LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Taken from the BIRD forum.. The OP has been a member of BIRD for many many years and is not prone to outbursts...

The Blood Bike group I'm in have a couple of FJR 1300's.
There's currently a recall on them for a gearbox fault. The fleet manager has been told that they can only be used in an emergency.... Which is the whole point of having them!!

Local dealer can't look at them for at least a month and it's then a 5 day job per bike.

Yamaha have been contacted to try and get it sorted quicker. Their response..... Its not our problem you can't use your bike and no we won't lend you anything to help you carry out your essential service delivering blood........

RowleyBirkinQC

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 20, 2014
Dazed & Confused
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2007
You’d think Yamaha would be cognisant of the potential negative publicity optics there. No apparent understanding or empathy and crap service indeed.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

bigtwin

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2009
Derby
Funster No
MH
Concorde
Exp
Since 2006
That’s not good.

Whatever the issue is with the local dealer you’d have thought that, given the time of year, they’d make a call to their customers currently booked in and explain that they like to push them back in order to keep the Blood Bikes on the road. I’m sure most customers would be ok with that.

Ian

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back