Wiring diagram Hobby Toscana (1 Viewer)

Apr 30, 2021
Funster No
MH
Hobby Toskana
Hi, I wondered if anyone could point me in the right direction as to where I can get hold of a wiring diagram for a Hobby Toscana 750 Exclusive?? I have tried the usual Google search etc and written to dealers without much success!
Specifically (without ripping everything apart) I’m trying to trace wiring that comes into the Truma combi! Someone has joined a brown wire onto a green wire which is the 12v supply to the PCB and for some reason there’s a red wire (which is live and open ended) which is just cut off and tie wrapped in the loop just before the PCB? The boiler is working on gas but showing a fault when on gas (green amber and red lights are all on) I don’t have a digital control unit only the older analogue controls 2. If I could get hold of a wiring diagram I would be able to see why there is a live red wire in the loop which is unused and why the brown wire is connected to a green wire! Appreciate Any help locating a wiring diagram.

Thanks

OP
OP
Garry T60
Apr 30, 2021
Funster No
MH
Hobby Toskana
I’m working my way through them but not come across wiring diagram for Hobby Toscana as yet.

OP
OP
Garry T60
Apr 30, 2021
Funster No
MH
Hobby Toskana
Shows brown wire connected to green wire & open ended red wire (live) not connected to anything. (This is old PCB, replaced with new one)
0B9E3C8F-D6C9-40C8-BDFB-DDFB209B7E68.jpeg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Garry T60
Apr 30, 2021
Funster No
MH
Hobby Toskana
I’m really just trying to find out where the red & green wires come from! Think il have to get auto elec to see if he can trace them for me.

Feb 19, 2018
EAST ANGLIA
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1975
Other electrical could probably inform you better, but in my younger days, Red was live, green was earth and black was neutral.

OP
OP
Garry T60
Apr 30, 2021
Funster No
MH
Hobby Toskana
That’s the conundrum and why I’m looking for a wiring diagram. I may well have to trace them back to find out why a green wire is connected to the live terminal?

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
Ignore standard wiring conventions with some motorhomes as some use brown for earth and blue live. Very confusing if you expect to see standard wiring

In the photo, the brown wire does not immediately appear to be original, because the crimp terminal used does not match the rest. Why is the red wire there but taped off? This might be an undocumented repair at some point

OP
OP
Garry T60
Apr 30, 2021
Funster No
MH
Hobby Toskana
You may well be correct, the brown wire is crimped on to a green wire further back. And the red wire?? For some reason has been just cut and left and is actually live?? I think I’m going to have to do a bit of tracing back to find out where they actually come from. I’m not an electrician but have a basic idea of how things work. I have a feeling the red wire is the live that should be on the PCB, I can check that by confirming if it’s still live if I remove the boiler fuse under the drivers seat👍 I guess the same applies for the green/brown wire.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back