit because when only six months old the screen on our 3756 started to show purple distortion, so it went back under warranty to Hymer who have apparently had a replacement circuit board fitted. We were thinking that while the unit was out, we could get a different model fitted and sell the old one.

Perhaps we need to start thinking about alternatives as you suggest.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Steve and Denise

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2011
Spalding LINCS
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago
Exp
Since 2008
Well that’s the problem having to go through Hymer ours took forever they eventually sent a loan unit as the head unit did all our media system
I asked for the money back in the end and would replace it with a better unit for less money that worked it did get quite heated in the end and Zenec are at the bottom end of the market.

Jul 17, 2017
Ardrossan
Funster No
MH
Burstner Brevio T646
Exp
Nov 2016
I posted problems I was having with my zenec unit last year. It remains a problem so much so that it will be replaced by any other make. Mine was an older unit but to be honest its promised performance against actual ability to provide dab radio and TV was terrible. I'd advise replace the zenec unit rather than upgrade to another zenec head.

Feb 18, 2017
Greenwich, London, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer MLT 570
Exp
I Have a Zenec unit fitted to my 2018 Hymer
I'm not impressed with it

As a SatNav, even though the the data comes from Tom Tom is not as good as my 2009 tom tom device
It's difficult to use between the apps
It's slow to start up, which means you have to switch it on a minute before you can program in your destination
(My phone take about 10 seconds to do the same thing)

Updating is a nightmare, it took me an entire evening to update it the first time.

I'd look at Kenwood or similar

Dec 16, 2020
Funster No
MH
sundance 500
Exp
since around 2009
All the satnavs seem to be slow to load up...Ive got a tom tom and a garmin...and they're both steady!
I'm no techno whizzkid though....
I liked the wireless I had in the van though originally....the valves in it were easy to replace:giggle::giggle::giggle:...
Joking aside ...I think they pack so much technology into equipment nowadays that it's hard to understand the manuals that tell you how to operate them.
My van is quite old and I like to keep the equipment as simple as possible...it's much better for the blood pressure!

Oct 11, 2016
Bognor Regis
Funster No
MH
Bailey Adamo 69-4
Exp
6 years
We have the E3576 in our Dethleffs. I agree it takes an age to boot up.
As a radio, cd and media player it seems to work well. I tend not to use the sat nav as I prefer to use the screen for the rear view cameras. I've had no problems updating the maps.
Probably has other features that I won't use.

Oct 12, 2020
Southport
Funster No
MH
Carado i338 15 editi
Exp
Looking to fit a head unit into our new MH in January. Want it to have DAB, reversing camera connection, Sat nav. Any recommendations?.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
I have a Clarion double Din unit, I bought it for the last van and transferred it to this one. Obsolete now a NX502e.
One good thing about the Clarion is it's low power consumption, Pioneer's are nice units but high power requirements even in standby.

I wouldn't buy one with satnav again, I would just make sure it has Car Play & Apple play they you can use what satnav app you want via your phone & it saves a few hundred quid.

OP
OP
KnolePark
Jan 1, 2020
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Hymercar Ayers Rock
Exp
Since 2008
Thank you for all your replies. I agree in that I think we will now look for an alternative head unit - so let the fun begin!

I will go for a quality make such as Alpine or Kenwood, and will also take heed of the suggestion that there is no need to get a “camper van” version as we can load any satnav app we like onto it so will research those also.

We use Waze a lot but it tends to direct you down narrow country lanes to save a minute despite there being a decent road running close by. We speak from experience when spending a week in deepest Cornwall recently.

Last edited:
Feb 18, 2017
Greenwich, London, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer MLT 570
Exp
For a Sat Nav, given the speed the technology becomes obsolete, it will only last 5-10 years at most.
Hence I'd get a head unit with reversing camera and radio/music and then buy a separate Sat Nav.

The Tom Tom units that are specifically designed for larger vehicles are worth the extra money, as you can enter in your size and speed and it won't send you down narrow Cornish lanes were they expect you to travel at 70 mph

Jul 17, 2017
Ardrossan
Funster No
MH
Burstner Brevio T646
Exp
Nov 2016
One word of warning re truck sat navs from China that I found. I exaggerated the vehicle size thinking it made route picked by sat nav safer! Wrong it started using unclassified roads more often. Correct vehicle dimensions entered cured the problem that my foolishness caused.

Oct 12, 2020
Southport
Funster No
MH
Carado i338 15 editi
Exp
Thanks for your imput, Think I will go with the suggestion of buying a separate Tom Tom / Garmin for larger vehicles and put a entertainment system into the DIN socket.

Sapper520

Free Member
Jan 22, 2020
North Somerset
Funster No
MH
No longer own one
Exp
September 2020
Our second Xzent A-F270 has decided to play up. The van supplying dealer has sent a Zenec Z-E3756 to replace it……looking at the reviews I’m not convinced it‘s a good replacement.

Having it fitted by a local Dealer in a few weeks….it’ll be our third media unit in 20 months. :(

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back