You found what in your Tank!!! (1 Viewer)

Feb 17, 2017
Herefordshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
A Bit
My eldest sister and brother in law have decided to dip their toes in the MH fraternity and purchased a 2004 Autocruise to see if they like it.

They picked the Starfire up the other day and have been getting their heads around the various bits and bobs prior to a first outing this weekend, as part of this he was looking at the best way to fill the fresh water and had the lid of the water tank unscrewed as the dealer said that if he didn't have the correct fitting for the tank filler this would be an option (we did find the tank filler connection in a drawer after) he was about to take the drain plug out of the tank to empty it (as it had about half a tank of water still in it when he collected it, I assume as part of the dealers checks) when he noticed something small in the tank when he pulled it out it turned out to be a small dead fish about the size of a whitebait, it had been dead for a while by the look of it though it still had it's skin intact.

How on earths name it got in there I have no idea especially as you need to use an adaptor on the fill point, luckily I had some puriclean in my van so we were able to fully cleanse the fresh water system prior to his first trip

Jul 11, 2020
Southampton
Funster No
MH
Benimar Tessoro T486
Exp
Since August 2020
My eldest sister and brother in law have decided to dip their toes in the MH fraternity and purchased a 2004 Autocruise to see if they like it.

They picked the Starfire up the other day and have been getting their heads around the various bits and bobs prior to a first outing this weekend, as part of this he was looking at the best way to fill the fresh water and had the lid of the water tank unscrewed as the dealer said that if he didn't have the correct fitting for the tank filler this would be an option (we did find the tank filler connection in a drawer after) he was about to take the drain plug out of the tank to empty it (as it had about half a tank of water still in it when he collected it, I assume as part of the dealers checks) when he noticed something small in the tank when he pulled it out it turned out to be a small dead fish about the size of a whitebait, it had been dead for a while by the look of it though it still had it's skin intact.

How on earths name it got in there I have no idea especially as you need to use an adaptor on the fill point, luckily I had some puriclean in my van so we were able to fully cleanse the fresh water system prior to his first trip
I used to have a tiger in my tank

Sep 22, 2020
Baltics
Funster No
MH
Hobby 600
Exp
Feel like an old timer
I was having trouble with our shallow well a few years back, we had been drinking the water and it was ok, however upon pulling the hose up with the pump on the end I found a rather dead frog jammed into the filter. :sick:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Norfolk Nige

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 4, 2021
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Wiensberg
Exp
Caravanning since 1980, saw the light in 2020
As a problem? On a scale of 1 to 10šŸ˜€

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
I was having trouble with our shallow well a few years back,
Hi.
My Auntie only had a well for water years ago 1939. her house was at the side of a Cemetery. We all survived,non of us started to fall by the wayside then,however,after her house was connected to mains water,our numbers started to drop. Mum was only 102 yrs old when she was called....
Tea Bag. :unsure:

Apr 27, 2016
Manchester
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
Since the 80s
I really can't see the point of going to all that trouble. You're allowed to take up to 20kg of fish into the EU anyway.::bigsmile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back