Zappy water tank cleaning (1 Viewer)

Jun 21, 2018
Habrough ,N E Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Comanche
Exp
Since 2010
Is Zappy still selling the tablets for tank cleaning, I don't need any at the moment but can't seem to find him onlinexxz\, I have 8 of the tablets but have lost the dosing instructions

Feb 22, 2016
York
Funster No
MH
Bailey 620 Approach
Exp
Since 2015
Suggest that 1 pill will do 54litre.

Cleaning motorhome fresh water tank
November 22, 2014Ryan and Mel 6 Comments

(See the rest of our tip index here)

* Updated as Zappy went from .com to .co.uk and the links didn’t work – still one of our top-tips!

This has always felt a chore, and in truth, we’ve only done it once in 4.5 years! And as we happily drink from the tank then its actually quite important. Its always felt like a hassle, and we’ve never really needed it.

Then on one of the motorhome forums, Graham at Zappys Blog http://zappysblog.co.uk/ started to offer a simple magic pill to do the disinfecting hassle free. Hmmm. Sceptcial old me. However, I placed my order and what did I get…

Pack of 10 pills for £5 delivered with clear instructions. These can be seen on his blog HERE in PDF format, and you can buy the pills HERE in his online shop. And no, sadly, I don’t get comission from him!

So before our next trip we decided we better do it. So, a quick flush of the tank, then fill with water and a single pill (54L is okay for single pill) – and go away for lunch for just over an hour. Come back, run through the water, then a quick clean flush, and first impressions on the taste test are fine! Tastes like normal water, clean, and no residue.

Simple!!

I’m not going to use the pills for the waster water tank (only a small one so will just sling in other stronger chemicals) but you can if you wish.

He also gives instructions on how to treat water pre-drinking in emergency situations – so quite a good pill all said and told.

So, if you want a quick n easy way to dose up your tank cleaning chemicals, then give Zappys Blog a look

Feb 22, 2016
York
Funster No
MH
Bailey 620 Approach
Exp
Since 2015
My post including the article above is headed:
"Cleaning Motorhome Fresh Water Tank"
In the article it says:

So before our next trip we decided we better do it. So, a quick flush of the tank, then fill with water and a single pill (54L is okay for single pill) – and go away for lunch for just over an hour. Come back, run through the water, then a quick clean flush, and first impressions on the taste test are fine!

Apr 14, 2008
Cromer norfolk
Funster No
MH
Bailey approach 745
Exp
since 2002
I,’ve run out of zappy’s tablets so if anyone can find if he is still going it would be very helpful.
Steve

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
I put a dishwasher tablet in the sinks now and again, seems to keep my tank ok...

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back