Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
Hi

Were off to Yorkshire at the weekend and I fancied having a drive into the dales. In particular Malham Tarn.

Does anybody know what the roads are like trhrough there. It all looks a bit tight.

Thanks

Jim

euro

Free Member
May 23, 2008
Lincoln, UK
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
We are new to it
Tight... makes Cornwalls lanes look like the M25 :roflmto:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

gypsylady

Free Member
Jun 24, 2008
Durham
Funster No
MH
A Happy One
Exp
Since 2005
Yorkshire Dales

Hi

Had a bit of a blonde moment last time we were in the Dales.

We left Bridlington for the journey home to Durham.

Decided to detour via Pickering.

Left Pickering for home using Tom Tom.

Found our PDA kept saying 'turn' when there was no road, but thought nothing of it and found ourselves heading over the Dales.

FANTASTIC

THE VIEWS WERE UNBELIEVABLE. At one stage we were heading over a ridge with valleys either side. WONDERFUL! Some banks, 25% or 20%.

It was only when we got closer to home that the Sat Nav started taking unusual roads past Middlesborough that I realised that it was still set for 'Walk Mode' from our strole into Brid from the field on the Saturday. DOH! :Blush:

The moral of my little tale......

The roads over the Dales are certainly passable. Narrow or steep in places, but I was driving :Eeek: (female) and I loved every minute.

Enjoy :thumb:

June

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Are you sure that was the Yorkshire Dales, June, or was it the North Yorkshire Moors? Pickering to Durham via Middlesbrough would certainly take you over the latter (either via Whitby or Helmsley).

You're right about there being unusual roads in the Middlesbrough area though :ROFLMAO:

Graham

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DCC

Free Member
Jul 8, 2008
Whitby, North Yorks
Funster No
Exp
novice
There is a small ‘tight’ road from Pickering running north over the moors. Very scenic and would miss Whitby out all together. It departs Pickering adjacent to the station. Not reccomended for MH's

DC

pudseykeith

Free Member
Nov 5, 2007
Leeds West Riding of York
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
6 Years
the Dales

Hi
The roads around Bolton Abbey, Grassington, [ not to go into appletreewick tho ] Pateley Bridge, Kettlewell are all good. As with all wide vehicles on narrow road care must be taken. You will love the Dales. Enjoy.
Pudseykeith

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back